|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
2. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
3. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
4. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
5. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
3. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
4. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
5. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
6. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
7. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
8. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
9. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
10. Who does Savitri discover by her husband in the forest in Savitri? What does she say to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss, analyze and compare Chudala and Sikhi-Dhvaja. How are the husband and wife different in this story? What similarities do they share?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Valmiki and Rama. What is the definition of the Adi Kavi, and how did Valmiki earn this title?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss King Lavana. Where is Lavana ruler? How is he thought of by his subjects? What magician visits him?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)