Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
2. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
3. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
4. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss King Lavana. Where is Lavana ruler? How is he thought of by his subjects? What magician visits him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the plot structure and settings of Yayati. What are the story's central themes? How do the characters react to temptation in this narrative? How does it relate to the other stories in the anthology?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss, analyze and compare Chudala and Sikhi-Dhvaja. How are the husband and wife different in this story? What similarities do they share?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)