Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
2. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
3. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
4. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Indra, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and Mahishasura in Devi. Do these gods hold a definitive role in the stories, or do they transform in each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss, analyze and compare Chudala and Sikhi-Dhvaja. How are the husband and wife different in this story? What similarities do they share?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Sankha in Valmiki. What are Sankha's incarnations? What is his principle role in the narrative?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)