|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
2. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
3. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
4. Rama is the incarnation of what god in Valmiki?
5. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Indra, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and Mahishasura in Devi. Do these gods hold a definitive role in the stories, or do they transform in each?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Draupadi, Yudhistira, Arjuna, Bhima, Nakula, Shadeless, and Kunthi. Who are the parents of the Pandava brothers? Where do they live?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sandhya, Manmata, Rati, Iswara, and the setting of Manmata. Why did Brahma decide to create Sandhya and Manmata?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)