Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
2. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
3. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
4. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements of Hindu faith and belief in Chudala and Lavana. What morals are upheld in each of these stories? How do the stories relate to Christian parables?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism, themes, metaphors, and simile in Viswamitra. How does "man's ego" relate to the story's moral and themes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Indra, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and Mahishasura in Devi. Do these gods hold a definitive role in the stories, or do they transform in each?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)