|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
3. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
4. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
5. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the life of the author, R. K. Narayan, his culture and literary career, and the influences which he drew from in adapting Gods, Demons, and Others.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the plot structure and settings of Yayati. What are the story's central themes? How do the characters react to temptation in this narrative? How does it relate to the other stories in the anthology?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characters Sukracharya, Kacha and Vrishaparva and the Sanjivini mantra. Who is Kacha's father and why is he chosen to be sent to Sukracharya?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)