|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman in the woods refuses to help the king unless he does what in Lavana?
2. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
3. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
4. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that he struggles because he has no ___________.
5. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
2. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
3. How is Devi created? What is her appearance like?
4. How does the story Devi conclude? Who kills Mahisha?
5. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
6. What is King Chedi's response to his dinner invitation in the beginning of Viswamitra? How is it explained?
7. What does Chudala do in order to find her happiness? What does Sikhi-Dhvaia note about her change?
8. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
9. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
10. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism, themes, metaphors, and simile in Viswamitra. How does "man's ego" relate to the story's moral and themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Valmiki and Rama. What is the definition of the Adi Kavi, and how did Valmiki earn this title?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss King Lavana. Where is Lavana ruler? How is he thought of by his subjects? What magician visits him?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)