|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
2. Manmata asks Brahma if he may test his strength by sending out his __________.
3. What is the Storyteller also known as?
4. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
5. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ravana die?
2. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
3. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
4. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
5. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
6. Who does Viswamitra present to Harischandra as his first test?
7. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
8. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
9. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
10. How is Harischandra's son killed? What happens when his mother grieves for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sandhya, Manmata, Rati, Iswara, and the setting of Manmata. Why did Brahma decide to create Sandhya and Manmata?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ravana, Kumbhakarna, Soorpanakha, Vibhishana, Kubera, and the setting of Ravana. Why was Ravana renamed and by whom?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life of the author, R. K. Narayan, his culture and literary career, and the influences which he drew from in adapting Gods, Demons, and Others.
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)