|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
2. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
3. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(d) The goldsmith.
4. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
(a) Kusa and Lava.
(b) Nimish and Timirbaran.
(c) Wajidali and Pavanaj.
(d) Thenappan and Firdaus.
5. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
2. To what goddess does Asvapati pray for a child?
3. Who gave Ravana his name?
4. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
5. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
2. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
3. Who does Savitri discover by her husband in the forest in Savitri? What does she say to him?
4. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
5. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
6. Describe King Nala. Who visits him in the beginning of the story Nala?
7. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
8. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
9. What does Vibhishana suggest Ravana do rather than fight?
10. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)