|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
2. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
3. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
4. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
2. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
3. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
4. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
5. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
2. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
3. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
4. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
5. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
6. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
7. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
8. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. What does Vibhishana suggest Ravana do rather than fight?
10. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)