|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Kali and Dwapara.
(b) Nandni and Vithoba.
(c) Kannaki and Chandra.
(d) Tejaji and Parvati.
3. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His heart.
(b) His head.
(c) His neck.
(d) His stomach.
4. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
5. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
2. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
3. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
4. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
5. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe King Nala. Who visits him in the beginning of the story Nala?
2. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
3. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
4. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
5. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
6. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
7. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
8. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
10. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)