|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
2. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
3. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Arundhati.
(b) King Aranyaka.
(c) King Aslesa.
(d) King Ayyappan.
4. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Makes him bleed.
(c) Changes his appearance.
(d) Makes him hallucinate.
5. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
3. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
4. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
5. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
2. Who does Savitri discover by her husband in the forest in Savitri? What does she say to him?
3. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
4. How does Ravana die?
5. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
6. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
7. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
8. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
9. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
10. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)