|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
2. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
3. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
4. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
5. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a hermitage.
(c) The market.
(d) By the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
2. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
3. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
5. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
2. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
3. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
4. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
5. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
6. Who does Savitri discover by her husband in the forest in Savitri? What does she say to him?
7. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
8. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
10. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)