|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) Another man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A goddess.
3. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A fire.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A snake.
4. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
5. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
2. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
3. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
5. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
2. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
3. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
4. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
5. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
6. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
7. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
8. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
9. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
10. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)