|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
2. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
3. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
4. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A flying chariot.
(b) A sword.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A blue cow.
5. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
2. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
3. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
4. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
5. What does the name Ravana translate to in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
2. What does Vibhishana suggest Ravana do rather than fight?
3. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
4. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
5. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
6. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
7. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
8. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
9. How does Ravana die?
10. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)