|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
(a) The Kapilash mountain.
(b) The Kangyatse mountain.
(c) The Kalanag mountain.
(d) The Kailas mountain.
2. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
3. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Makes him hallucinate.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Makes him bleed.
(d) Changes his appearance.
4. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
5. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Kali and Dwapara.
(b) Tejaji and Parvati.
(c) Kannaki and Chandra.
(d) Nandni and Vithoba.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
2. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
3. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
4. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
5. Rama is the incarnation of what god in Valmiki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
2. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
3. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
4. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
5. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
6. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
7. How does Ravana die?
8. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
9. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
10. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)