|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
(b) Pattini Devi.
(c) Hpati Sataa.
(d) Sataa Dhaagaara.
2. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
3. Who gave Ravana his name?
4. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Chidira Locaka.
(b) Adi Kavi.
(c) Locaka Adi.
(d) Kavi Chidira.
5. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
2. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
3. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
4. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
5. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
2. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
3. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
4. How does Ravana die?
5. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
6. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
7. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
8. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
9. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
10. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)