|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Nandni and Vithoba.
(b) Kali and Dwapara.
(c) Kannaki and Chandra.
(d) Tejaji and Parvati.
2. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
3. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
4. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Makes him bleed.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Makes him hallucinate.
(d) Changes his appearance.
5. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
2. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
3. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
4. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
5. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ravana die?
2. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
3. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
4. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
5. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
6. Describe King Nala. Who visits him in the beginning of the story Nala?
7. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
8. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
9. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
10. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)