|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
3. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
4. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) The ocean.
(b) Her father's kingdom.
(d) The great mountains.
5. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Adi Kavi.
(b) Chidira Locaka.
(c) Kavi Chidira.
(d) Locaka Adi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the lord of Death in Nala?
2. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
3. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
5. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vibhishana suggest Ravana do rather than fight?
2. How does Ravana die?
3. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
4. Describe King Nala. Who visits him in the beginning of the story Nala?
5. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
6. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
7. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
8. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
9. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
10. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)