|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
2. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
3. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
4. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
5. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Adi Kavi.
(b) Chidira Locaka.
(c) Locaka Adi.
(d) Kavi Chidira.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
2. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
3. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
4. Rama is the incarnation of what god in Valmiki?
5. Who is referred to as the lord of Death in Nala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
2. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
3. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
5. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
6. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
7. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
8. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
9. How does Ravana die?
10. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)