|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
2. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
3. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
(b) Hpati Sataa.
(c) Sataa Dhaagaara.
(d) Pattini Devi.
4. To what goddess does Asvapati pray for a child?
(b) Tripura Sundari.
5. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A fish with no tail.
(b) A snake with two heads.
(c) A humped bull.
(d) A three armed monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
2. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
3. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
4. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
5. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
2. Who does Savitri discover by her husband in the forest in Savitri? What does she say to him?
3. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
4. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
5. What do the king and queen of Madurai do upon learning of the wrongs done to Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet? What does Kannagi do?
6. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
7. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
8. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
9. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
10. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)