|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His neck.
(b) His heart.
(c) His head.
(d) His stomach.
3. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
4. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
5. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
2. Ravana is first known by what name?
3. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
4. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
5. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who named Ravana? Describe his family.
2. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
3. How does Ravana die?
4. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
5. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
6. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
7. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
8. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
9. Describe King Nala. Who visits him in the beginning of the story Nala?
10. What does Vibhishana suggest Ravana do rather than fight?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)