|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
2. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
3. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
4. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
2. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
3. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
4. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
5. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
2. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
3. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
4. How does Ravana die?
5. Who does Damayanti encounter in Chedi? What does she do at that point?
6. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
7. What does Ravana hear of Rama throughout the city? What is his impression?
8. What do Ravana and his brothers do when they come out from seclusion?
9. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
10. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)