|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 1,500 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 5,000 years.
2. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His food.
(c) Inside himself.
(d) His training.
3. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
4. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
5. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
2. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
3. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
4. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
5. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sage in the woods ask in return for helping Harischandra?
2. What is the onset of Harischandra's troubles in Harischandra?
3. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
4. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
5. What is the hawk's response when King Sibi offers him a banquet for his subjects? What is Sibi's reply?
6. Who does Viswamitra present to Harischandra as his first test?
7. What does Harischandra find attacking his city when he returns from his first test?
8. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
9. Who does Sikhi-Dhvaia's father arrange for him to marry? What is their marriage like?
10. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)