|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
(a) His mind.
(b) His feet.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
2. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
3. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
4. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 1,500 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 500 years.
5. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A woman.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bat.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
2. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
3. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
4. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
5. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
Short Essay Questions
1. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
2. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
3. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
4. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
5. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
6. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
7. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
8. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
9. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
10. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)