|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
2. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A sailor.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A woodcutter.
(d) A doctor.
3. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
4. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
5. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The mountaintop.
(b) The desert.
(c) The riverside.
(d) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
2. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
3. What does the goddess Devi wear?
4. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
5. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
2. Describe the figure of Valmiki. What great work did he compose?
3. What is the onset of Harischandra's troubles in Harischandra?
4. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
5. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
6. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
7. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
8. How does Harischandra come to recognize his wife in Harischandra?
9. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
10. What is the hawk's response when King Sibi offers him a banquet for his subjects? What is Sibi's reply?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)