|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
2. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
3. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
(b) Love and fear.
(c) Sensual pleasures.
(d) Love and hatred.
4. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The desert..
(b) The forest.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Indian Ocean.
5. Manmata asks Brahma if he may test his strength by sending out his __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
2. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
3. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
4. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
5. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Asvapati praying in the beginning of Savitri? To whom does he pray?
2. What does Harischandra do when faced with the task of killing a woman?
3. What happens to Manmata's arrows when he shoots them in the beginning of Manmata?
4. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
5. What gods assist Nala's brother in tricking Nala? How and why?
6. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
7. Who is Savitri's father with when she announces who she chooses for a husband? What is his reply?
8. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
9. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
10. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)