|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
2. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A lion.
(d) An elephant.
3. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
4. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A woman.
5. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
2. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
3. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
4. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
5. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ravana attack his brother? What does he steal from him?
2. How is Harischandra's son killed? What happens when his mother grieves for him?
3. Who does Sikhi-Dhvaia's father arrange for him to marry? What is their marriage like?
4. What does Savitri do when her husband's death is coming near in Savitri?
5. How does King Sibi encounter a dove and hawk in Sibi?
6. What is Sita's reaction to Ravana once she has been kidnapped?
7. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
8. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
9. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
10. Why do Ravana and his brothers go into seclusion? What does Ravana gain?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)