|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
2. Manmata is the god of ______________.
3. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
4. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
5. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
2. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
3. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
4. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
5. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
2. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
3. Who does Brahma offer in marriage to Manmata? Where does he send them afterward?
4. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
5. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
6. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
7. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
8. What causes King Lavana to leave his home with his family in Lavana? How does he return?
9. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
10. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)