|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The forest.
(b) The desert.
(c) The mountaintop.
(d) The riverside.
2. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
3. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
4. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
(a) Uttar Punjab.
(b) Uttar Pradesh.
(c) Uttar Pandava.
(d) Madhya Pradesh.
5. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
2. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that he struggles because he has no ___________.
3. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
4. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
5. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
2. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
3. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
4. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
5. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
6. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
7. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
8. Who does Sikhi-Dhvaia's father arrange for him to marry? What is their marriage like?
9. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
10. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)