|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
2. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
3. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
4. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
5. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Manmata is the god of ______________.
2. What does the goddess Devi wear?
3. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
4. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
5. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
2. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
3. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
4. What is King Chedi's response to his dinner invitation in the beginning of Viswamitra? How is it explained?
5. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
6. What happens to Manmata's arrows when he shoots them in the beginning of Manmata?
7. What does Mahisha grow up to be like, in Devi? Why does Indra stand against him?
8. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
9. Who does Brahma offer in marriage to Manmata? Where does he send them afterward?
10. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)