|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
2. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
3. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
(b) The innocent.
4. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A woman.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bat.
(d) A wolf.
5. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the goddess Devi wield in each arm?
2. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
3. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
4. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
5. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
2. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
3. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
4. What causes King Lavana to leave his home with his family in Lavana? How does he return?
5. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
6. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
7. What happens to Manmata's arrows when he shoots them in the beginning of Manmata?
8. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
9. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
10. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)