|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
2. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A sailor.
3. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
4. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
(a) His first born son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
(c) The innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
2. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
3. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
4. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
5. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
2. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
3. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
4. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
5. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
6. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
7. What does Mahisha grow up to be like, in Devi? Why does Indra stand against him?
8. What happens to Manmata's arrows when he shoots them in the beginning of Manmata?
9. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
10. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)