|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
(a) The forest.
(b) To her mother.
(c) The netherworld.
2. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
(a) His eldest 2 sons.
(b) His youngest 3 sons.
(c) His youngest 2 sons.
(d) His eldest 3 sons.
3. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
4. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
5. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
2. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
3. What is the Storyteller also known as?
4. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
5. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
2. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
3. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
4. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
5. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
6. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
7. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
8. What causes King Lavana to leave his home with his family in Lavana? How does he return?
9. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
10. What is King Chedi's response to his dinner invitation in the beginning of Viswamitra? How is it explained?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)