|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
2. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
3. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
4. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
5. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
2. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
3. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
4. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
5. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a serpent give Nala in repayment for saving him?
2. What is proven by King Sibi's actions in the end of Sibi? What moral lesson is learned?
3. Where does Nala leave Damayanti behind in Nala? Why?
4. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
5. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
6. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
7. How is Harischandra's son killed? What happens when his mother grieves for him?
8. What does Chudala do in order to find her happiness? What does Sikhi-Dhvaia note about her change?
9. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
10. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)