|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Philanthropist.
(b) The Pugilist.
(c) The Pandit.
(d) The Pundit.
2. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
3. Manmata is the god of ______________.
4. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
5. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
2. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
3. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
4. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
5. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
2. How is Devi created? What is her appearance like?
3. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
4. What causes King Lavana to leave his home with his family in Lavana? How does he return?
5. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
6. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
7. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
8. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
9. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
10. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)