|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(b) In a trance.
2. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
3. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
4. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Green robes.
(b) Red robes.
(c) Gold necklaces.
(d) Silver rings.
5. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A lightning bolt.
(b) A sword.
(c) A throwing star.
(d) A discus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
2. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
3. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
4. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
5. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Brahma offer in marriage to Manmata? Where does he send them afterward?
2. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
3. What does Chudala do in order to find her happiness? What does Sikhi-Dhvaia note about her change?
4. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
5. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
6. What happens to Manmata's arrows when he shoots them in the beginning of Manmata?
7. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
8. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
9. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
10. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)