|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
2. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
3. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
(a) The Tasya Vaartaa.
(b) The Adya Divaa.
(c) The Brahma Astra.
(d) The Tasya Aagamana
4. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
5. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
Short Answer Questions
1. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
2. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
3. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
4. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
5. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
2. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
3. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
4. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
5. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
6. What does Chudala do in order to find her happiness? What does Sikhi-Dhvaia note about her change?
7. How is the struggle between the gods and demons described in the beginning of Yayati?
8. Who does Sikhi-Dhvaia's father arrange for him to marry? What is their marriage like?
9. What happens when Kacha decides to return to the god-world in Yayati?
10. How does the story Devi conclude? Who kills Mahisha?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)