|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
2. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
3. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
4. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
5. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
2. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
3. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
4. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
5. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sikhi-Dhvaia's father arrange for him to marry? What is their marriage like?
2. What does Mahisha grow up to be like, in Devi? Why does Indra stand against him?
3. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
4. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
5. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
6. What is the objective of Mahishasura, according to the storyteller in the beginning of Devi?
7. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
8. Who does Brahma offer in marriage to Manmata? Where does he send them afterward?
9. What is King Chedi's response to his dinner invitation in the beginning of Viswamitra? How is it explained?
10. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)