|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 10,000 years.
2. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
3. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
4. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
5. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
2. What does the goddess Devi wear?
3. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
4. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
5. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Viswamitra present to Harischandra as his first test?
2. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
3. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
4. What moral lesson is relayed in the story of Draupadi?
5. Who does Brahma offer in marriage to Manmata? Where does he send them afterward?
6. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
7. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
8. How is Devi created? What is her appearance like?
9. Who arrives to save Sita in Ravana? What does he do to free her?
10. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)