|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His knife.
(b) His bow.
(c) His sword.
(d) His staff.
2. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
(a) Uttar Punjab.
(b) Madhya Pradesh.
(c) Uttar Pradesh.
(d) Uttar Pandava.
3. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
4. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A famine.
(c) A fire.
(d) A flood.
5. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
2. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
3. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
4. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
5. What does the goddess Devi wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to order Ravana to stop moving a mountain? What is his response?
2. What causes the downfall of Kovalan in The Mispaired Anklet?
3. Where does King Nala find himself after Damayanti's Swayamwara is announced?
4. What is the hawk's response when King Sibi offers him a banquet for his subjects? What is Sibi's reply?
5. What is the onset of Harischandra's troubles in Harischandra?
6. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
7. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
8. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
9. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
10. What does the hawk tell King Sibi will happen if he does not give him the dove?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)