|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
2. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The desert..
(b) The Indian Ocean.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The forest.
3. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
4. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
5. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
2. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
3. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
4. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
5. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kacha decides to return to the god-world in Yayati?
2. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
3. What moral lesson does King Lavana learn from his encounter with a magician?
4. What conversation does Iswara have with Vasishta in Viswamitra?
5. Discuss the themes and plots within the story Yayati. What unites the story?
6. What obstacles face Kacha once he becomes Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
7. What is the third test which Chudala places on her husband? What comes of it?
8. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
9. Describe Sikhi-Dhvaia in the beginning of Chudala. How old is he?
10. What does Chudala do in order to find her happiness? What does Sikhi-Dhvaia note about her change?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)