|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
2. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
3. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His first born son.
(d) His father.
4. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A bat.
(b) A woman.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
5. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
2. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
3. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
4. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
5. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mahisha grow up to be like, in Devi? Why does Indra stand against him?
2. What does Chudala do in order to find her happiness? What does Sikhi-Dhvaia note about her change?
3. Who does Brahma offer in marriage to Manmata? Where does he send them afterward?
4. How does Sabala feel about leaving Vasishta in Viswamitra? What does she do?
5. Who does Brahma create in the beginning of Manmata? Why?
6. What does King Chedi come upon in the beginning of Viswamitra?
7. How is Devi created? What is her appearance like?
8. How does Chudala test her husband's ability to make no distinction between yielding and resisting?
9. What does Mahisha do upon hearing a challenge through the woods in Devi?
10. How does Yayati encounter Deyayani in the story Yayati?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)