|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A blue cow.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A flying chariot.
(d) A sword.
3. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
4. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
5. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
6. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
7. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
8. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
9. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) Her father's kingdom.
(c) The great mountains.
(d) The ocean.
10. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
11. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is told to leave and never come back.
(c) A hand is cut off.
(d) He is fined.
12. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Makes him bleed.
(c) Changes his appearance.
(d) Makes him hallucinate.
13. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
14. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
15. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
2. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
3. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
5. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)