|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Arundhati.
(b) King Aranyaka.
(c) King Ayyappan.
(d) King Aslesa.
2. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
3. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
4. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
5. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
6. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) The goldsmith.
7. To what goddess does Asvapati pray for a child?
(b) Tripura Sundari.
8. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
9. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
10. Who gave Ravana his name?
11. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
12. Ravana is first known by what name?
13. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) A goddess.
(b) An old woman.
(c) Another man.
(d) A prostitute.
14. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A fire.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A snake.
15. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Sataa Dhaagaara.
(b) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
(c) Hpati Sataa.
(d) Pattini Devi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
2. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
3. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
4. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
5. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)