|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
2. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
3. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
(a) Nimish and Timirbaran.
(b) Thenappan and Firdaus.
(c) Wajidali and Pavanaj.
(d) Kusa and Lava.
4. Ravana is first known by what name?
5. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A hand is cut off.
(b) He is fined.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is told to leave and never come back.
6. Who gave Ravana his name?
7. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
8. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
10. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A snake.
(c) A fire.
(d) A monkey.
11. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A sword.
(b) A blue cow.
(c) A flying chariot.
(d) A white horse.
12. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
(b) Sataa Dhaagaara.
(c) Pattini Devi.
(d) Hpati Sataa.
13. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
14. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
15. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
3. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
4. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
5. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)