|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Nandni and Vithoba.
(b) Kannaki and Chandra.
(c) Kali and Dwapara.
(d) Tejaji and Parvati.
2. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Changes his appearance.
(c) Makes him bleed.
(d) Makes him hallucinate.
3. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
4. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
5. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
6. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
7. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
8. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
10. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
11. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Sataa Dhaagaara.
(b) Pattini Devi.
(c) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
(d) Hpati Sataa.
12. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
13. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Aranyaka.
(b) King Arundhati.
(c) King Ayyappan.
(d) King Aslesa.
14. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
15. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
Short Answer Questions
1. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
2. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
3. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
4. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
5. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)