|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
2. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
3. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
4. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
5. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
6. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
7. Who advises Ravana to undo the thing that is causing all the strife and give Rama's wife back?
8. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fire.
9. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
10. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
11. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Changes his appearance.
(b) Makes him hallucinate.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Makes him bleed.
12. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His neck.
(b) His heart.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His head.
13. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
14. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Kannaki and Chandra.
(b) Kali and Dwapara.
(c) Tejaji and Parvati.
(d) Nandni and Vithoba.
15. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A falling tree.
(b) A fire.
(d) A large bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
2. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
3. Who gave Ravana his name?
4. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
5. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)