|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
2. To what goddess does Asvapati pray for a child?
(a) Tripura Sundari.
3. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
4. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Kavi Chidira.
(b) Locaka Adi.
(c) Chidira Locaka.
(d) Adi Kavi.
5. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Hpati Sataa.
(b) Pattini Devi.
(c) Sataa Dhaagaara.
(d) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
6. Who is the mother of the five Pandava brothers in Draupadi?
7. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Aslesa.
(b) King Arundhati.
(c) King Ayyappan.
(d) King Aranyaka.
8. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
10. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
11. What does the name Ravana translate to in English?
12. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
13. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) An old woman.
(b) Another man.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A goddess.
14. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
15. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
2. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
3. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
4. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
5. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)