|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
2. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
3. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His head.
(b) His neck.
(c) His heart.
(d) His stomach.
4. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
5. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
6. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
7. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
8. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
9. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A large bird.
(b) A falling tree.
(d) A fire.
10. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
11. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
12. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
13. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Changes his appearance.
(b) Makes him hallucinate.
(c) Makes him bleed.
(d) Kills him.
14. Who is referred to as the lord of Death in Nala?
15. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
2. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
3. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
4. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
5. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)