|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
2. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
3. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
4. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
5. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
6. Who is referred to as the lord of Death in Nala?
7. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
8. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) Her father's kingdom.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The great mountains.
9. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
10. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) Another man.
(d) An old woman.
11. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
12. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(c) The goldsmith.
13. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
14. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His heart.
(d) His neck.
15. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A snake with two heads.
(b) A three armed monkey.
(c) A humped bull.
(d) A fish with no tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
2. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
3. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
4. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
5. Ravana is first known by what name?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)