|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
2. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
3. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A fire.
(c) A snake.
(d) A monkey.
4. Who gave Ravana his name?
5. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
6. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
7. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
8. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A sword.
(c) A blue cow.
(d) A flying chariot.
9. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
(a) Krayavikrayin Aaghaata.
(b) Hpati Sataa.
(c) Pattini Devi.
(d) Sataa Dhaagaara.
10. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Tejaji and Parvati.
(b) Nandni and Vithoba.
(c) Kali and Dwapara.
(d) Kannaki and Chandra.
11. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Ayyappan.
(b) King Aranyaka.
(c) King Arundhati.
(d) King Aslesa.
12. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(d) The goldsmith.
13. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
14. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) Her father's kingdom.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The great mountains.
15. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
2. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
3. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
4. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
5. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)