|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
2. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Adi Kavi.
(b) Kavi Chidira.
(c) Chidira Locaka.
(d) Locaka Adi.
3. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
(a) The Ekaakii Idaaniimapi.
(b) The Ekaakii Astra.
(c) The Unmattacitta Aarii.
(d) The Brahma Astra.
4. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
6. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(b) A fire.
(c) A snake.
(d) A monkey.
7. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A swan.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pigeon.
8. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
9. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Ayyappan.
(b) King Aranyaka.
(c) King Aslesa.
(d) King Arundhati.
10. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
11. Rama is the incarnation of what god in Valmiki?
12. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
13. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A humped bull.
(b) A fish with no tail.
(c) A three armed monkey.
(d) A snake with two heads.
14. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
15. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
2. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
3. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. Ravana is first known by what name?
5. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)