|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
2. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
3. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) Another man.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A goddess.
4. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
5. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
6. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Makes him hallucinate.
(b) Changes his appearance.
(c) Makes him bleed.
(d) Kills him.
7. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Arundhati.
(b) King Aslesa.
(c) King Ayyappan.
(d) King Aranyaka.
8. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
9. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
10. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
11. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
12. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
13. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
14. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A fire.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A snake.
15. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
(a) A horse.
(b) A swan.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
2. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
3. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
5. Who gave Ravana his name?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)