|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
2. Rama is the incarnation of what god in Valmiki?
3. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
4. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
5. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
6. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
7. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
8. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(b) A large bird.
(c) A falling tree.
(d) A fire.
9. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
10. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
11. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
12. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
13. Where does Damayanti get dropped off by a caravan while seeking her husband Nala?
14. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
15. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
2. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
3. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
4. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
5. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)