|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
2. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A snake.
(b) A monkey.
(d) A fire.
3. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
4. To what goddess does Asvapati pray for a child?
(d) Tripura Sundari.
5. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
6. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
7. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
8. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
9. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
10. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
(a) Great wealth.
(b) Three wishes.
(c) Infinite knowledge.
11. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
12. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
13. Who gave Ravana his name?
14. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(b) The goldsmith.
15. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) He is told to leave and never come back.
(b) A hand is cut off.
(c) He is fined.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
2. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
3. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
4. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
5. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)