|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A three armed monkey.
(b) A snake with two heads.
(c) A fish with no tail.
(d) A humped bull.
2. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
3. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
4. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
5. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
6. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A snake.
(b) A fire.
(d) A monkey.
7. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Ayyappan.
(b) King Aslesa.
(c) King Arundhati.
(d) King Aranyaka.
8. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
9. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a hermitage.
(c) By the sea.
(d) The market.
10. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
11. To what goddess does Asvapati pray for a child?
(a) Tripura Sundari.
12. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
13. Who is the mother of the five Pandava brothers in Draupadi?
14. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
(a) The Kangyatse mountain.
(b) The Kalanag mountain.
(c) The Kailas mountain.
(d) The Kapilash mountain.
15. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) Her father's kingdom.
(b) The great mountains.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
2. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
3. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
4. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
5. What does the name Ravana translate to in English?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)