|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
2. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
3. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
4. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
5. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Kavi Chidira.
(b) Locaka Adi.
(c) Chidira Locaka.
(d) Adi Kavi.
6. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
(a) In the mountains.
(b) The market.
(c) In a hermitage.
(d) By the sea.
7. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
8. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
9. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
10. Rama is the incarnation of what god in Valmiki?
11. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
12. Who advises Ravana to undo the thing that is causing all the strife and give Rama's wife back?
13. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Aslesa.
(b) King Arundhati.
(c) King Ayyappan.
(d) King Aranyaka.
14. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
15. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
2. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
3. Who tells Savitri that she should not marry the man she desires because he can see the future?
4. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
5. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)