|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
2. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A monkey.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fire.
3. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) The great mountains.
(c) Her father's kingdom.
(d) The ocean.
4. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
5. What is the true identity of Siti in Valmiki?
6. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
7. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
8. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
(a) A swan.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A horse.
9. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
10. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Chidira Locaka.
(b) Adi Kavi.
(c) Locaka Adi.
(d) Kavi Chidira.
11. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
12. What is the name of the man Savriti wants to marry in the story with her name?
13. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Tejaji and Parvati.
(b) Kali and Dwapara.
(c) Kannaki and Chandra.
(d) Nandni and Vithoba.
14. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
15. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
Short Answer Questions
1. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
2. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
3. Who advises Ravana to undo the thing that is causing all the strife and give Rama's wife back?
4. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
5. Ravana is first known by what name?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)