|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
2. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
3. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
4. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
5. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
6. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
7. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
8. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
9. What does the name Ravana translate to in English?
10. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
11. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
12. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
13. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
14. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) Another man.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A goddess.
15. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Makes him hallucinate.
(b) Changes his appearance.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Makes him bleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
2. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
3. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
4. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
5. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)