|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
2. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
3. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
4. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
(a) The Kangyatse mountain.
(b) The Kailas mountain.
(c) The Kalanag mountain.
(d) The Kapilash mountain.
5. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
(a) The Brahma Astra.
(b) The Unmattacitta Aarii.
(c) The Ekaakii Idaaniimapi.
(d) The Ekaakii Astra.
6. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
7. Who is referred to as the lord of Death in Nala?
8. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
9. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Arundhati.
(b) King Ayyappan.
(c) King Aslesa.
(d) King Aranyaka.
10. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
11. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
12. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
13. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
(a) A swan.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pigeon.
14. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
15. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) Another man.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A goddess.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
2. The spot where Kovalan arose and joined his wife is today a temple known as _________.
3. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
4. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
5. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)