|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
2. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
3. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
5. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
(a) The market.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) By the sea.
(d) In a hermitage.
6. What does the name Ravana translate to in English?
7. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
8. Ravana is first known by what name?
9. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
10. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Kali and Dwapara.
(b) Nandni and Vithoba.
(c) Tejaji and Parvati.
(d) Kannaki and Chandra.
11. Who gave Ravana his name?
12. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
13. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A three armed monkey.
(b) A snake with two heads.
(c) A fish with no tail.
(d) A humped bull.
14. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
15. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
(a) Chidira Locaka.
(b) Locaka Adi.
(c) Kavi Chidira.
(d) Adi Kavi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
2. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
3. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
4. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
5. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)