|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Ravana translate to in English?
2. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
3. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
4. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His heart.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His head.
(d) His neck.
5. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
6. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) The ocean.
(b) The great mountains.
(d) Her father's kingdom.
7. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Tejaji and Parvati.
(b) Nandni and Vithoba.
(c) Kali and Dwapara.
(d) Kannaki and Chandra.
8. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
9. Savriti tells her father that she found the man she wishes to marry __________.
(a) By the sea.
(b) In a hermitage.
(c) The market.
(d) In the mountains.
10. Who is Angada's father in Ravana?
11. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) Another man.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A goddess.
12. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
13. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(b) A large bird.
(c) A fire.
(d) A falling tree.
14. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
15. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
2. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
3. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
4. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
5. Ravana is first known by what name?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)