|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
2. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(b) The goldsmith.
3. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
4. Who is referred to as the lord of Death in Nala?
5. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) He is told to leave and never come back.
(b) He is fined.
(c) A hand is cut off.
(d) He is killed.
6. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flying chariot.
(d) A blue cow.
7. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A large bird.
(c) A fire.
(d) A falling tree.
8. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
(a) The Kangyatse mountain.
(b) The Kapilash mountain.
(c) The Kalanag mountain.
(d) The Kailas mountain.
9. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
10. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
11. Who advises Ravana to undo the thing that is causing all the strife and give Rama's wife back?
12. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
13. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
14. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Kannaki and Chandra.
(b) Kali and Dwapara.
(c) Nandni and Vithoba.
(d) Tejaji and Parvati.
15. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Ravana his name?
2. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
3. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
5. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)