|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Valmiki and tells him the prophecy of a great man, born into the race of Ikshvahus?
2. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
3. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
4. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A goddess.
(d) Another man.
5. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
6. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
7. What beautiful young princess does a poet tell Nala about when visiting?
8. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
(a) Kusa and Lava.
(b) Nimish and Timirbaran.
(c) Wajidali and Pavanaj.
(d) Thenappan and Firdaus.
10. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
11. How many arms did Ravana have at birth?
12. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
13. Ravana is first known by what name?
14. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A sword.
(b) A blue cow.
(c) A flying chariot.
(d) A white horse.
15. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
(b) Great wealth.
(c) Three wishes.
(d) Infinite knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
3. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
4. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
5. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)