|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) A goddess.
(b) Another man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A prostitute.
2. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flying chariot.
(d) A blue cow.
3. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A hand is cut off.
(b) He is told to leave and never come back.
(c) He is fined.
(d) He is killed.
4. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
6. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
7. Who gave Ravana his name?
8. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
9. What messenger does Nala send to a beautiful princess in Nala?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A swan.
(d) A monkey.
10. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
11. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
12. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(b) A large bird.
(c) A falling tree.
(d) A fire.
13. Of what clan was the king who gave Ravana his third curse?
14. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
15. In what seacoast town does The Mispaired Anklet begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mother of the five Pandava brothers in Draupadi?
2. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
3. Who is Nala's brother that challenges Nala to a game of dice?
4. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)