|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
2. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
3. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
4. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
5. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
(a) Nimish and Timirbaran.
(b) Wajidali and Pavanaj.
(c) Kusa and Lava.
(d) Thenappan and Firdaus.
6. Nala leaves Damayanti within sight of _________.
(a) The ocean.
(b) Her father's kingdom.
(d) The great mountains.
7. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
8. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) Another man.
(b) A goddess.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A prostitute.
9. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A large bird.
(b) A falling tree.
(d) A fire.
10. Who actually stole the queen's anklet in The Mispaired Anklet?
(b) The goldsmith.
11. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Makes him bleed.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Changes his appearance.
(d) Makes him hallucinate.
12. Shiva's assistant curses Ravana and tells him that _______ will bring about his demise.
(a) A snake.
(b) A monkey.
(d) A fire.
13. Which of Rama's brothers does Viswamitra invite to accompany him to help protect sacrifices that are being meddled with by demons?
14. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
15. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
2. Who is Rama's wife in Ravana?
3. Who advises Ravana to undo the thing that is causing all the strife and give Rama's wife back?
4. With what sage does Rama decide to live with in the forest as an example to his people in Valmiki?
5. What happens to Kovalan after the goldsmith reports him for theft in The Mispaired Anklet?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)