|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left with nothing but his loincloth in the ending of Nala?
2. Who is Ravana's sister that enters his chamber claiming that Rama has attacked her?
3. What red-robed, red-eyed figure looming nearby with a noose in his hands does Savriti encounter in the woods?
4. Which of Rama's emissaries is the son of the god of wind and endowed with extreme strength in Ravana?
5. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
6. Who is referred to as the god of fire in Nala?
7. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A three armed monkey.
(b) A snake with two heads.
(c) A humped bull.
(d) A fish with no tail.
8. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
9. What was Kovalan's name in his previous life in The Mispaired Anklet?
10. Who is the mother of the five Pandava brothers in Draupadi?
11. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A falling tree.
(b) A large bird.
(d) A fire.
12. What mountain gets in Ravana's way when riding home after vanquishing his brother's lands?
(a) The Kailas mountain.
(b) The Kalanag mountain.
(c) The Kapilash mountain.
(d) The Kangyatse mountain.
13. What scholar, after completing his studies, is returning home when he is confronted by a robber in Valmiki?
14. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
(a) The Unmattacitta Aarii.
(b) The Ekaakii Idaaniimapi.
(c) The Ekaakii Astra.
(d) The Brahma Astra.
15. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dragged by his tail on fire through Ravana's city?
2. Who advises Ravana to undo the thing that is causing all the strife and give Rama's wife back?
3. Who orders Madhavi destroyed by fire in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. With whom does Kovalan have an affair with in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)