|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
(a) Makes him hallucinate.
(b) Makes him bleed.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Changes his appearance.
2. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
3. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A fire.
(b) A falling tree.
(d) A large bird.
4. What gods work with Nala's brother to convince him to play a game of dice?
(a) Nandni and Vithoba.
(b) Tejaji and Parvati.
(c) Kannaki and Chandra.
(d) Kali and Dwapara.
5. How many heads did Ravana have at birth?
6. To what two sons of Rama's does Valmiki pass along the Ramayana?
(a) Wajidali and Pavanaj.
(b) Kusa and Lava.
(c) Nimish and Timirbaran.
(d) Thenappan and Firdaus.
7. What assistant of Shiva's, who is deformed and dwarfish, orders Ravana to cease and desist from moving the mountain?
8. Who had Ravana attacked and tormented during one of his excursions and later gave Ravana his third curse?
(a) King Aslesa.
(b) King Aranyaka.
(c) King Ayyappan.
(d) King Arundhati.
9. What does Brahma grant to Ravana for his penance?
(b) Great wealth.
(c) Infinite knowledge.
(d) Three wishes.
10. In what kingdom is Nala befriended by the king?
11. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
12. Who throws herself into a fire to cleanse herself of Ravana's touch?
13. Valmiki composed how many stanzas of the Ramayana?
14. Where does Rama strike a deadly blow in Ravana?
(a) His heart.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His head.
(d) His neck.
15. The one commendable thing Ravana does in his life is marry whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Ravana's sons does he send to attack a giant monkey?
2. Who becomes king after Nala loses at a game of dice?
3. Who is Kovalan married to in The Mispaired Anklet?
4. Kannagi would have redemption in how many days, according to the gods in The Mispaired Anklet?
5. Who is referred to as the god of air, rain, and ocean in Nala?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)