|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
(a) Madhya Pradesh.
(b) Uttar Punjab.
(c) Uttar Pradesh.
(d) Uttar Pandava.
2. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Games and militia.
(b) Women and games.
(c) Money and women.
(d) Games and women.
3. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
(a) The Tasya Aagamana
(b) The Brahma Astra.
(c) The Tasya Vaartaa.
(d) The Adya Divaa.
5. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
6. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
(a) His father.
(b) His first born son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
7. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The forest.
(b) The Himalayas.
(c) The desert..
(d) The Indian Ocean.
8. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
9. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Pundit.
(b) The Pandit.
(c) The Pugilist.
(d) The Philanthropist.
10. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 1,500 years.
11. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Cater to her.
(b) Kill the king.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Fight off the king's soldiers.
12. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
13. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
14. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
(a) 1 or 2 weeks.
(b) 1 or 2 hours.
(c) 1 or 2 minutes.
(d) 1 or 2 days.
15. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
2. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
3. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
4. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
5. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)