|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
2. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
3. The woman in the woods refuses to help the king unless he does what in Lavana?
(a) Marries her.
(b) Shares a secret with her.
(c) Gives her money.
(d) Answers a question.
4. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
5. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
6. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His food.
(b) His spirit.
(c) Inside himself.
(d) His training.
7. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
(a) Her brain and her hands.
(b) Her eyes and her curves.
(c) Her eyes and her brain.
(d) Her curves and her eyes.
8. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Red robes.
(b) Gold necklaces.
(c) Green robes.
(d) Silver rings.
9. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
(a) Uttar Punjab.
(b) Uttar Pradesh.
(c) Madhya Pradesh.
(d) Uttar Pandava.
10. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Philanthropist.
(b) The Pugilist.
(c) The Pundit.
(d) The Pandit.
11. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Games and women.
(b) Games and militia.
(c) Women and games.
(d) Money and women.
12. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
13. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
14. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
15. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 1,500 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 5,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
2. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
3. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
4. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
5. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)