|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
2. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Cater to her.
(b) Fight off the king's soldiers.
(c) Kill the king.
(d) Marry her.
3. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
(a) Bring the dead back to life.
(b) Heal the sick.
(c) Ensure bountiful crops.
(d) Make it rain.
4. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
5. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
6. The woman in the woods refuses to help the king unless he does what in Lavana?
(a) Gives her money.
(b) Answers a question.
(c) Marries her.
(d) Shares a secret with her.
7. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
8. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
9. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
(a) A fire.
(b) A famine.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earthquake.
10. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
11. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The desert..
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The forest.
12. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A bat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A woman.
13. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
14. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His food.
(b) His spirit.
(c) Inside himself.
(d) His training.
15. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
2. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
3. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
4. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
5. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)