|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
2. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
(a) A fire.
(b) A famine.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earthquake.
3. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
(a) The Tasya Vaartaa.
(b) The Adya Divaa.
(c) The Tasya Aagamana
(d) The Brahma Astra.
4. Manmata is the god of ______________.
5. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
6. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
7. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The mountaintop.
(b) The riverside.
(c) The forest.
(d) The desert.
8. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
9. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
(a) Make it rain.
(b) Heal the sick.
(c) Bring the dead back to life.
(d) Ensure bountiful crops.
10. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
11. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
12. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
13. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Games and militia.
(b) Women and games.
(c) Games and women.
(d) Money and women.
14. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
15. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His training.
(b) His spirit.
(c) Inside himself.
(d) His food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
2. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
3. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
4. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
5. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)