|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
2. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
3. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
4. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
5. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
6. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
7. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
8. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The mountaintop.
(b) The desert.
(c) The forest.
(d) The riverside.
9. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
(a) The Adya Divaa.
(b) The Brahma Astra.
(c) The Tasya Aagamana
(d) The Tasya Vaartaa.
10. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His training.
(b) His food.
(c) Inside himself.
(d) His spirit.
11. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
(a) Uttar Pandava.
(b) Madhya Pradesh.
(c) Uttar Pradesh.
(d) Uttar Punjab.
12. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A bat.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A snake.
(d) A woman.
13. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
14. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
(b) The innocent.
15. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
(a) A famine.
(b) A flood.
(c) A fire.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
2. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
3. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
4. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
5. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)