|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A merchant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A woodcutter.
(d) A sailor.
2. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
3. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
(a) His hands.
(b) His mind.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His feet.
4. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
5. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
6. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
(a) His youngest 3 sons.
(b) His youngest 2 sons.
(c) His eldest 3 sons.
(d) His eldest 2 sons.
7. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
8. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
9. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
10. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Fight off the king's soldiers.
(b) Cater to her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill the king.
11. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
12. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
(a) A black horse.
(b) A gray horse.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A black dog.
13. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
14. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
15. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
2. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
3. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
4. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
5. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)