|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
2. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
3. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
4. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
5. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His training.
(b) His spirit.
(c) His food.
(d) Inside himself.
6. What does the goddess Devi wield in each arm?
(a) A different weapon.
(b) A different animal.
(c) A different fruit.
(d) A different religious text.
7. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
8. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
(a) A lion.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A buffalo.
9. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Silver rings.
(b) Green robes.
(c) Gold necklaces.
(d) Red robes.
10. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A snake.
(b) A woman.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bat.
11. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Pugilist.
(b) The Pundit.
(c) The Philanthropist.
(d) The Pandit.
12. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
(c) The innocent.
13. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His staff.
(b) His knife.
(c) His sword.
(d) His bow.
14. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
15. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
(a) A fire.
(b) A famine.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
2. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
3. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
4. The woman in the woods refuses to help the king unless he does what in Lavana?
5. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)