|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
2. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
3. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
4. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(a) In a trance.
5. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
6. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
7. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that he struggles because he has no ___________.
8. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
9. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
10. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
11. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Silver rings.
(b) Gold necklaces.
(c) Green robes.
(d) Red robes.
12. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The riverside.
(b) The desert.
(c) The forest.
(d) The mountaintop.
13. Manmata is the god of ______________.
14. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
15. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
2. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
3. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
4. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
5. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)