|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
2. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A throwing star.
(b) A sword.
(c) A discus.
(d) A lightning bolt.
3. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
4. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
(a) His queen.
(b) A slave.
(c) His mistress.
(d) An advisor.
5. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
6. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
7. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A doctor.
8. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
9. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
10. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Games and militia.
(b) Games and women.
(c) Women and games.
(d) Money and women.
11. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
(b) Love and fear.
(c) Love and hatred.
(d) Sensual pleasures.
12. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The riverside.
(b) The forest.
(c) The mountaintop.
(d) The desert.
13. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
14. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(c) In a trance.
15. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A gray horse.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A black dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
2. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
3. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
4. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
5. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)