|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Gold necklaces.
(b) Green robes.
(c) Red robes.
(d) Silver rings.
2. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
(b) Love and hatred.
(c) Sensual pleasures.
(d) Love and fear.
3. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Kill the king.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Cater to her.
(d) Fight off the king's soldiers.
4. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
5. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 10,000 years.
6. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
(a) His first born son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
8. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A discus.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A sword.
(d) A throwing star.
9. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
(a) 1 or 2 days.
(b) 1 or 2 weeks.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 1 or 2 minutes.
10. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
11. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
(b) To her mother.
(c) The forest.
(d) The netherworld.
12. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
13. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
14. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
(a) A black dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A gray horse.
15. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
2. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
3. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
4. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
5. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)