|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
2. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Cater to her.
(b) Fight off the king's soldiers.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill the king.
3. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
4. What sage invites the king and his men to come in and dine with him in Viswamitra?
5. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
6. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Pundit.
(b) The Pandit.
(c) The Philanthropist.
(d) The Pugilist.
7. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A sailor.
8. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
9. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
(a) Her eyes and her curves.
(b) Her eyes and her brain.
(c) Her curves and her eyes.
(d) Her brain and her hands.
10. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Himalayas.
(c) The forest.
(d) The desert..
11. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His knife.
(b) His sword.
(c) His staff.
(d) His bow.
12. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
13. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Games and militia.
(b) Games and women.
(c) Women and games.
(d) Money and women.
14. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
15. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the goddess Devi wear?
2. The woman in the woods refuses to help the king unless he does what in Lavana?
3. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
4. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
5. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)