|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that he struggles because he has no ___________.
2. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A lion.
(d) An elephant.
3. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
(a) His youngest 3 sons.
(b) His eldest 2 sons.
(c) His youngest 2 sons.
(d) His eldest 3 sons.
4. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10,000 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 100 years.
5. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
6. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
7. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
8. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
(a) The Adya Divaa.
(b) The Tasya Vaartaa.
(c) The Brahma Astra.
(d) The Tasya Aagamana
9. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
10. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
(a) Make it rain.
(b) Heal the sick.
(c) Ensure bountiful crops.
(d) Bring the dead back to life.
11. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
12. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Cater to her.
(b) Fight off the king's soldiers.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill the king.
13. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
14. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Games and militia.
(b) Games and women.
(c) Money and women.
(d) Women and games.
15. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
2. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
3. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
4. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
5. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)