|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 5,000 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,500 years.
2. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
3. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
4. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
(a) Her curves and her eyes.
(b) Her eyes and her curves.
(c) Her brain and her hands.
(d) Her eyes and her brain.
5. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
6. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A merchant.
7. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
(c) The innocent.
8. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
9. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
10. Manmata asks Brahma if he may test his strength by sending out his __________.
11. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
12. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
(a) 1 or 2 days.
(b) 1 or 2 minutes.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 1 or 2 weeks.
13. Manmata is the god of ______________.
14. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
15. What god is referred to as the destroyer in Devi?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
2. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
3. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
4. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
5. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)