|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
2. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
(a) 1 or 2 hours.
(b) 1 or 2 minutes.
(c) 1 or 2 weeks.
(d) 1 or 2 days.
3. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
4. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
(a) His mind.
(b) His feet.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
5. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
6. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
(a) Uttar Punjab.
(b) Uttar Pradesh.
(c) Madhya Pradesh.
(d) Uttar Pandava.
7. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
8. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
9. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A sailor.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A woodcutter.
10. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
11. What does the goddess Devi wield in each arm?
(a) A different weapon.
(b) A different religious text.
(c) A different fruit.
(d) A different animal.
12. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
13. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
14. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
15. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Pundit.
(b) The Philanthropist.
(c) The Pugilist.
(d) The Pandit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
2. Manmata is the god of ______________.
3. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
4. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
5. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)