|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
(a) A gray horse.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A black dog.
2. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
3. The woman in the woods refuses to help the king unless he does what in Lavana?
(a) Gives her money.
(b) Shares a secret with her.
(c) Answers a question.
(d) Marries her.
4. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10,000 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
5. Manmata is the god of ______________.
6. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
7. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
8. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His bow.
(b) His knife.
(c) His staff.
(d) His sword.
9. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
10. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
(a) His queen.
(b) A slave.
(c) An advisor.
(d) His mistress.
11. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
12. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
(a) Heal the sick.
(b) Ensure bountiful crops.
(c) Make it rain.
(d) Bring the dead back to life.
13. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
14. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
(a) His feet.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His mind.
15. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
2. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
3. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
4. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
5. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that he struggles because he has no ___________.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)