|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
2. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
3. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
4. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
5. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
6. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
7. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
8. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
9. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
(b) To her mother.
(c) The forest.
(d) The netherworld.
10. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
11. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
(a) 1 or 2 minutes.
(b) 1 or 2 days.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 1 or 2 weeks.
12. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
(a) His youngest 2 sons.
(b) His youngest 3 sons.
(c) His eldest 3 sons.
(d) His eldest 2 sons.
13. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
14. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The desert..
(b) The Himalayas.
(c) The forest.
(d) The Indian Ocean.
15. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
2. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
3. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
4. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
5. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)