|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Pandit.
(b) The Philanthropist.
(c) The Pugilist.
(d) The Pundit.
2. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
3. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
4. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
5. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
6. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Red robes.
(b) Gold necklaces.
(c) Silver rings.
(d) Green robes.
7. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
8. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Women and games.
(b) Games and women.
(c) Money and women.
(d) Games and militia.
9. Manmata is the god of ______________.
10. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
(a) To her mother.
(c) The forest.
(d) The netherworld.
11. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
(a) Make it rain.
(b) Bring the dead back to life.
(c) Heal the sick.
(d) Ensure bountiful crops.
12. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
(a) His mind.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hands.
13. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(a) In a trance.
14. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
15. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
2. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
3. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
4. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
5. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)