|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His food.
(c) Inside himself.
(d) His training.
2. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
3. What god is referred to as the protector in Devi?
4. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
(a) The netherworld.
(b) The forest.
(c) To her mother.
5. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
6. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
7. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Sensual pleasures.
(b) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
(c) Love and hatred.
(d) Love and fear.
8. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
9. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The desert..
(b) The Himalayas.
(c) The Indian Ocean.
(d) The forest.
10. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
11. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
(a) A lion.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) An elephant.
12. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 10,000 years.
13. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
14. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
15. How many arms does the goddess Devi have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
2. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
3. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
4. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
5. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)