|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The desert..
(c) The forest.
(d) The Himalayas.
2. What great sage is master of the Sanjivini mantra in Yayati?
3. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
4. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A throwing star.
(b) A discus.
(c) A sword.
(d) A lightning bolt.
5. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
6. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
7. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(c) In a trance.
8. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
(a) His queen.
(b) An advisor.
(c) His mistress.
(d) A slave.
9. What word refers to anger in Sanskrit?
10. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Women and games.
(b) Games and militia.
(c) Games and women.
(d) Money and women.
11. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
12. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
13. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
14. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
15. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
2. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
3. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
4. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
5. How long does Chedi go to sit in seclusion and meditation before emerging to battle the sage in Viswamitra?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)