|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sikhi-Dhvaja go to meditate in Chudala?
(a) The forest.
(b) The desert.
(c) The riverside.
(d) The mountaintop.
2. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
3. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Love and hatred.
(b) Sensual pleasures.
(c) Love and fear.
(d) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
4. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
5. The magician in Lavana claims to use nothing but _______ for his magic.
(a) His eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His mind.
(d) His feet.
6. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A woman.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bat.
7. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A gray horse.
(c) A black dog.
(d) A black horse.
8. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
9. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The Himalayas.
(b) The desert..
(c) The Indian Ocean.
(d) The forest.
10. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
11. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
12. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
13. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 1,500 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 500 years.
14. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
15. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
2. ___________ fills the tree in which Lavana lands.
3. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
4. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
5. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)