|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
2. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
3. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
4. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
5. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A sword.
(b) A discus.
(c) A throwing star.
(d) A lightning bolt.
6. What is the name of the young male aspic Chudala disguises herself as to appear to her husband?
7. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
8. Manmata is the god of ______________.
9. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
10. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
11. What female does Brahma create to enrich the universe in Manmata?
12. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
13. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
14. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
15. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
(a) Her eyes and her brain.
(b) Her eyes and her curves.
(c) Her curves and her eyes.
(d) Her brain and her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means buffalo in Sanskrit?
2. Manmata asks Brahma if he may test his strength by sending out his __________.
3. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
4. The goddess Devi sends word that she wants Mahisha to either come and face her, or return where?
5. What is the Storyteller also known as?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)