|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Viswamitra decides to create his own heaven and universe, and makes it upside-down so __________ will feel right-side up.
2. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that he struggles because he has no ___________.
3. Who is referred to as the Ultimate God in Viswamitra?
4. What does the goddess Devi ride upon?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A lion.
(d) A giraffe.
5. Who rules the country in Sikhi-Dhvaja's absence?
6. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His first born son.
(d) His mother.
7. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
8. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His bow.
(b) His knife.
(c) His staff.
(d) His sword.
9. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
10. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
11. In Viswamitra, Sabala does not want to leave her sage and asks that she be allowed to create men to ________.
(a) Kill the king.
(b) Cater to her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Fight off the king's soldiers.
12. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
13. What are the anti-gods known as in Yayati?
14. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(d) In a trance.
15. Lavana insists that ____________ leave to go make their own way.
(a) His eldest 3 sons.
(b) His eldest 2 sons.
(c) His youngest 3 sons.
(d) His youngest 2 sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
2. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
3. What ancient kingdom does Lavana rule?
4. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
5. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)