Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deity is referred to as the creator god in the stories?
2. Who appears to Sikhi-Dhvaia and tells him that since he has achieved such spiritual enlightenment, there is no reason why he should not join in his world of unending pleasure and delight?
3. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
(b) Love and fear.
(c) Sensual pleasures.
(d) Love and hatred.
4. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
(a) The desert..
(b) The forest.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Indian Ocean.
5. Manmata asks Brahma if he may test his strength by sending out his __________.
6. When the king awakens in Lavana, how long has he been asleep?
(a) 1 or 2 weeks.
(b) 1 or 2 minutes.
(c) 1 or 2 days.
(d) 1 or 2 hours.
7. What demon asks the creator that he may continue to live unless a woman appears who is capable of killing him in a fight in Devi?
8. In Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja is a young prince who is interested in nothing but ______________.
(a) Money and women.
(b) Games and women.
(c) Women and games.
(d) Games and militia.
9. How old is Sikhi-Dhvaja when he goes out to conquer lands in the name of his father in Chudala?
10. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
11. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His first born son.
12. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His bow.
(b) His sword.
(c) His knife.
(d) His staff.
13. After battling Vasishta and losing, how long did Chedi go back to meditate in seclusion in Viswamitra?
(a) 5,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 1,500 years.
14. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
(a) A merchant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A woodcutter.
15. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A discus.
(b) A lightning bolt.
(c) A throwing star.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the goddess Devi wield in each arm?
2. At the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja and Chudala return to their kingdom to rule in peace and happiness for how many years?
3. What does Chedi tell the Ultimate God he wants to wield in Viswamitra?
4. What is the Storyteller also known as?
5. What ruler of the gods does Mahisha taunt endlessly in Devi?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)