|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Four; Nala, Savitri, The Mispaired Anklet, Shakuntala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
2. Chudala, disguised as a young male aspic, tells Sikhi-Dhvaja that renouncing one's external possessions is not enough. He must also cultivate a detachment that will render him unaffected by __________.
(a) Love and hatred.
(b) Good and evil, pain, pleasure, loss, and gain.
(c) Love and fear.
(d) Sensual pleasures.
3. Who is Shakuntala's mother?
4. What does the goddess Devi wear?
(a) Red robes.
(b) Silver rings.
(c) Green robes.
(d) Gold necklaces.
5. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
(a) Her eyes and her curves.
(b) Her brain and her hands.
(c) Her eyes and her brain.
(d) Her curves and her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
2. What form does Mahisha take to meet the goddess Devi?
3. What is the woman in the woods carrying to her father in Lavana?
4. In the end of Chudala, Sikhi-Dhvaja claims that man's greatest guru is what?
5. Manmata is the god of ______________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)