|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Four; Nala, Savitri, The Mispaired Anklet, Shakuntala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Ravana his name?
2. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
3. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(a) A fire.
(c) A falling tree.
(d) A large bird.
4. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A snake.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bat.
(d) A woman.
5. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sukracharya's daughter in Yayati?
2. Whose ambition it is to enter heaven in his earthly form in Viswamitra?
3. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
4. The name Shakuntala means "one who was brought up in the forest by" what creature?
5. What word refers to pleasure and enjoyment in Sanskrit?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)