|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two; Devi, Viswamitra, Manmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every demon, according to the storyteller, seeks what in Devi?
(b) The innocent.
2. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
3. What does Lavana find himself alone with, which he cannot chase or tame in Lavana?
(a) A gray horse.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A black dog.
(d) A black horse.
4. What weapon of Vasishta's repels all attacks in Viswamitra?
(a) His bow.
(b) His staff.
(c) His knife.
(d) His sword.
5. Whom do the gods decide to sent into the realm of the demon king Vrishaparva, to study as Sukracharya's pupil in Yayati?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Devi, Mahisha claims that no woman has weapons other than ______________.
2. Vasishta explains to the king that his strength comes from where in Viswamitra?
3. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
4. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
5. Where does Viswamitra seek solitude, renounce all speech, and rid himself of anger?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)