|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two; Devi, Viswamitra, Manmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A bat.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A snake.
(d) A woman.
2. The Sanjivini mantra is an incantation that can _____________.
(a) Ensure bountiful crops.
(b) Heal the sick.
(c) Bring the dead back to life.
(d) Make it rain.
3. Who is the presiding god of wisdom and acumen in Yayati?
4. What half-human, half-cow does Vasishta reveal in Viswamitra?
5. What Sanskrit word refers to a "seer" to whom the Vedas were "originally revealed" through states of higher consciousness?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men accompany the king when he meets a sage in Viswamitra?
2. Who do the asuras cut into bits and feed to wolves and dogs in Yayati?
3. In the magical kingdom in Lavana, the king's father-in-law is _______________.
4. How many sons is the king borne by his wife in the magical land in Lavana?
5. The storyteller in Devi concludes by saying that whoever recites this prayer of thanksgiving on _________ will find protection from evil.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)