|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Five; Harischandra, Sibi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did R. K. Narayan die?
2. What does Nala save a serpent from in Nala?
(b) A falling tree.
(c) A large bird.
(d) A fire.
3. When she returns to the forest to check on her husband's progress, Chudala finds Sikhi-Dhvaja emaciated and ___________.
(b) In a trance.
4. Kumbha claims that the curse put on him makes him turn into ___________ every night.
(a) A snake.
(b) A woman.
(c) A bat.
(d) A wolf.
5. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) Another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Harischandra given to pay the fee to the old man in the forest?
2. During his childhood, R. K. Narayan's best friends and pets were a monkey and __________.
3. Asvapati is the ruler of what kingdom in the story Savitri?
4. Who rises into the sky and breaks the tower of Ravana's palace?
5. In Viswamitra, the mightiest of the kingly race is a king named __________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)