|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Three; Ravana, Valmiki, Draupadi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step-brother of Ravana's is a man of great respectability because of his tapas?
2. With what does Devi sever Mahisha's head in Devi?
(a) A sword.
(b) A discus.
(c) A throwing star.
(d) A lightning bolt.
3. What is the Storyteller also known as?
(a) The Philanthropist.
(b) The Pugilist.
(c) The Pundit.
(d) The Pandit.
4. In Chudala, what beautiful woman appears and asks Sikhi-Dhvaja to take her as his wife?
5. Because his brother had attempted to advise him, Ravana decides to march upon his land, vanquish him, and steal which of his possessions?
(a) A blue cow.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A flying chariot.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beautiful young princess does Sikhi-Dhvaja's father arrange for him to marry?
2. What forces Lavana's family to move from their home in the magical world in Lavana?
3. In his Sankha's first incarnation in the story Valmiki, the thief is a scholarly man who falls in love with what kind of person?
4. What sage does Kumbha claim put a curse on him in Chudala?
5. What in Sanskrit refers to the foremost poet or fountainhead of poetry?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)