|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Four; Nala, Savitri, The Mispaired Anklet, Shakuntala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as chief of the minor gods in Nala?
2. Mahisha intends to make the goddess Devi __________.
(a) A slave.
(b) His mistress.
(c) An advisor.
(d) His queen.
3. What bad omen did Kovalan fail to see in front of him at the marketplace in The Mispaired Anklet?
(a) A fish with no tail.
(b) A humped bull.
(c) A snake with two heads.
(d) A three armed monkey.
4. Nala is the ruler of what kingdom?
5. Whom does Brahma offer to Manmata for marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the serpent's venom do to Nala?
2. To what town do Kovalan and his wife move once he has lost everything?
3. Who gave Ravana his name?
4. What weapon does Ravana give his son with which to attack a giant monkey?
5. What in ancient India was a practice of choosing a life partner from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)