* Lavana: To illustrate the nature of time, the Pandit tells the story of Lavana, who is the ruler of an ancient kingdom called Uttar Pandava.
* One day a stranger arrives in Lavan's kingdom, boasting that he is a magician who can perform feats the king has never before seen.
* The king looks into the magician's eyes and finds himself alone in a field with a wild black horse whom he cannot catch or tame.
* The king begins walking and continues for many days and nights until a young woman comes along, who is carrying food to her father chopping wood in the forest.
* The king begs her to take pity on him, to save him and feed him, and she refuses to do so unless he marries her.
* The king agrees to marry the woman, and the woman bears four sons.
* A great...
This section contains 3,027 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)