|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does the march to Dakar become complicated?
2. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
3. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
4. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
5. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
Essay Topic 1
After reading this novel, what do you think the author believes makes a hero? Consider the different leaders in this novel, the women as well as the workers themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the characterizations of the French. How do these help to develop the French characters? Are there bias involved? What is the impact of these?
Essay Topic 3
What message does the author convey about tradition vs. progress in "God's Bits of Wood"?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)