Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
2. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
3. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
4. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
5. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
Essay Topic 1
There are several scenes of violence in this novel. What is the purpose of this violence and the way it is described?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Bakayoko as a character. What is his role in this novel? How does Bakayoko affect other characters, the plot and major themes?
Essay Topic 3
What role do speeches play in the novel? Consider the languages that are used, the audiences present and the actual outcomes.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)