|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
2. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
3. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
4. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
5. How is Keita cut in "Chapter 18"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
2. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
3. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
4. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
5. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
6. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
7. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
8. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
9. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
10. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author foreshadow the final negotiation between the union and the management in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the characterizations of the French. How do these help to develop the French characters? Are there bias involved? What is the impact of these?
Essay Topic 3
What commentary does the author offer on social status in "God's Bits of Wood"? Consider the class divides among the Africans, the French and between the two groups.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)