|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
2. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
3. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
4. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
5. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of women in the society of this novel. Consider their traditional roles to the ones that develop because of the strike.
Essay Topic 2
What message does the author convey about tradition vs. progress in "God's Bits of Wood"?
Essay Topic 3
What role do speeches play in the novel? Consider the languages that are used, the audiences present and the actual outcomes.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)