|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
2. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
3. Why does Bakayoko encourage a general strike in "Chapter 17"?
4. Who leads the women's march to Dakar?
5. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
2. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
3. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
4. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
5. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
6. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
7. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
8. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
9. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
10. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author offer on social status in "God's Bits of Wood"? Consider the class divides among the Africans, the French and between the two groups.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two female characters in "God's Bits of Wood".
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between the individual and the community as it is developed in "God's Bits of Wood".
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)