|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Dakar have a difficult time understanding the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
2. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
3. Why do Bakayoko and Lahbib step outside in "Chapter 16"?
4. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
5. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author foreshadow the final negotiation between the union and the management in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Research the period of history described in this novel. How is this novel accurate? How is it inaccurate? What is the effect of this?
Essay Topic 3
There are several scenes of violence in this novel. What is the purpose of this violence and the way it is described?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)