Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
2. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
3. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
4. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
5. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
There are several scenes of violence in this novel. What is the purpose of this violence and the way it is described?
Research the period of history described in this novel. How is this novel accurate? How is it inaccurate? What is the effect of this?
Analyze the theme of oppression in this novel. Consider the groups of people and individuals who are oppressed. What message does the author convey about oppression?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)