|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
2. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
3. How do the apprentices test their sling shots?
4. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
5. What does Maimouna do at the end of "Epilogue"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
2. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
3. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
4. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
5. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
6. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
7. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
8. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
9. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
10. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two female characters in "God's Bits of Wood".
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of oppression in this novel. Consider the groups of people and individuals who are oppressed. What message does the author convey about oppression?
Essay Topic 3
What role do speeches play in the novel? Consider the languages that are used, the audiences present and the actual outcomes.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)