|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
2. How many siblings does Strike have?
3. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
4. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
5. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
2. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
3. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
4. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
5. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
6. How does Penda feel about men?
7. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
8. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
9. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
10. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of religion in this novel? Specifically focus on Christianity and Islam.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the characterizations of the French. How do these help to develop the French characters? Are there bias involved? What is the impact of these?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between the individual and the community as it is developed in "God's Bits of Wood".
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)