|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
2. At the end of "Chapter 7", what does the narrator say has failed?
3. What happens to Niakoro after she is beaten in "Chapter 7"?
4. Why does Sounkare visit friends in "Chapter 10"?
5. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
2. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
3. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
4. What makes Maimouna stand out in the marketplace?
5. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
6. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
7. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
8. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
9. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
10. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author define culture in this novel? How does culture sway in "God's Bits of Wood"?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the impact of colonization in this novel. What is the author's message about colonization?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of oppression in this novel. Consider the groups of people and individuals who are oppressed. What message does the author convey about oppression?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)