|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
2. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
3. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
4. In "Chapter 1", how do the train workers decide to strike?
5. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti feel about the confrontations with police?
2. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
3. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
4. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
5. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
6. During Diara's trial, what things occur that make the crowd angry?
7. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
8. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
9. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
10. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two female characters in "God's Bits of Wood".
Essay Topic 2
Explore the relationship between the individual and the community as it is developed in "God's Bits of Wood".
Essay Topic 3
What commentary does the author offer on social status in "God's Bits of Wood"? Consider the class divides among the Africans, the French and between the two groups.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)