Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
2. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
4. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
5. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
2. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
3. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
4. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
5. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
6. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
7. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
8. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
9. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
10. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
Analyze the impact of colonization in this novel. What is the author's message about colonization?
Analyze the characterizations of the French. How do these help to develop the French characters? Are there bias involved? What is the impact of these?
Analyze Bakayoko as a character. What is his role in this novel? How does Bakayoko affect other characters, the plot and major themes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)