|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
2. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
3. After the fire, who does N'Deye Touti think of?
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel about the women confronting the police?
5. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
2. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
3. Why does Keita get in trouble at Diara's trial?
4. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
5. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
6. How does Penda feel about men?
7. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
8. In "Chapter 4", what do Daouda-Beaugosse, Deune, and Arona discuss before meeting with other union members?
9. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
10. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti feel about the confrontations with police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the characterizations of the French. How do these help to develop the French characters? Are there bias involved? What is the impact of these?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the relationship between the individual and the community as it is developed in "God's Bits of Wood".
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of women in the society of this novel. Consider their traditional roles to the ones that develop because of the strike.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)