|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
2. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
3. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
4. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
5. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
2. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
3. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
4. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
5. What does Sounkare do before visiting the garage in "Chapter 10"?
6. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko think is an appropriate punishment for union workers who return to work during the strike?
7. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
8. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
9. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
10. How do the workers feel the morning of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of religion in this novel? Specifically focus on Christianity and Islam.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of symbolism in this novel. Focus on the storm, death, animals or the bits of wood.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author define culture in this novel? How does culture sway in "God's Bits of Wood"?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)