|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
(a) Like a joke.
(b) Like a vacation.
(c) Like an adventure.
(d) Like a problem.
2. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
3. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
4. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
(a) That they are not anti-French.
(b) That they respectful of the French.
(c) That they don't care about the French either way.
(d) That they are anti-French.
5. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A brother.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
2. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
3. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
4. What does Maimouna do at the end of "Epilogue"?
5. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
2. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
3. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
4. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
5. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
6. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
7. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
8. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
9. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
10. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)