|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Keita stay with in prison in "Chapter 18"?
(c) Violent criminals.
2. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(a) The union leader.
(c) His mother.
3. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
4. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
(a) Because of what management did to him.
(b) Because he didn't get a promotion.
(c) Because of a women.
(d) Because he disliked the strike.
5. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) All the women.
(b) Getting to fight.
(c) Helping Penda.
(d) Getting away from Thies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
2. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
3. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
4. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
5. Why does Bakayoko encourage a general strike in "Chapter 17"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
2. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
3. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
4. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
5. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
6. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
7. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
8. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
9. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
10. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)