|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Epilogue", what do the strikers do when they first return to work?
(a) They try to get their wives jobs, too.
(b) They work harder than usual.
(c) They refuse to work.
(d) They have celebrations at the end of the day.
2. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
(a) Because he has to go to Sudan.
(b) Because he wants to spend time alone.
(c) Because he dislikes Doudou.
(d) Because he will be with N'Deye Touti.
3. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
(a) That they are powerful.
(b) That they should run away.
(c) That they need a better education.
(d) That they should yell.
4. In Dakar, how are the marchers greeted by the residents?
(a) With a celebration.
(b) They aren't greeted.
(c) With fear.
(d) With gunfire.
5. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To form a newspaper.
(b) To honor Bakayoko.
(c) To discuss Isnard.
(d) To start a new union.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
2. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
3. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
4. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
5. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)