|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A friend.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pig.
(d) A brother.
2. In "Epilogue", what do the strikers do when they first return to work?
(a) They have celebrations at the end of the day.
(b) They try to get their wives jobs, too.
(c) They refuse to work.
(d) They work harder than usual.
3. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell Pierre he will do to Bakayoko?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Challenge him.
(c) Humiliate him.
(d) Fire him.
4. How do the apprentices make their sling shots?
(a) With train parts.
(b) With bands off of cars.
(c) With old rubber scraps.
(d) With bike tire tubes.
5. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
(a) The market.
(b) N'Deye Touti's house.
(c) The shore.
(d) The union offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
2. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
3. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
4. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
5. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
2. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
3. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
4. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
5. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
6. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
7. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
8. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
9. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
10. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)