|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Edouard play in the strike?
(a) He is a union negotiator.
(b) He is a management representative.
(c) He is an African politician.
(d) He is a French dignitary.
2. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
(a) Because he was overlooked for a raise.
(b) Because he wants to be honored.
(c) Because he knows about his wife's affair.
(d) Because he doesn't want to lose his job.
3. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They cook a large meal.
(b) They stay inside their homes.
(c) They gather in the streets.
(d) They start a bonfire.
4. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) Helping Penda.
(b) All the women.
(c) Getting away from Thies.
(d) Getting to fight.
5. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he is in the wrong meeting.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because he is late for another meeting.
(d) Because he is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bakayoko arrives in Dakar, how does he feel about the strike?
2. What does Maimouna do at the end of "Epilogue"?
3. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
4. How does the narrator describe Pierrot when he first appears in "Chapter 14"?
5. Where do the women decide to march to in "Epilogue"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
2. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
3. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
4. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
5. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
6. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
7. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
8. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
9. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
10. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)