|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They stay inside their homes.
(b) They gather in the streets.
(c) They start a bonfire.
(d) They cook a large meal.
2. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
(a) They want Isnard promoted.
(b) They want Isnard removed.
(c) They want a raise.
(d) They want a safer working environment.
3. How does the narrator describe Pierrot when he first appears in "Chapter 14"?
4. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
5. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
(a) That they should run away.
(b) That they are powerful.
(c) That they should yell.
(d) That they need a better education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
2. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
3. Who leads the women's march to Dakar?
4. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
5. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
2. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
3. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
4. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
5. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
6. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
7. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
8. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
9. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
10. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)