|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They are surprised.
2. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
(a) As a game.
(b) As children.
(c) As workers.
(d) As a waste.
3. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is angry.
4. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) Getting away from Thies.
(b) All the women.
(c) Helping Penda.
(d) Getting to fight.
5. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
(a) Like a problem.
(b) Like a vacation.
(c) Like an adventure.
(d) Like a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
2. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
3. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
4. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
5. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
2. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
3. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
4. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
5. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
6. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
7. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
8. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
9. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
10. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)