|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Pierrot when he first appears in "Chapter 14"?
2. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To honor Bakayoko.
(b) To start a new union.
(c) To form a newspaper.
(d) To discuss Isnard.
3. What does N'Deye Touti do to show her support for the compound after Bakayoko leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) She finds a military to protect them.
(b) She builts a new hut by herself.
(c) She burns her notebooks.
(d) She barters at the market.
4. Why do Bakayoko and Lahbib step outside in "Chapter 16"?
(a) To talk about the negotiations.
(b) To find new jobs.
(c) To help the group of women.
(d) To get some fresh air.
5. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they are spoiled.
(b) Because they are inferior.
(c) Because they practice polygamy.
(d) Because they are uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
2. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
3. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
4. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
5. What is the first thing the apprentices steal using their sling shots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
2. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
3. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
4. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
5. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
6. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
7. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
8. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
9. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
10. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)