|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
(b) She thinks its an honorable title.
(c) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(d) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
2. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He jumps into the crowd.
(c) He cries.
(d) He shakes hands with management.
3. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
(a) Because of a women.
(b) Because he disliked the strike.
(c) Because of what management did to him.
(d) Because he didn't get a promotion.
4. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
5. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
2. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
3. How do the apprentices make their sling shots?
4. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
5. Where do the women decide to march to in "Epilogue"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
2. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
3. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
4. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
5. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
6. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
7. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
8. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
9. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
10. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)