|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To form a newspaper.
(b) To start a new union.
(c) To discuss Isnard.
(d) To honor Bakayoko.
2. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They are surprised.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are angry.
3. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
(a) That they are powerful.
(b) That they need a better education.
(c) That they should run away.
(d) That they should yell.
4. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Watching an eagle hunt.
(b) A letter from Penda before her death.
(c) Talking with N'Deye Touti.
(d) Losing his tobacco in the wind.
5. How do the apprentices make their sling shots?
(a) With train parts.
(b) With bike tire tubes.
(c) With bands off of cars.
(d) With old rubber scraps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
2. Why does Bakayoko encourage a general strike in "Chapter 17"?
3. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
4. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
5. In "Chapter 15", how is the night described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
2. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
3. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
4. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
5. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
6. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
7. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
8. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
9. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
10. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)