|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
(a) Maintain their new power.
(b) Question the government.
(c) Open up shops in the market.
(d) Begin going to school.
2. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(b) His mother.
(c) The union leader.
3. In "Chapter 15", how is the night described?
4. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
(a) They throw rocks.
(b) They fall silent.
(c) They begin to chant.
(d) They sing softly.
5. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
(a) He sends Bakayoko on a walk.
(b) He gives Bakayoko a drink.
(c) He holds Bakayoko's hand.
(d) He promises a proper burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
2. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
3. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
4. Who does Keita stay with in prison in "Chapter 18"?
5. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)