|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
(a) They cry.
(b) They celebrate.
(c) They begin a fight.
(d) They ignore him.
2. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will get a new job.
(b) When he will propose to her.
(c) When he will return to Dakar.
(d) Where his family lives.
3. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
4. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(b) His mother.
(d) The union leader.
5. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He jumps into the crowd.
(b) He cries.
(c) He shakes hands with management.
(d) He apologizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the apprentices test their sling shots?
2. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
3. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
4. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
5. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
2. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
3. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
4. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
5. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
6. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
7. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
8. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
9. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
10. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)