|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
(a) They think it's just a joke.
(b) They think he's very kind.
(c) They think it's foolish.
(d) They think he's brave.
2. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
3. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
(a) He tells her she is wrong.
(b) He tells her to put the plan in writing.
(c) He takes her to the union offices.
(d) He has her meet with management.
4. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They stay inside their homes.
(b) They start a bonfire.
(c) They gather in the streets.
(d) They cook a large meal.
5. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the apprentices shot?
2. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
3. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
4. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
5. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
2. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
3. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
4. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
5. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
6. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
7. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
8. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
9. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
10. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)