|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
2. In "Chapter 15", how is the night described?
3. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
(a) Because Pierre dresses like they do.
(b) He doesn't think Pierre has sided with the Africans.
(c) Because Pierre wants him to resign.
(d) Because Pierre speaks their language.
4. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
(a) They sing softly.
(b) They begin to chant.
(c) They fall silent.
(d) They throw rocks.
5. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they are inferior.
(b) Because they are spoiled.
(c) Because they practice polygamy.
(d) Because they are uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bakayoko arrives in Dakar, how does he feel about the strike?
2. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
3. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
4. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
5. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
2. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
3. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
4. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
5. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
6. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
7. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
8. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
9. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
10. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)