|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they are inferior.
(b) Because they practice polygamy.
(c) Because they are uneducated.
(d) Because they are spoiled.
2. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
(a) He tells her she is wrong.
(b) He tells her to put the plan in writing.
(c) He has her meet with management.
(d) He takes her to the union offices.
3. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
(a) Visit with the women.
(b) Meet with management by himself.
(c) Take another vacation.
(d) Meet with management in a group.
4. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
(a) He doesn't think Pierre has sided with the Africans.
(b) Because Pierre wants him to resign.
(c) Because Pierre speaks their language.
(d) Because Pierre dresses like they do.
5. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
(a) To discuss her love life.
(b) To get her on their side.
(c) To tease her in public.
(d) To get information about Bakayoko.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the "swan song" of N'Deye Touti's youth?
2. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
3. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
4. How does the narrator describe Pierrot when he first appears in "Chapter 14"?
5. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
2. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
3. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
4. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
5. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
6. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
7. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
8. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
9. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
10. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)