|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bakayoko encourage a general strike in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Because the crowd believes in it.
(b) Because N'Daye Touti wanted him to.
(c) Because he thinks it will work.
(d) Because he wasn't sure what else to say.
2. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
(a) To get information about Bakayoko.
(b) To discuss her love life.
(c) To tease her in public.
(d) To get her on their side.
3. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) Helping Penda.
(b) Getting to fight.
(c) All the women.
(d) Getting away from Thies.
4. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
(a) Because it is a holiday.
(b) Because he is in legal trouble.
(c) Because he has a dinner party.
(d) Because he wants to invest with them.
5. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(b) The union leader.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
2. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
3. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
4. When Bakayoko arrives in Dakar, how does he feel about the strike?
5. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
2. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
3. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
4. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
5. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
6. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
7. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
8. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
9. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
10. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)