|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To honor Bakayoko.
(b) To discuss Isnard.
(c) To start a new union.
(d) To form a newspaper.
2. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
(a) Take control of the trains.
(b) Control the strikers.
(c) Give the strikers money.
(d) Avoid working with management.
3. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She thinks its an honorable title.
(b) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(c) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(d) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
5. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
(a) They want a safer working environment.
(b) They want Isnard removed.
(c) They want a raise.
(d) They want Isnard promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
2. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
3. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
4. What does N'Deye Touti do to show her support for the compound after Bakayoko leaves in "Chapter 17"?
5. What is the first thing the apprentices steal using their sling shots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the general strike in "Chapter 17" affect the union?
2. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
3. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
4. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
5. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
6. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
7. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
8. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
9. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
10. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)