|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
2. What role does Edouard play in the strike?
(a) He is a French dignitary.
(b) He is an African politician.
(c) He is a union negotiator.
(d) He is a management representative.
3. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She thinks its an honorable title.
(b) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(c) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
(d) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
4. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To discuss Isnard.
(b) To start a new union.
(c) To honor Bakayoko.
(d) To form a newspaper.
5. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
(a) Like a vacation.
(b) Like a problem.
(c) Like a joke.
(d) Like an adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
2. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
3. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
4. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
5. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
2. What happens when Bakayoko visits the union offices in "Chapter 15"?
3. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
4. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
5. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
6. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
7. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
8. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
9. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
10. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)