|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Edouard play in the strike?
(a) He is a management representative.
(b) He is a union negotiator.
(c) He is an African politician.
(d) He is a French dignitary.
2. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
3. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will get a new job.
(b) When he will propose to her.
(c) Where his family lives.
(d) When he will return to Dakar.
4. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
(a) Lying about her age.
(b) Supporting polygamy.
(c) Being a prostitute.
(d) Having sympathy for the French.
5. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he is late for another meeting.
(b) Because he is in the wrong meeting.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) Because he is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
2. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
3. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
4. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
5. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)