|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
(a) He wants to try to negotiate with management again.
(b) He is too tired to walk.
(c) He learns about his family's crisis.
(d) He doesn't believe in the women marching.
2. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) Helping Penda.
(b) All the women.
(c) Getting away from Thies.
(d) Getting to fight.
3. Why does Keita face east during his exercise break in "Chapter 18"?
(a) To watch the sun rise.
(b) He faces west.
(c) To pray.
(d) To try to see out a crack in the wall.
4. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
(a) Because he wants to spend time alone.
(b) Because he dislikes Doudou.
(c) Because he will be with N'Deye Touti.
(d) Because he has to go to Sudan.
5. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
(a) Because Pierre wants him to resign.
(b) Because Pierre speaks their language.
(c) Because Pierre dresses like they do.
(d) He doesn't think Pierre has sided with the Africans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
2. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
3. Why do the people of Dakar have a difficult time understanding the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
4. What is the first thing the apprentices steal using their sling shots?
5. What does the narrator say is the "swan song" of N'Deye Touti's youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
2. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
3. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
4. How does Dejean first react to Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
5. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
6. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
7. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
8. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
9. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
10. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)