|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They stay inside their homes.
(b) They start a bonfire.
(c) They cook a large meal.
(d) They gather in the streets.
2. What does Maimouna do at the end of "Epilogue"?
(a) She goes to sleep.
(b) She buries a body.
(c) She sings.
(d) She carries a child.
3. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
(a) They throw rocks.
(b) They sing softly.
(c) They begin to chant.
(d) They fall silent.
4. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is confused.
5. When Bakayoko arrives in Dakar, how does he feel about the strike?
(a) That the strike has only begun.
(b) That there is no point to striking any longer.
(c) That he has won it.
(d) That the strikers need to be armed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the women decide to march to in "Epilogue"?
2. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
3. What does the narrator say is the "swan song" of N'Deye Touti's youth?
4. What role does Edouard play in the strike?
5. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
2. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
3. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
4. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
5. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
6. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
7. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
8. How is Bakary affected by Bakayoko's return in "Chapter 15"?
9. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
10. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)