|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
(a) Having sympathy for the French.
(b) Lying about her age.
(c) Supporting polygamy.
(d) Being a prostitute.
2. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
(a) The shore.
(b) The market.
(c) N'Deye Touti's house.
(d) The union offices.
3. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they practice polygamy.
(b) Because they are inferior.
(c) Because they are uneducated.
(d) Because they are spoiled.
4. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
5. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
(a) They want a safer working environment.
(b) They want a raise.
(c) They want Isnard promoted.
(d) They want Isnard removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
2. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
3. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
4. How does Bakayoko learn that Beugosse switched sides to stand with the French?
5. Why does Bakayoko encourage a general strike in "Chapter 17"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
2. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
3. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
4. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
5. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
6. In "Epilogue", what problems does union management have with Isnard?
7. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
8. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
9. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
10. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)