|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
(a) They cry.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They celebrate.
(d) They begin a fight.
2. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
(a) They think it's foolish.
(b) They think he's very kind.
(c) They think he's brave.
(d) They think it's just a joke.
3. Who leads the women's march to Dakar?
(b) Penda and Maimouna.
(d) A small group of men.
4. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
(a) Because she runs outside with a gun.
(b) Because she steals from management.
(c) Because she is robbed.
(d) Because she wants to protect Isnard.
5. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
2. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
3. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
4. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
5. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
2. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
3. What happens on the third day of the march to Dakar?
4. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
5. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
6. How does Bakayoko feel when he first arrives in Dakar?
7. What does Leblanc confess to in "Chapter 14"?
8. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
9. What do the apprentices use their sling shots for?
10. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)