|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They are saddened.
2. How is Keita cut in "Chapter 18"?
(a) By barbed wire.
(b) By another prisoner's knife.
(c) While shaving.
(d) While carving.
3. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five days.
(d) A month.
4. Why do Bakayoko and Lahbib step outside in "Chapter 16"?
(a) To find new jobs.
(b) To talk about the negotiations.
(c) To get some fresh air.
(d) To help the group of women.
5. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They tease him.
(b) The praise him.
(c) They blame him.
(d) They ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
2. Why does Keita face east during his exercise break in "Chapter 18"?
3. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
4. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
5. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when word reaches the union offices about the end of the strike?
2. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
3. In "Chapter 19", what happens to Keita in prison?
4. What does Bakayoko talk about during the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
5. How is the father of Maimouna's children revealed?
6. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
7. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
8. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
9. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
10. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)