|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
(a) If the child is healthy.
(b) If the child is beautiful.
(c) If the child walks well.
(d) If the child is in the room.
2. Who discovers Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro after they are beaten?
(c) A French soldier.
3. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She bribes him.
(b) She begs him.
(c) She bullies him.
(d) She steals the water.
4. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
(a) Sew for the men.
(b) Cook food.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Plan the union strike.
5. Why does Penda ask about the father of Maimouna's children?
(a) Because she wants to get to know her better.
(b) Penda doesn't talk to Maimouna about her children.
(c) Because she wants to find him.
(d) Because she heard a rumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
2. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
3. Who does the narrator say knows who the father of Maimouna's twins is?
4. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
5. Where does "Chapter 10" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
2. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
3. Why do the women march to the Vatican?
4. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
5. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
6. What does Pierrot say he wants to do in "Chapter 14"?
7. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
8. Why does Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 18"?
9. What happens when N'Deye Touti and Bakayoko discuss marriage in "Chapter 18"?
10. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)