|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Chapter 10" take place?
(a) The capital.
2. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of his fear of the strike.
(b) Because of the food he eats.
(c) Because of his clothing.
(d) Because of his wife.
3. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Learning French.
(b) Stealing from her stand.
(c) Touching her children.
4. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
5. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
(a) It makes him feel proud.
(b) He doesn't care about the strike.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) It makes him laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ad'jibid'ji say when Niakoro asks her about what washes the water?
2. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
3. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
4. Why does Ramatoulaye decide to go to the police in "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
2. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
3. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
4. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko think is an appropriate punishment for union workers who return to work during the strike?
5. When does Ramatoulaye turn herself into the police?
6. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
7. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
8. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
9. During Diara's trial, what things occur that make the crowd angry?
10. What action does Tiemoko decide to take against Diara in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)