|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Niakoro after she is beaten in "Chapter 7"?
(a) She resolves to move away.
(b) She goes for help.
(c) She dies.
(d) She falls asleep.
2. Why does Ramatoulaye decide to go to the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Because she feels she has caused enough trouble.
(b) Because she wants to stop the fighting.
(c) Because she thinks she can trick them.
(d) Because she needs their help.
3. In "Chapter 11", how does Penda feel about sharing her bed?
(a) It reminds her of what is important.
(b) It makes her feel proud.
(c) She doesn't care about sharing her bed.
(d) It makes her angry.
4. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
(a) To end the strike.
(b) He doesn't negotiate with the police.
(c) To spy on the police.
(d) To free Ramatoulaye.
5. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
(a) It makes him feel bad after.
(b) It's less effective than taking them to trial.
(c) The public loves to watch the beatings.
(d) It works to teach them a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
2. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
3. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
4. Why does Sounkare visit friends in "Chapter 10"?
5. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
2. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
3. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
4. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
5. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
6. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
7. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
8. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
9. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
10. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko think is an appropriate punishment for union workers who return to work during the strike?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)