|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of his wife.
(b) Because of his clothing.
(c) Because of his fear of the strike.
(d) Because of the food he eats.
2. What happens to Sounkare after he dies?
(a) He is eaten by rats.
(b) He is buried in an unmarked grave.
(c) He is burned.
(d) His mother collects his body.
3. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
(a) About her family history.
(b) About how to prepare ram for eating.
(c) About the importance of courage.
(d) About how fate works.
4. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
(a) The public loves to watch the beatings.
(b) It's less effective than taking them to trial.
(c) It works to teach them a lesson.
(d) It makes him feel bad after.
5. What is Sounkare's job?
(a) Head watchman.
(b) Train mechanic.
(c) Office worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
2. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
3. How does N'Deye Touti feel about the women confronting the police?
4. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
5. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Ramatoulaye turn herself into the police?
2. What does Sounkare do before visiting the garage in "Chapter 10"?
3. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
4. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
5. How do the workers feel the morning of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
6. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
7. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
8. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
9. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
10. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)