|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He reports them.
(b) He encourages them.
(c) He tells them to leave.
(d) He watches them.
2. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
3. Who does Beaugosse feel is really running the strike?
(b) The French.
4. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
(a) A police office.
(b) No one.
(c) A group of unionists.
5. After the fire, who does N'Deye Touti think of?
(b) Mame Sofi.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
2. How does Sounkare die?
3. Why does Penda ask about the father of Maimouna's children?
4. What is Samba's role as a train worker?
5. How is Penda related to Dieynaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
2. During Diara's trial, what things occur that make the crowd angry?
3. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
4. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
5. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
6. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti feel about the confrontations with police?
7. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
8. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
9. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
10. What action does Tiemoko decide to take against Diara in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)