|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Getting arrested.
(b) Seeing a dead body.
(c) Starting a fire.
(d) Balza asking her to.
2. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
3. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A ram.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
4. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Her short attention span.
(b) How she speaks French.
(c) Her poor use of grammar.
(d) How gossipy she is.
5. After the fire, who does N'Deye Touti think of?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mame Sofi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samba's role as a train worker?
2. What does Sounkare see in the motor repair shop?
3. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
4. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
5. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
2. How do the workers feel the morning of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
3. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
4. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
5. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
6. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
7. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
8. What makes Maimouna stand out in the marketplace?
9. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
10. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)