Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To meet a woman.
(b) To loan him money.
(c) To borrow a book.
(d) To have coffee.
2. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
(a) The water pitcher.
(b) Respect of her friends.
(c) A new cart.
(d) A single dollar.
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of his fear of the strike.
(b) Because of his wife.
(c) Because of the food he eats.
(d) Because of his clothing.
4. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
(a) If men are dogs.
(b) If people are sinners.
(c) If children are saints.
(d) If women are warriors.
5. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She steals the water.
(b) She begs him.
(c) She bribes him.
(d) She bullies him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
2. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
3. Why do Bakayoko's co-leaders call off the striking action in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
5. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
2. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
3. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
4. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
5. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
6. How does Bakayoko feel about going to Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
7. What happens when the women reach the Vatican?
8. What happens at the end of Bakayoko's meeting with Dejean in "Chapter 15"?
9. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
10. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)