|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
2. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To protect them from the police.
(b) To help them escape the village.
(c) To burn down the management offices.
(d) To keep the streets lit at night.
3. Why does Ramatoulaye decide to go to the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Because she wants to stop the fighting.
(b) Because she feels she has caused enough trouble.
(c) Because she thinks she can trick them.
(d) Because she needs their help.
4. In "Chapter 9", why does the police officer comment on N'Deye Touti's appearance in front of her?
(a) He knows Bakayoko and wants to make him angry.
(b) He wants to scare her.
(c) He wants to get her attention.
(d) He doesn't think she understands him.
5. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
2. Who treats Maimouna's wounds in "Chapter 3"?
3. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
4. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
5. What does Sounkare see in the motor repair shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
2. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
3. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
4. In "Chapter 4", what do Daouda-Beaugosse, Deune, and Arona discuss before meeting with other union members?
5. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
6. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
7. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko think is an appropriate punishment for union workers who return to work during the strike?
8. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
9. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
10. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)