|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the women of Thies gather at Dieynaba's?
(a) They are inspired by her strength.
(b) They all owe her money.
(c) They are entertained by her stories.
(d) They enjoy her cooking.
2. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
(a) With the help of strangers.
(b) By following a fellow seller.
(c) By using a stick to guide her.
(d) She doesn't get out of the marketplace.
3. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
(a) To spy on the police.
(b) To free Ramatoulaye.
(c) He doesn't negotiate with the police.
(d) To end the strike.
4. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
5. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He is grateful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
2. What is Sounkare's job?
3. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
4. Why does Ramatoulaye argue with a shopkeeper in "Chapter 4"?
5. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko think is an appropriate punishment for union workers who return to work during the strike?
2. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
3. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
4. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
5. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
6. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
7. In "Chapter 4", what do Daouda-Beaugosse, Deune, and Arona discuss before meeting with other union members?
8. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
9. How does Penda feel about men?
10. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)