|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 5", what does N'Deye Touti say she likes about Bakayoko?
(a) His writing.
(b) His rejection of polygamy.
(c) His education.
(d) His government job.
2. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the compound.
(d) To Beaugosse's office.
3. Where does "Chapter 10" take place?
(a) The capital.
4. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(a) Union headquarters.
(c) The river.
5. Who does Beaugosse feel is really running the strike?
(a) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
2. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
3. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
4. Why does Penda help distribute the food?
5. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
2. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
3. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
4. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
5. What happens after Beaugosse leaves the union?
6. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
7. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
8. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
9. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
10. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)