|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
(a) Management offices.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) Union offices.
(d) Ramatoulaye's house.
2. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
(a) By themselves.
(b) Near the villages.
(c) Around the union offices.
(d) In front of the train offices.
3. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
4. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Learning French.
(b) Touching her children.
(c) Stealing from her stand.
5. In "Chapter 1", how do the train workers decide to strike?
(a) The leader decides.
(b) They take a vote.
(c) They don't decide anything about the strike.
(d) The wives of the workers decide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
2. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
3. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
4. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
5. What does Keita do when the crowd gets emotional at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
2. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
4. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
5. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
6. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
7. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
8. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
9. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
10. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)