|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
(a) To spy on the police.
(b) To free Ramatoulaye.
(c) He doesn't negotiate with the police.
(d) To end the strike.
2. At the end of "Chapter 7", what does the narrator say has failed?
(a) The French.
(c) A chance for peace.
(d) Union negotiations.
3. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He tells them to leave.
(b) He watches them.
(c) He reports them.
(d) He encourages them.
4. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
(a) A group of men gave them food.
(b) They have jobs in a different town.
(c) They stole it.
(d) A woman helped them out.
5. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A ram.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives at N'diayene?
2. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
3. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
4. In "Chapter 6", what does the narrator say people began to talk about when they spoke of the strike?
5. Who does Keita argue with about the strike after the meeting in "Chapter 1"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
2. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
3. What action does Tiemoko decide to take against Diara in "Chapter 7"?
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
5. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
6. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
7. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
8. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
9. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
10. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)