|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a brick.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With poison.
2. What happens to Sounkare after he dies?
(a) His mother collects his body.
(b) He is buried in an unmarked grave.
(c) He is eaten by rats.
(d) He is burned.
3. What does Keita do when the crowd gets emotional at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He leaves the meeting.
(b) He gets the crowd more worked up.
(c) He laughs at the people at the meeting.
(d) He calms the crowd down.
4. In "Chapter 9", what does Mame Sofi say when she hears N'Deye Touti talking about the confrontation?
(a) She tells N'Deye Touti to stop lying.
(b) She laughs at the women.
(c) She says the women will fight again.
(d) She says everything is just rumors.
5. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
(a) They don't start the fire, but are blamed for it.
(b) By accidentally hitting a hut with a flaming torch.
(c) By trying to light a torch.
(d) By purposefully throwing flaming torches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bakayoko's role before he went missing?
2. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
3. Who treats Maimouna's wounds in "Chapter 3"?
4. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
2. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
3. How does Penda feel about men?
4. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
5. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
6. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti feel about the confrontations with police?
7. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
8. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
9. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
10. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)