|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sounkare die?
(a) From hunger.
(b) From disease.
(c) From a gunshot.
(d) From hitting his head.
2. In "Chapter 8", what do the women say about Diara?
(a) That he owes them money and food.
(b) That he is a confused man.
(c) That he treated them badly.
(d) That he is innocent.
3. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She attacks him.
(c) She threatens him.
(d) She cries.
4. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
(a) A police office.
(c) No one.
(d) A group of unionists.
5. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
(a) He replaced Diara's job.
(b) He took Diara to trial.
(c) He tried to return to work, too.
(d) He had Diara exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what do the other women do?
2. How is Penda related to Dieynaba?
3. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
4. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
5. Where does "Chapter 10" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
2. What action does Tiemoko decide to take against Diara in "Chapter 7"?
3. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does Keita get in trouble at Diara's trial?
5. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
6. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
7. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
8. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
9. During Diara's trial, what things occur that make the crowd angry?
10. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)