|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it suggested that Beaugosse take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) So he can meet Bakayoko.
(b) Because he is the strongest.
(c) So he can increase their numbers.
(d) Because he is the best speaker.
2. Who discovers Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro after they are beaten?
(a) A French soldier.
3. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
4. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) Ramatoulaye's house.
(c) Union offices.
(d) Management offices.
5. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With poison.
(b) With a brick.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Imam think is running the strike?
2. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
3. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
4. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
5. Who does the narrator say knows who the father of Maimouna's twins is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
2. What makes Maimouna stand out in the marketplace?
3. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
4. When does Ramatoulaye turn herself into the police?
5. How does Penda feel about men?
6. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
7. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
8. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
9. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
10. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)