|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
(a) Plan the union strike.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Cook food.
(d) Sew for the men.
2. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Seeing a dead body.
(b) Starting a fire.
(c) Balza asking her to.
(d) Getting arrested.
3. Why is Bachirou threatened with violence in "Chapter 2"?
(a) For hurting another worker.
(b) For speaking French.
(c) For arriving late.
(d) For trying to stop the strike.
4. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
5. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
(a) Because of the books she has read.
(b) Because of her travels.
(c) Because of all the languages she knows.
(d) Because her father was an ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
2. What happens after Samba calls in out in favor of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
3. What does Niakoro resent about Ad'jibid'ji?
4. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
5. When the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what do the other women do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Ramatoulaye turn herself into the police?
2. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
3. How do the workers feel the morning of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
5. In "Chapter 4", what do Daouda-Beaugosse, Deune, and Arona discuss before meeting with other union members?
6. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
7. Why does Keita get in trouble at Diara's trial?
8. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
9. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
10. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)