|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Imam think is running the strike?
(a) The women.
(b) The French.
2. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are quiet.
(c) They act tired.
(d) They move quickly.
3. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
(a) If people are sinners.
(b) If men are dogs.
(c) If children are saints.
(d) If women are warriors.
4. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Around the union offices.
(b) In front of the train offices.
(c) By themselves.
(d) Near the villages.
5. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 8", what do the women say about Diara?
2. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
3. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
4. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
5. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Tiemoko decide to take against Diara in "Chapter 7"?
2. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
3. In "Chapter 6", what are the union members excited about?
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
5. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
6. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
7. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
8. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko think is an appropriate punishment for union workers who return to work during the strike?
9. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
10. How does Penda feel about men?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)