|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
(a) He doesn't care about the strike.
(b) It makes him feel proud.
(c) It makes him laugh.
(d) It makes him nervous.
2. Why is it suggested that Beaugosse take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) Because he is the strongest.
(b) So he can meet Bakayoko.
(c) Because he is the best speaker.
(d) So he can increase their numbers.
3. How does Sounkare die?
(a) From hunger.
(b) From disease.
(c) From a gunshot.
(d) From hitting his head.
4. What was Bakayoko's role before he went missing?
(a) Union leader.
(b) Local farmer.
(c) Head engineer.
(d) School teacher.
5. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
(a) They are looking for Keita.
(b) They are robbing them.
(c) They are searching for weapons.
(d) They routinely beat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
3. Why do the women overturn trucks in "Chapter 9"?
4. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
5. What does Sounkare see in the motor repair shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
2. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
3. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
4. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
5. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
6. What does Sounkare do before visiting the garage in "Chapter 10"?
7. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
8. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
9. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
10. Why is Doudou offered a promotion in "Chapter 12"?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)