|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does N'Deye Touti feel about the women confronting the police?
(a) She thinks it will help the union.
(b) She doesn't have an opinion on the confrontation.
(c) She thinks it proves their power.
(d) She thinks it is foolish.
2. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To have coffee.
(b) To loan him money.
(c) To borrow a book.
(d) To meet a woman.
3. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
(a) They are quiet.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They move quickly.
(d) They act tired.
4. In "Chapter 7", how is Assitan described as a woman?
5. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He watches them.
(b) He tells them to leave.
(c) He encourages them.
(d) He reports them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beaugosse do when the fire breaks out in "Chapter 9"?
2. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
3. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
4. After the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what happens?
5. What does Ad'jibid'ji say when Niakoro asks her about what washes the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
2. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
3. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
4. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
5. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
6. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
7. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
8. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
9. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
10. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)