|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
(a) No one.
(b) A police office.
(d) A group of unionists.
2. Why does Ramatoulaye argue with a shopkeeper in "Chapter 4"?
(a) Because she wants a better price.
(b) Because she is denied credit.
(c) Because she doesn't like what the shop is selling.
(d) Because she wants a job.
3. After the fire, who does N'Deye Touti think of?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mame Sofi.
4. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) The loss it caused.
(b) The week without pay.
(c) How successful it was.
(d) How long it was.
5. Why do the women of Thies gather at Dieynaba's?
(a) They are inspired by her strength.
(b) They are entertained by her stories.
(c) They all owe her money.
(d) They enjoy her cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
2. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
3. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 8", what do the women say about Diara?
5. How is Penda related to Dieynaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
2. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
3. How does Penda form a relationship with Maimouna?
4. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
5. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
6. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
7. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
8. How does "Chapter 1" begin?
9. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
10. When does Ramatoulaye turn herself into the police?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)