|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
2. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
(a) Bakayoko tells her.
(b) She bribes the police.
(c) Ramatoulaye gets a letter from the police.
(d) She overhears the police talking.
3. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
(a) Because it's French law.
(b) Because that's what the Koran dictates.
(c) Because Diara is widely disliked.
(d) Because all the other workers were beaten.
4. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
(a) It works to teach them a lesson.
(b) It's less effective than taking them to trial.
(c) It makes him feel bad after.
(d) The public loves to watch the beatings.
5. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) She sorts through the office mail.
(b) She delivers a package.
(c) She listens to a speech.
(d) She takes photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
2. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
3. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
4. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
5. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", how does Mame Sofi feel about the confrontations with police?
2. How does Penda feel about men?
3. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti feel about the confrontations with police?
4. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
5. What happens when the women are sprayed with a fire hose in "Chapter 9"?
6. What happens when the soldiers arrive in "Chapter 2"?
7. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
8. What action does Tiemoko decide to take against Diara in "Chapter 7"?
9. At the end of "Chapter 12", why is there celebration at the union offices?
10. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)