|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sounkare see in the motor repair shop?
(a) Lots of cars.
(c) A group of men talking.
(d) A fire.
2. What is Samba's role as a train worker?
(d) Office worker.
3. What does Niakoro resent about Ad'jibid'ji?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her family life.
4. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
(a) To try to end the strike.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To try to feel equal.
(d) To have a new job.
5. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
(a) Because it's French law.
(b) Because all the other workers were beaten.
(c) Because Diara is widely disliked.
(d) Because that's what the Koran dictates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it suggested that Beaugosse take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
2. What does Beaugosse do when the fire breaks out in "Chapter 9"?
3. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
4. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
5. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does N'Deye Touti feel after the fire?
2. In "Chapter 4", what do the women in the cart discuss?
3. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
4. What happens when N'Deye Touti encounters the police in "Chapter 9"?
5. What do N'Deye Touti and Beaugosse talk about in "Chapter 5"?
6. What does Sounkare do at the beginning of the strike?
7. What makes Maimouna stand out in the marketplace?
8. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
9. What happens after the battle in "Chapter 3"?
10. What does Sounkare do before visiting the garage in "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)