|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro after they are beaten?
(c) A French soldier.
2. What happens to Niakoro after she is beaten in "Chapter 7"?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She resolves to move away.
(c) She goes for help.
(d) She dies.
3. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a brick.
(c) With poison.
(d) With a knife.
4. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
(d) People from different villages.
5. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
(a) He tried to return to work, too.
(b) He took Diara to trial.
(c) He had Diara exiled.
(d) He replaced Diara's job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives at N'diayene?
2. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
3. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
4. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
5. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the strikers feel about Isnard when they return to work in "Epilogue"?
2. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
3. What does Mame Sofi do when the water seller visits in "Chapter 5"?
4. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
5. What happens at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
6. What does Ad'jibid'ji do when the French soldiers arrive in "Chapter 7"?
7. What happens after the apprentices are shot?
8. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
9. In "Chapter 16", what plan does Penda announce?
10. What makes N'Deye Touti feel like an outcast?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)