|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are many men angry at Diara's trial?
(a) Because they like Diara.
(b) Because they dislike Diara.
(c) Because there are women there.
(d) Because they want to return to work.
2. What happens to Sounkare after he dies?
(a) His mother collects his body.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He is eaten by rats.
(d) He is buried in an unmarked grave.
3. In "Chapter 6", what does the narrator say people began to talk about when they spoke of the strike?
(a) They focused on God when talking about the strike.
(b) They stopped speaking about the strike.
(c) They planned for a new union.
(d) They started siding with the management.
4. In "Chapter 9", what does Mame Sofi say when she hears N'Deye Touti talking about the confrontation?
(a) She says the women will fight again.
(b) She laughs at the women.
(c) She says everything is just rumors.
(d) She tells N'Deye Touti to stop lying.
5. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
(a) He won't speak to her on the street.
(b) He won't help her get food.
(c) He won't give her a job.
(d) He won't buy clothes for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
2. How many siblings does Strike have?
3. Who treats Maimouna's wounds in "Chapter 3"?
4. In "Chapter 9", why does the police officer comment on N'Deye Touti's appearance in front of her?
5. In "Chapter 3", what does Dejean tell his supervisors?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 3", what solutions to the strike do Dejean and the deputies come up with?
2. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
3. During Diara's trial, what things occur that make the crowd angry?
4. Why does Keita get in trouble at Diara's trial?
5. What happens to Ramatoulaye after she kills the ram?
6. In "Chapter 3", how is the impact of the strike described?
7. Why is Ramatoulaye frustrated in "Chapter 4"?
8. Why does Niakoro want to test Ad'jibid'ji's mind?
9. What makes Maimouna stand out in the marketplace?
10. What happens to Sounkare at the garage in "Chapter 10"?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)