|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
(a) Five days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two months.
(d) A month.
2. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
(a) That Beugosse ruined the union's morale.
(b) That he never got along with Beugosse.
(c) He says nothing about Beugosse.
(d) That Beugosse was a hard worker.
3. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
4. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he is late for another meeting.
(b) Because he is in the wrong meeting.
(c) Because he is sad.
(d) Because he is angry.
5. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
(a) Begin going to school.
(b) Open up shops in the market.
(c) Maintain their new power.
(d) Question the government.
6. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
(a) Meet with management by himself.
(b) Meet with management in a group.
(c) Visit with the women.
(d) Take another vacation.
7. Why does Penda believe the women should march to Dakar?
(a) To rally more union workers.
(b) To avoid going to jail.
(c) To show their support.
(d) To find a better place to live.
8. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He shakes hands with management.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He jumps into the crowd.
9. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
10. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
11. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
(a) They want a safer working environment.
(b) They want a raise.
(c) They want Isnard removed.
(d) They want Isnard promoted.
12. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
13. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Watching an eagle hunt.
(b) Losing his tobacco in the wind.
(c) Talking with N'Deye Touti.
(d) A letter from Penda before her death.
14. Who leads the women's march to Dakar?
(b) A small group of men.
(c) Penda and Maimouna.
15. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
(a) Because he disliked the strike.
(b) Because of what management did to him.
(c) Because he didn't get a promotion.
(d) Because of a women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the apprentices steal using their sling shots?
2. On what day does the march to Dakar become complicated?
3. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
4. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
5. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)