|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bakayoko learn that Beugosse switched sides to stand with the French?
(a) He sees Beugosse dressed as a Frenchmen.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) He gets a letter from Beugosse.
(d) Alioune tells him about Beugosse.
2. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
(a) That they are anti-French.
(b) That they don't care about the French either way.
(c) That they are not anti-French.
(d) That they respectful of the French.
3. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
(a) The market.
(b) N'Deye Touti's house.
(c) The union offices.
(d) The shore.
4. How does the narrator describe Pierrot when he first appears in "Chapter 14"?
5. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cow.
(c) A friend.
(d) A brother.
6. What does N'Deye Touti do to show her support for the compound after Bakayoko leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) She builts a new hut by herself.
(b) She finds a military to protect them.
(c) She barters at the market.
(d) She burns her notebooks.
7. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Losing his tobacco in the wind.
(b) Talking with N'Deye Touti.
(c) Watching an eagle hunt.
(d) A letter from Penda before her death.
8. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) Union workers.
(b) Union leadership and French management.
(c) French management.
(d) Union leadership.
9. On what day does the march to Dakar become complicated?
(a) The third day.
(b) The first day.
(c) The fourth day.
(d) The second day.
10. How do the apprentices make their sling shots?
(a) With bands off of cars.
(b) With bike tire tubes.
(c) With old rubber scraps.
(d) With train parts.
11. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
(a) A month.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Ten days.
12. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
(a) They think it's foolish.
(b) They think it's just a joke.
(c) They think he's brave.
(d) They think he's very kind.
13. Where do the women decide to march to in "Epilogue"?
(d) The Vatican.
14. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
(a) Because she wants to protect Isnard.
(b) Because she runs outside with a gun.
(c) Because she is robbed.
(d) Because she steals from management.
15. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will return to Dakar.
(b) When he will get a new job.
(c) Where his family lives.
(d) When he will propose to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell Pierre he will do to Bakayoko?
2. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
3. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
4. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
5. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)