|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
(a) Lying about her age.
(b) Supporting polygamy.
(c) Being a prostitute.
(d) Having sympathy for the French.
2. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They are surprised.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are saddened.
3. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
(a) A group of women.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A member of the management team.
(d) Bakayoko's sister.
4. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They tease him.
(b) They blame him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) The praise him.
5. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
(a) That they are powerful.
(b) That they should yell.
(c) That they need a better education.
(d) That they should run away.
6. How do the apprentices test their sling shots?
(a) They try to break up a fight with them.
(b) They aim at birds.
(c) They shoot each other.
(d) They have a child try to use them.
7. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To form a newspaper.
(b) To honor Bakayoko.
(c) To discuss Isnard.
(d) To start a new union.
8. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They cry.
(c) They begin a fight.
(d) They celebrate.
9. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
(a) They think it's foolish.
(b) They think he's very kind.
(c) They think he's brave.
(d) They think it's just a joke.
10. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
(a) Take another vacation.
(b) Meet with management in a group.
(c) Visit with the women.
(d) Meet with management by himself.
11. On what day does the march to Dakar become complicated?
(a) The fourth day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The first day.
(d) The third day.
12. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(b) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
(c) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(d) She thinks its an honorable title.
13. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
14. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(a) The union leader.
(b) His mother.
15. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A friend.
(b) A cow.
(c) A brother.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
2. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
3. Who criticizes Bakayoko when he leaves for Dakar in "Chapter 16"?
4. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
5. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)