Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
(a) Because of a women.
(b) Because he didn't get a promotion.
(c) Because he disliked the strike.
(d) Because of what management did to him.
2. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
(a) A member of the management team.
(b) Bakayoko's sister.
(c) A group of women.
(d) A police officer.
3. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
(a) Meet with management by himself.
(b) Visit with the women.
(c) Meet with management in a group.
(d) Take another vacation.
4. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
(a) He doesn't think Pierre has sided with the Africans.
(b) Because Pierre wants him to resign.
(c) Because Pierre dresses like they do.
(d) Because Pierre speaks their language.
5. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
(a) They throw rocks.
(b) They fall silent.
(c) They sing softly.
(d) They begin to chant.
6. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
(a) As workers.
(b) As a game.
(c) As children.
(d) As a waste.
7. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
(a) That he never got along with Beugosse.
(b) That Beugosse ruined the union's morale.
(c) That Beugosse was a hard worker.
(d) He says nothing about Beugosse.
8. In "Chapter 15", how is the night described?
9. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(a) His mother.
(b) The union leader.
10. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cow.
(c) A friend.
(d) A brother.
11. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are surprised.
12. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To start a new union.
(b) To form a newspaper.
(c) To discuss Isnard.
(d) To honor Bakayoko.
13. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) French management.
(b) Union leadership and French management.
(c) Union workers.
(d) Union leadership.
14. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
15. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(b) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
(c) She thinks its an honorable title.
(d) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
2. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
3. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
4. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
5. In Dakar, how are the marchers greeted by the residents?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)