|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
(a) A group of women.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A member of the management team.
(d) Bakayoko's sister.
2. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
(a) He promises a proper burial.
(b) He sends Bakayoko on a walk.
(c) He holds Bakayoko's hand.
(d) He gives Bakayoko a drink.
3. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
(a) The shore.
(b) The union offices.
(c) N'Deye Touti's house.
(d) The market.
4. How is Keita cut in "Chapter 18"?
(a) By another prisoner's knife.
(b) While carving.
(c) While shaving.
(d) By barbed wire.
5. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
(a) They want a raise.
(b) They want Isnard removed.
(c) They want a safer working environment.
(d) They want Isnard promoted.
6. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
(a) Because he has to go to Sudan.
(b) Because he will be with N'Deye Touti.
(c) Because he wants to spend time alone.
(d) Because he dislikes Doudou.
7. Why does Bakayoko encourage a general strike in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Because he thinks it will work.
(b) Because he wasn't sure what else to say.
(c) Because N'Daye Touti wanted him to.
(d) Because the crowd believes in it.
8. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They laugh.
9. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A pig.
(b) A brother.
(c) A cow.
(d) A friend.
10. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he is angry.
(b) Because he is late for another meeting.
(c) Because he is in the wrong meeting.
(d) Because he is sad.
11. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will propose to her.
(b) When he will return to Dakar.
(c) When he will get a new job.
(d) Where his family lives.
12. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He cries.
(c) He shakes hands with management.
(d) He jumps into the crowd.
13. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They gather in the streets.
(b) They start a bonfire.
(c) They cook a large meal.
(d) They stay inside their homes.
14. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
(a) To get her on their side.
(b) To tease her in public.
(c) To discuss her love life.
(d) To get information about Bakayoko.
15. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) The praise him.
(c) They tease him.
(d) They blame him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
2. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
3. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
4. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
5. How do the apprentices make their sling shots?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)