|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does the march to Dakar become complicated?
(a) The second day.
(b) The fourth day.
(c) The third day.
(d) The first day.
2. How does Bakayoko learn that Beugosse switched sides to stand with the French?
(a) Alioune tells him about Beugosse.
(b) He sees Beugosse dressed as a Frenchmen.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) He gets a letter from Beugosse.
3. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They are saddened.
4. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
(a) Because he has to go to Sudan.
(b) Because he dislikes Doudou.
(c) Because he wants to spend time alone.
(d) Because he will be with N'Deye Touti.
5. Why do the people of Dakar have a difficult time understanding the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
(a) They are in different languages.
(b) There isn't a microphone.
(c) Too many people are talking at once.
(d) The French are yelling too loudly.
6. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will return to Dakar.
(b) When he will propose to her.
(c) Where his family lives.
(d) When he will get a new job.
7. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
(a) That they are anti-French.
(b) That they are not anti-French.
(c) That they don't care about the French either way.
(d) That they respectful of the French.
8. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Watching an eagle hunt.
(b) Talking with N'Deye Touti.
(c) A letter from Penda before her death.
(d) Losing his tobacco in the wind.
9. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He shakes hands with management.
(d) He jumps into the crowd.
10. Who does Keita stay with in prison in "Chapter 18"?
(d) Violent criminals.
11. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
12. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
(a) They cry.
(b) They begin a fight.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They celebrate.
13. What role does Edouard play in the strike?
(a) He is a union negotiator.
(b) He is a management representative.
(c) He is a French dignitary.
(d) He is an African politician.
14. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She thinks its an honorable title.
(b) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(c) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(d) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
15. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
(a) That Beugosse ruined the union's morale.
(b) That Beugosse was a hard worker.
(c) That he never got along with Beugosse.
(d) He says nothing about Beugosse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
2. Why is Isnard's wife shot?
3. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
4. Why does Keita face east during his exercise break in "Chapter 18"?
5. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)