|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) Union workers.
(b) Union leadership and French management.
(c) French management.
(d) Union leadership.
2. Why does Penda believe the women should march to Dakar?
(a) To show their support.
(b) To avoid going to jail.
(c) To find a better place to live.
(d) To rally more union workers.
3. How does the narrator describe Pierrot when he first appears in "Chapter 14"?
4. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) The praise him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They blame him.
(d) They tease him.
5. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
(a) Five days.
(b) A month.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two months.
6. How do the apprentices test their sling shots?
(a) They shoot each other.
(b) They try to break up a fight with them.
(c) They aim at birds.
(d) They have a child try to use them.
7. When are the apprentices shot?
(a) After shooting out a window.
(b) The day before they plan to rob a store.
(c) When they are trying to shoot lizards.
(d) As they sleep.
8. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
(a) That they should run away.
(b) That they should yell.
(c) That they are powerful.
(d) That they need a better education.
9. In "Chapter 15", how is the night described?
10. In Dakar, how are the marchers greeted by the residents?
(a) With gunfire.
(b) With a celebration.
(c) With fear.
(d) They aren't greeted.
11. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(b) His mother.
(d) The union leader.
12. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She thinks its an honorable title.
(b) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(c) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(d) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
13. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
(a) He promises a proper burial.
(b) He sends Bakayoko on a walk.
(c) He gives Bakayoko a drink.
(d) He holds Bakayoko's hand.
14. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
(a) A member of the management team.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A group of women.
(d) Bakayoko's sister.
15. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they practice polygamy.
(b) Because they are spoiled.
(c) Because they are inferior.
(d) Because they are uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
2. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
3. How do the apprentices make their sling shots?
4. What does the crowd do when they hear the gunshots in "Epilogue"?
5. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)