|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Keita stay with in prison in "Chapter 18"?
(b) Violent criminals.
2. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(b) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
(c) She thinks its an honorable title.
(d) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
3. How does Bakayoko learn that Beugosse switched sides to stand with the French?
(a) He sees Beugosse dressed as a Frenchmen.
(b) Alioune tells him about Beugosse.
(c) He gets a letter from Beugosse.
(d) He reads about it in the newspaper.
4. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two months.
5. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
6. In Dakar, how are the marchers greeted by the residents?
(a) With gunfire.
(b) With a celebration.
(c) With fear.
(d) They aren't greeted.
7. What role does Edouard play in the strike?
(a) He is an African politician.
(b) He is a union negotiator.
(c) He is a management representative.
(d) He is a French dignitary.
8. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
(a) Supporting polygamy.
(b) Having sympathy for the French.
(c) Being a prostitute.
(d) Lying about her age.
9. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
(a) He is too tired to walk.
(b) He doesn't believe in the women marching.
(c) He learns about his family's crisis.
(d) He wants to try to negotiate with management again.
10. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
(a) As children.
(b) As a waste.
(c) As a game.
(d) As workers.
11. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
12. After Beugosse leaves the union, what does Bakayoko say about him?
(a) He says nothing about Beugosse.
(b) That Beugosse ruined the union's morale.
(c) That Beugosse was a hard worker.
(d) That he never got along with Beugosse.
13. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
14. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
(a) Like an adventure.
(b) Like a problem.
(c) Like a joke.
(d) Like a vacation.
15. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
(a) A group of women.
(b) Bakayoko's sister.
(c) A member of the management team.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bakayoko refuse to go to Doudou's funeral?
2. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
3. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
4. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
5. What do the women do when Bakayoko returns?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)