|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
(a) Because he has a dinner party.
(b) Because it is a holiday.
(c) Because he is in legal trouble.
(d) Because he wants to invest with them.
2. How do the French feel about Pierrot wanting to get to know the Africans better?
(a) They think it's foolish.
(b) They think it's just a joke.
(c) They think he's very kind.
(d) They think he's brave.
3. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will return to Dakar.
(b) When he will propose to her.
(c) When he will get a new job.
(d) Where his family lives.
4. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He cries.
(b) He shakes hands with management.
(c) He jumps into the crowd.
(d) He apologizes.
5. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
(a) He wants to try to negotiate with management again.
(b) He doesn't believe in the women marching.
(c) He learns about his family's crisis.
(d) He is too tired to walk.
6. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
7. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
(a) They become bored with it.
(b) They consider moving away.
(c) They start to worry more.
(d) They care about the management's position.
8. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
(a) Because he was overlooked for a raise.
(b) Because he wants to be honored.
(c) Because he knows about his wife's affair.
(d) Because he doesn't want to lose his job.
9. How long does the general strike in "Chapter 17" last?
(a) A month.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five days.
10. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
11. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they practice polygamy.
(b) Because they are spoiled.
(c) Because they are uneducated.
(d) Because they are inferior.
12. Who does Keita stay with in prison in "Chapter 18"?
(c) Violent criminals.
13. In "Chapter 16", who do Bakayoko and Lahbib talk to first?
(a) A group of women.
(b) Bakayoko's sister.
(c) A member of the management team.
(d) A police officer.
14. Why does Edouard leave during the meeting in "Chapter 15"?
(a) Because he is in the wrong meeting.
(b) Because he is late for another meeting.
(c) Because he is sad.
(d) Because he is angry.
15. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They tease him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) The praise him.
(d) They blame him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
2. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
3. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
4. After Penda's death, what does N'Deye Touti accuse her of?
5. In "Epilogue", what do the strikers do when they first return to work?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)