|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maimouna do at the end of "Epilogue"?
(a) She goes to sleep.
(b) She carries a child.
(c) She sings.
(d) She buries a body.
2. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
(a) To get her on their side.
(b) To discuss her love life.
(c) To get information about Bakayoko.
(d) To tease her in public.
3. How does Bakayoko learn that Beugosse switched sides to stand with the French?
(a) He sees Beugosse dressed as a Frenchmen.
(b) He gets a letter from Beugosse.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) Alioune tells him about Beugosse.
4. What does Bakayoko do after speaking in "Chapter 17"?
(a) He shakes hands with management.
(b) He jumps into the crowd.
(c) He cries.
(d) He apologizes.
5. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
(a) Because he has a dinner party.
(b) Because it is a holiday.
(c) Because he is in legal trouble.
(d) Because he wants to invest with them.
6. What does N'Deye Touti call Bakayoko when he leaves in "Chapter 17"?
(a) A cow.
(b) A friend.
(c) A brother.
(d) A pig.
7. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) Where his family lives.
(b) When he will return to Dakar.
(c) When he will get a new job.
(d) When he will propose to her.
8. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) Helping Penda.
(b) Getting to fight.
(c) Getting away from Thies.
(d) All the women.
9. Why does Lahbib call a meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) To discuss Isnard.
(b) To start a new union.
(c) To form a newspaper.
(d) To honor Bakayoko.
10. Why do the people of Dakar have a difficult time understanding the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
(a) They are in different languages.
(b) Too many people are talking at once.
(c) The French are yelling too loudly.
(d) There isn't a microphone.
11. When are the apprentices shot?
(a) After shooting out a window.
(b) As they sleep.
(c) The day before they plan to rob a store.
(d) When they are trying to shoot lizards.
12. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) French management.
(b) Union leadership and French management.
(c) Union workers.
(d) Union leadership.
13. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
(a) He tells her she is wrong.
(b) He has her meet with management.
(c) He takes her to the union offices.
(d) He tells her to put the plan in writing.
14. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
(a) He holds Bakayoko's hand.
(b) He gives Bakayoko a drink.
(c) He sends Bakayoko on a walk.
(d) He promises a proper burial.
15. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They blame him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They tease him.
(d) The praise him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
2. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
3. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
5. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)