|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Bakayoko decide to return home in "Chapter 17"?
(a) Talking with N'Deye Touti.
(b) A letter from Penda before her death.
(c) Losing his tobacco in the wind.
(d) Watching an eagle hunt.
2. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
(b) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(c) She thinks its an honorable title.
(d) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
3. In "Chapter 16", how does the crowd respond to the plan to march to Dakar?
(a) They are surprised.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are saddened.
4. Who tells Bakayoko that Gorgui has died?
5. What does Bakayoko do after Penda announces her plan to march to Dakar?
(a) He tells her she is wrong.
(b) He has her meet with management.
(c) He takes her to the union offices.
(d) He tells her to put the plan in writing.
6. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) The praise him.
(b) They blame him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They tease him.
7. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
(a) Like a joke.
(b) Like a problem.
(c) Like a vacation.
(d) Like an adventure.
8. Why do the workers protest in "Epilogue"?
(a) They want Isnard promoted.
(b) They want a safer working environment.
(c) They want Isnard removed.
(d) They want a raise.
9. In "Chapter 18", what does N'Deye Touti want to know about Bakayoko?
(a) When he will get a new job.
(b) Where his family lives.
(c) When he will return to Dakar.
(d) When he will propose to her.
10. Why do the Frenchmen visit with Isnard in "Chapter 14"?
(a) Because it is a holiday.
(b) Because he has a dinner party.
(c) Because he wants to invest with them.
(d) Because he is in legal trouble.
11. Who does Lahbib ask to his meeting in "Epilogue"?
(a) Union leadership and French management.
(b) Union leadership.
(c) French management.
(d) Union workers.
12. In Dakar, how are the marchers greeted by the residents?
(a) They aren't greeted.
(b) With a celebration.
(c) With gunfire.
(d) With fear.
13. How does Bakayoko learn that Beugosse switched sides to stand with the French?
(a) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) He gets a letter from Beugosse.
(c) He sees Beugosse dressed as a Frenchmen.
(d) Alioune tells him about Beugosse.
14. How do the people at the union office react when Bakayoko arrives?
(a) They celebrate.
(b) They begin a fight.
(c) They cry.
(d) They ignore him.
15. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
(a) N'Deye Touti's house.
(b) The market.
(c) The shore.
(d) The union offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the apprentices are shot, how do the people in town feel?
2. Who does Keita stay with in prison in "Chapter 18"?
3. What is the first thing the apprentices steal using their sling shots?
4. When are the apprentices shot?
5. Why does Penda believe the women should march to Dakar?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)