|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell Pierre he will do to Bakayoko?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Challenge him.
(c) Humiliate him.
(d) Fire him.
2. How do union leaders treat Bakary when Bakayoko returns?
(a) They blame him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) The praise him.
(d) They tease him.
3. On what day does the march to Dakar become complicated?
(a) The fourth day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The first day.
(d) The third day.
4. In "Chapter 15", what does Dejean tell the Africans the reason is for denying their requests?
(a) Because they are uneducated.
(b) Because they practice polygamy.
(c) Because they are inferior.
(d) Because they are spoiled.
5. Why is Isnard described as being resentful in "Epilogue"?
(a) Because he wants to be honored.
(b) Because he was overlooked for a raise.
(c) Because he doesn't want to lose his job.
(d) Because he knows about his wife's affair.
6. Why do Bakayoko and Lahbib step outside in "Chapter 16"?
(a) To help the group of women.
(b) To talk about the negotiations.
(c) To get some fresh air.
(d) To find new jobs.
7. In "Epilogue", how are the women described after the strike?
8. Why does Alioune think Beugosse left the union?
(a) Because he didn't get a promotion.
(b) Because he disliked the strike.
(c) Because of a women.
(d) Because of what management did to him.
9. Why do the French meet with N'Daye Touti in "Chapter 17"?
(a) To discuss her love life.
(b) To tease her in public.
(c) To get her on their side.
(d) To get information about Bakayoko.
10. In "Chapter 17", what does Bakayoko tell Alioune to tell the people?
(a) That they need a better education.
(b) That they should yell.
(c) That they are powerful.
(d) That they should run away.
11. Who does Bakayoko visit first when he returns?
(c) His mother.
(d) The union leader.
12. After the strike, what do many of the women do?
(a) Begin going to school.
(b) Maintain their new power.
(c) Open up shops in the market.
(d) Question the government.
13. Why does Keita face east during his exercise break in "Chapter 18"?
(a) To try to see out a crack in the wall.
(b) To watch the sun rise.
(c) He faces west.
(d) To pray.
14. Why do the people of Dakar have a difficult time understanding the speeches in "Chapter 17"?
(a) They are in different languages.
(b) There isn't a microphone.
(c) Too many people are talking at once.
(d) The French are yelling too loudly.
15. After Edouard leaves in "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko decide to do?
(a) Take another vacation.
(b) Meet with management by himself.
(c) Visit with the women.
(d) Meet with management in a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isnard believe Pierre has sided with the Africans?
2. What makes Bakayoko's plan to go with the women in "Chapter 16" difficult?
3. In "Chapter 14", how do the French refer to the Africans?
4. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
5. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)