|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are many men angry at Diara's trial?
(a) Because they want to return to work.
(b) Because they dislike Diara.
(c) Because they like Diara.
(d) Because there are women there.
2. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
3. What does Beaugosse do when it is suggested he take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) He resigns from the union.
(b) He says he has to think about it.
(c) He says he is proud to help.
(d) He doesn't hear the suggestion.
4. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a brick.
5. In "Chapter 11", how does Penda feel about sharing her bed?
(a) It makes her angry.
(b) It reminds her of what is important.
(c) It makes her feel proud.
(d) She doesn't care about sharing her bed.
6. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because the ram ate her food.
(b) Because the ram hurt her child.
(c) Because the ram is sick.
(d) Because she wants to eat the ram.
7. What does Sounkare see in the motor repair shop?
(b) A group of men talking.
(c) Lots of cars.
(d) A fire.
8. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
(a) She overhears the police talking.
(b) Ramatoulaye gets a letter from the police.
(c) Bakayoko tells her.
(d) She bribes the police.
9. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
(a) Because her father was an ambassador.
(b) Because of the books she has read.
(c) Because of all the languages she knows.
(d) Because of her travels.
10. What does Ad'jibid'ji say when Niakoro asks her about what washes the water?
(a) She says it's a stupid question.
(b) She says she doesn't care.
(c) She says she will find the answer.
(d) She says she knows the answer but won't share it.
11. In "Chapter 7", how is Assitan described as a woman?
12. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) The week without pay.
(b) The loss it caused.
(c) How successful it was.
(d) How long it was.
13. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
(b) One night.
14. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
15. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(a) The river.
(b) Union headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
2. In "Chapter 9", why does the police officer comment on N'Deye Touti's appearance in front of her?
3. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
4. What is Sounkare's job?
5. Who lives at N'diayene?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)