|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
(a) He tried to return to work, too.
(b) He replaced Diara's job.
(c) He had Diara exiled.
(d) He took Diara to trial.
2. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
3. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
(a) By themselves.
(b) Near the villages.
(c) Around the union offices.
(d) In front of the train offices.
4. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(a) The river.
(c) Union headquarters.
5. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
(a) The water pitcher.
(b) Respect of her friends.
(c) A new cart.
(d) A single dollar.
6. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A ram.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
7. In "Chapter 9", why does the police officer comment on N'Deye Touti's appearance in front of her?
(a) He knows Bakayoko and wants to make him angry.
(b) He wants to get her attention.
(c) He wants to scare her.
(d) He doesn't think she understands him.
8. How many siblings does Strike have?
9. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because she wants to eat the ram.
(b) Because the ram hurt her child.
(c) Because the ram is sick.
(d) Because the ram ate her food.
10. How is Maimouna's social status described in "Chapter 2"?
11. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
(a) Ramatoulaye gets a letter from the police.
(b) Bakayoko tells her.
(c) She bribes the police.
(d) She overhears the police talking.
12. Why do the deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To ask for jobs.
(b) To provide protection.
(c) To plan an end to the strike.
(d) To question his role in the strike.
13. After the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what happens?
(a) They issue tickets.
(b) They arrest all the men in the village.
(c) They fight with the women.
(d) They leave the scene.
14. Why are many men angry at Diara's trial?
(a) Because there are women there.
(b) Because they want to return to work.
(c) Because they dislike Diara.
(d) Because they like Diara.
15. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
(a) Bribing people in the marketplace.
(b) Through his son.
(c) By following his wife.
(d) Following the train tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
2. In "Chapter 11", how does Penda feel about sharing her bed?
3. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
4. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
5. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)