|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", what does Mame Sofi say when she hears N'Deye Touti talking about the confrontation?
(a) She says the women will fight again.
(b) She says everything is just rumors.
(c) She laughs at the women.
(d) She tells N'Deye Touti to stop lying.
2. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She begs him.
(b) She bullies him.
(c) She bribes him.
(d) She steals the water.
3. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To meet a woman.
(b) To borrow a book.
(c) To have coffee.
(d) To loan him money.
4. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
5. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
(a) He tried to return to work, too.
(b) He replaced Diara's job.
(c) He had Diara exiled.
(d) He took Diara to trial.
6. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
(a) They have jobs in a different town.
(b) A group of men gave them food.
(c) They stole it.
(d) A woman helped them out.
7. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
(a) About how fate works.
(b) About the importance of courage.
(c) About how to prepare ram for eating.
(d) About her family history.
8. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
(a) To have a new job.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To try to feel equal.
(d) To try to end the strike.
9. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
10. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
(a) If the child is in the room.
(b) If the child walks well.
(c) If the child is healthy.
(d) If the child is beautiful.
11. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She threatens him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She attacks him.
12. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a brick.
(d) With poison.
13. How is Maimouna's social status described in "Chapter 2"?
14. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
(a) He won't give her a job.
(b) He won't help her get food.
(c) He won't buy clothes for her.
(d) He won't speak to her on the street.
15. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He tells them to leave.
(b) He reports them.
(c) He encourages them.
(d) He watches them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keita do when the crowd gets emotional at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
2. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
3. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
4. What does Niakoro resent about Ad'jibid'ji?
5. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)