|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
(a) Bakayoko tells her.
(b) Ramatoulaye gets a letter from the police.
(c) She bribes the police.
(d) She overhears the police talking.
2. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
(a) Ramatoulaye's house.
(b) Management offices.
(c) The marketplace.
(d) Union offices.
3. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) How she speaks French.
(b) Her poor use of grammar.
(c) How gossipy she is.
(d) Her short attention span.
4. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Starting a fire.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Seeing a dead body.
(d) Balza asking her to.
5. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
(a) By using a stick to guide her.
(b) By following a fellow seller.
(c) She doesn't get out of the marketplace.
(d) With the help of strangers.
6. In "Chapter 8", what do the women say about Diara?
(a) That he is a confused man.
(b) That he treated them badly.
(c) That he is innocent.
(d) That he owes them money and food.
7. Why does Ramatoulaye argue with a shopkeeper in "Chapter 4"?
(a) Because she doesn't like what the shop is selling.
(b) Because she wants a better price.
(c) Because she is denied credit.
(d) Because she wants a job.
8. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A ram.
9. Who lives at N'diayene?
(a) Former union workers.
(c) The elderly.
(d) Women and children.
10. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
11. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
12. How does Sounkare die?
(a) From hunger.
(b) From disease.
(c) From hitting his head.
(d) From a gunshot.
13. What was Bakayoko's role before he went missing?
(a) Head engineer.
(b) Local farmer.
(c) School teacher.
(d) Union leader.
14. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Cook food.
(c) Sew for the men.
(d) Plan the union strike.
15. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
2. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
3. How does N'Deye Touti feel about the women confronting the police?
4. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
5. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)