|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A ram.
2. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He tells them to leave.
(b) He encourages them.
(c) He watches them.
(d) He reports them.
3. What happens to Sounkare after he dies?
(a) He is eaten by rats.
(b) His mother collects his body.
(c) He is buried in an unmarked grave.
(d) He is burned.
4. Why does Penda help distribute the food?
(a) She can be trusted with the food.
(b) She is good at keeping order.
(c) She likes to spy on the people getting the food.
(d) She wants to control the food.
5. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) As a show of support for the union.
(b) To protect the injured people in town.
(c) They don't patrol the streets.
(d) In response to the attack on the women.
6. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
7. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She cries.
(b) She threatens him.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She attacks him.
8. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Learning French.
(b) Touching her children.
(c) Stealing from her stand.
9. Who does Keita argue with about the strike after the meeting in "Chapter 1"?
10. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of his clothing.
(b) Because of the food he eats.
(c) Because of his fear of the strike.
(d) Because of his wife.
11. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
(a) By themselves.
(b) Around the union offices.
(c) In front of the train offices.
(d) Near the villages.
12. Why does Sounkare visit friends in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To find food.
(b) To rally support for the strike.
(c) To look for someone.
(d) To gossip.
13. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
(a) Because of all the languages she knows.
(b) Because of the books she has read.
(c) Because of her travels.
(d) Because her father was an ambassador.
14. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) To Beaugosse's office.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the compound.
15. After the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what happens?
(a) They leave the scene.
(b) They fight with the women.
(c) They arrest all the men in the village.
(d) They issue tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ad'jibid'ji say when Niakoro asks her about what washes the water?
2. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
3. What does Beaugosse do when the fire breaks out in "Chapter 9"?
4. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
5. How does Sounkare die?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)