|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) To the river.
(c) To Beaugosse's office.
(d) To the compound.
2. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
(a) Because she keeps talking about Bakayoko.
(b) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(c) Because she spends a lot of time with Bakayoko.
(d) Because Bakayoko wanted him to ask her.
3. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
4. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
(a) If people are sinners.
(b) If women are warriors.
(c) If men are dogs.
(d) If children are saints.
5. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) They don't patrol the streets.
(b) In response to the attack on the women.
(c) To protect the injured people in town.
(d) As a show of support for the union.
6. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(c) The river.
(d) Union headquarters.
7. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
(b) One night.
8. In "Chapter 11", how does Penda feel about sharing her bed?
(a) It reminds her of what is important.
(b) It makes her angry.
(c) It makes her feel proud.
(d) She doesn't care about sharing her bed.
9. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A ram.
(d) A bird.
10. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
(a) Because that's what the Koran dictates.
(b) Because it's French law.
(c) Because all the other workers were beaten.
(d) Because Diara is widely disliked.
11. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
(a) Following the train tracks.
(b) Bribing people in the marketplace.
(c) By following his wife.
(d) Through his son.
12. Why do the women of Thies gather at Dieynaba's?
(a) They are entertained by her stories.
(b) They all owe her money.
(c) They are inspired by her strength.
(d) They enjoy her cooking.
13. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
14. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
(a) To end the strike.
(b) He doesn't negotiate with the police.
(c) To free Ramatoulaye.
(d) To spy on the police.
15. How many siblings does Strike have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
2. Why do the women overturn trucks in "Chapter 9"?
3. What do the women in the cart do when their horse gets stuck in "Chapter 4"?
4. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
5. Why do Bakayoko's co-leaders call off the striking action in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)