|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(c) The river.
(d) Union headquarters.
2. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
(a) No one.
(b) A police office.
(d) A group of unionists.
3. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
(a) Ramatoulaye gets a letter from the police.
(b) She bribes the police.
(c) She overhears the police talking.
(d) Bakayoko tells her.
4. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) How she speaks French.
(b) Her poor use of grammar.
(c) How gossipy she is.
(d) Her short attention span.
5. How is Penda related to Dieynaba?
(a) She is Dieynaba's neighbor.
(b) She is Dieynaba's step-child.
(c) She is Dieynaba's foster child.
(d) She is Dieynaba's neice.
6. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) The week without pay.
(b) How successful it was.
(c) How long it was.
(d) The loss it caused.
7. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) To protect the injured people in town.
(b) In response to the attack on the women.
(c) They don't patrol the streets.
(d) As a show of support for the union.
8. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She threatens him.
(c) She attacks him.
(d) She cries.
9. Why does Penda help distribute the food?
(a) She wants to control the food.
(b) She can be trusted with the food.
(c) She is good at keeping order.
(d) She likes to spy on the people getting the food.
10. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) He wants to leave it.
(c) He is going to try to become a union leader.
(d) He is getting a raise.
11. Why does Sounkare visit friends in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To gossip.
(b) To look for someone.
(c) To find food.
(d) To rally support for the strike.
12. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
13. What does Beaugosse do when it is suggested he take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) He doesn't hear the suggestion.
(b) He resigns from the union.
(c) He says he is proud to help.
(d) He says he has to think about it.
14. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To Beaugosse's office.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the compound.
15. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a brick.
(d) With a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
2. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
3. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
4. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
5. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)