|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beaugosse feel is really running the strike?
(a) The French.
2. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a brick.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With poison.
3. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
(a) About how fate works.
(b) About the importance of courage.
(c) About her family history.
(d) About how to prepare ram for eating.
4. In "Chapter 9", why does the police officer comment on N'Deye Touti's appearance in front of her?
(a) He doesn't think she understands him.
(b) He wants to scare her.
(c) He wants to get her attention.
(d) He knows Bakayoko and wants to make him angry.
5. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To help them escape the village.
(b) To protect them from the police.
(c) To burn down the management offices.
(d) To keep the streets lit at night.
6. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
(a) They don't start the fire, but are blamed for it.
(b) By accidentally hitting a hut with a flaming torch.
(c) By purposefully throwing flaming torches.
(d) By trying to light a torch.
7. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) She takes photographs.
(b) She sorts through the office mail.
(c) She delivers a package.
(d) She listens to a speech.
8. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
(a) He is grateful.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He is happy.
9. In "Chapter 2", what do the women sell in the market the striking workers pass?
(b) Books from other countries.
(c) Ready to eat food.
10. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
(a) By following his wife.
(b) Following the train tracks.
(c) Bribing people in the marketplace.
(d) Through his son.
11. Why do the deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To provide protection.
(b) To plan an end to the strike.
(c) To question his role in the strike.
(d) To ask for jobs.
12. What does Ad'jibid'ji say when Niakoro asks her about what washes the water?
(a) She says she knows the answer but won't share it.
(b) She says she doesn't care.
(c) She says she will find the answer.
(d) She says it's a stupid question.
13. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
14. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) Management offices.
(c) Union offices.
(d) Ramatoulaye's house.
15. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Penda ask about the father of Maimouna's children?
2. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
3. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
4. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
5. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)