|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because she wants to eat the ram.
(b) Because the ram hurt her child.
(c) Because the ram is sick.
(d) Because the ram ate her food.
2. What happens after Samba calls in out in favor of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Samba is arrested.
(b) The crowd is attacked by soldiers.
(c) The women protest.
(d) The crowd begins to fall apart.
3. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
(a) He doesn't care about the strike.
(b) It makes him laugh.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) It makes him feel proud.
4. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
(a) He wants to leave it.
(b) He is getting a raise.
(c) He is going to try to become a union leader.
(d) He has been fired.
5. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
(b) N'Deye Touti.
(d) The police.
6. In "Chapter 7", how is Assitan described as a woman?
7. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is grateful.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is unhappy.
8. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(c) Union headquarters.
(d) The river.
9. How many siblings does Strike have?
10. Why do the women overturn trucks in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Because one of them dies during a conflict.
(b) Because the trucks are in their way.
(c) Because a truck ran over a child.
(d) Because the trucks are on fire.
11. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
(a) Because it's French law.
(b) Because Diara is widely disliked.
(c) Because all the other workers were beaten.
(d) Because that's what the Koran dictates.
12. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She threatens him.
(b) She attacks him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She leaves.
13. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With poison.
(d) With a brick.
14. When the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what do the other women do?
(a) Give the police interviews.
(b) Make the police dinner.
(c) Surround her while holding weapons.
(d) Hide in their own houses.
15. In "Chapter 3", what does Dejean tell his supervisors?
(a) That they will negotiate with the union.
(b) That everything is under control.
(c) That they need more support at the factory.
(d) That he wants to quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
2. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
3. Who does the Imam think is running the strike?
4. In "Chapter 7", what does Tiemoko learn about beating the union members who return to work?
5. How does Sounkare die?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)