Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bakayoko's co-leaders call off the striking action in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because they want to rest.
(b) Because management won't negotiate.
(c) Because management wants to meet and talk.
(d) Because they have lost too many people.
2. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
3. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
(a) To transport to the capitol.
(b) As a raise.
(c) To get the strikers back to work.
(d) To buy supplies.
4. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
5. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) In response to the attack on the women.
(b) To protect the injured people in town.
(c) As a show of support for the union.
(d) They don't patrol the streets.
6. How does N'Deye Touti feel about the women confronting the police?
(a) She thinks it is foolish.
(b) She doesn't have an opinion on the confrontation.
(c) She thinks it proves their power.
(d) She thinks it will help the union.
7. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
(a) By following his wife.
(b) Following the train tracks.
(c) Through his son.
(d) Bribing people in the marketplace.
8. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
(a) He wants to leave it.
(b) He is going to try to become a union leader.
(c) He has been fired.
(d) He is getting a raise.
9. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To her mother's house.
(b) To Beaugosse's office.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the compound.
10. After the fire, who does N'Deye Touti think of?
(a) Mame Sofi.
(b) Her mother.
11. What happens after Samba calls in out in favor of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Samba is arrested.
(b) The women protest.
(c) The crowd begins to fall apart.
(d) The crowd is attacked by soldiers.
12. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Starting a fire.
(b) Balza asking her to.
(c) Seeing a dead body.
(d) Getting arrested.
13. Why is Bachirou threatened with violence in "Chapter 2"?
(a) For trying to stop the strike.
(b) For hurting another worker.
(c) For arriving late.
(d) For speaking French.
14. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
(a) About how to prepare ram for eating.
(b) About the importance of courage.
(c) About how fate works.
(d) About her family history.
15. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
2. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
3. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
4. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
5. Who treats Maimouna's wounds in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)