|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To help them escape the village.
(b) To keep the streets lit at night.
(c) To burn down the management offices.
(d) To protect them from the police.
2. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With poison.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a brick.
(d) With a gun.
3. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To Beaugosse's office.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the compound.
(d) To her mother's house.
4. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
5. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
6. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
(a) To practice hunting.
(b) To control their population.
(c) To eat them.
(d) To impress a woman.
7. What do the women in the cart do when their horse gets stuck in "Chapter 4"?
(a) They try to get the horse out.
(b) They argue with each other.
(c) They call for help.
(d) They decide to walk instead.
8. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Plan the union strike.
(c) Cook food.
(d) Sew for the men.
9. At the end of "Chapter 7", what does the narrator say has failed?
(a) A chance for peace.
(b) The French.
(d) Union negotiations.
10. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
11. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
(a) To have a new job.
(b) To try to end the strike.
(c) To try to feel equal.
(d) To make more money.
12. Why do the women overturn trucks in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Because the trucks are on fire.
(b) Because one of them dies during a conflict.
(c) Because the trucks are in their way.
(d) Because a truck ran over a child.
13. What does Niakoro resent about Ad'jibid'ji?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her family life.
(d) Her beauty.
14. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He tells them to leave.
(b) He watches them.
(c) He encourages them.
(d) He reports them.
15. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She cries.
(b) She threatens him.
(c) She attacks him.
(d) She leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beaugosse do when the fire breaks out in "Chapter 9"?
2. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
4. In "Chapter 7", how is Assitan described as a woman?
5. When Diara returns to work, how does Tiemoko try to track him down?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)