|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
2. How does N'Deye Touti feel about the women confronting the police?
(a) She thinks it is foolish.
(b) She thinks it proves their power.
(c) She thinks it will help the union.
(d) She doesn't have an opinion on the confrontation.
3. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She steals the water.
(b) She bribes him.
(c) She begs him.
(d) She bullies him.
4. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
(a) They are looking for Keita.
(b) They are searching for weapons.
(c) They are robbing them.
(d) They routinely beat them.
5. In "Chapter 6", what does the narrator say people began to talk about when they spoke of the strike?
(a) They started siding with the management.
(b) They stopped speaking about the strike.
(c) They focused on God when talking about the strike.
(d) They planned for a new union.
6. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) She listens to a speech.
(b) She sorts through the office mail.
(c) She takes photographs.
(d) She delivers a package.
7. In "Chapter 9", why does the police officer comment on N'Deye Touti's appearance in front of her?
(a) He knows Bakayoko and wants to make him angry.
(b) He doesn't think she understands him.
(c) He wants to scare her.
(d) He wants to get her attention.
8. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
(a) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(b) Because she spends a lot of time with Bakayoko.
(c) Because Bakayoko wanted him to ask her.
(d) Because she keeps talking about Bakayoko.
9. Why does Penda help distribute the food?
(a) She can be trusted with the food.
(b) She likes to spy on the people getting the food.
(c) She wants to control the food.
(d) She is good at keeping order.
10. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
(a) By accidentally hitting a hut with a flaming torch.
(b) By trying to light a torch.
(c) By purposefully throwing flaming torches.
(d) They don't start the fire, but are blamed for it.
11. Why are many men angry at Diara's trial?
(a) Because they want to return to work.
(b) Because they dislike Diara.
(c) Because they like Diara.
(d) Because there are women there.
12. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
(a) She doesn't get out of the marketplace.
(b) With the help of strangers.
(c) By following a fellow seller.
(d) By using a stick to guide her.
13. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a brick.
(d) With poison.
14. In "Chapter 11", how does Penda feel about sharing her bed?
(a) It makes her angry.
(b) She doesn't care about sharing her bed.
(c) It reminds her of what is important.
(d) It makes her feel proud.
15. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
(a) He won't help her get food.
(b) He won't give her a job.
(c) He won't speak to her on the street.
(d) He won't buy clothes for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
2. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
3. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
4. How many siblings does Strike have?
5. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)