|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Starting a fire.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Balza asking her to.
(d) Seeing a dead body.
2. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To help them escape the village.
(b) To keep the streets lit at night.
(c) To burn down the management offices.
(d) To protect them from the police.
3. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
(a) To eat them.
(b) To impress a woman.
(c) To control their population.
(d) To practice hunting.
4. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
(b) N'Deye Touti.
(d) The police.
5. In "Chapter 8", what do the women say about Diara?
(a) That he treated them badly.
(b) That he is innocent.
(c) That he is a confused man.
(d) That he owes them money and food.
6. At Diara's trial, why is it suggested that he be flogged?
(a) Because all the other workers were beaten.
(b) Because Diara is widely disliked.
(c) Because that's what the Koran dictates.
(d) Because it's French law.
7. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To borrow a book.
(b) To loan him money.
(c) To have coffee.
(d) To meet a woman.
8. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) As a show of support for the union.
(b) To protect the injured people in town.
(c) They don't patrol the streets.
(d) In response to the attack on the women.
9. Who does the Imam think is running the strike?
(c) The French.
(d) The women.
10. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) How successful it was.
(b) The loss it caused.
(c) The week without pay.
(d) How long it was.
11. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe the strikers?
12. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
(a) They are robbing them.
(b) They are searching for weapons.
(c) They are looking for Keita.
(d) They routinely beat them.
13. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
14. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Her short attention span.
(b) How she speaks French.
(c) Her poor use of grammar.
(d) How gossipy she is.
15. What do the women in the cart do when their horse gets stuck in "Chapter 4"?
(a) They decide to walk instead.
(b) They try to get the horse out.
(c) They argue with each other.
(d) They call for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
2. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
3. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
4. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
5. How does Bachirou feel about striking?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)