|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sounkare visit friends in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To rally support for the strike.
(b) To find food.
(c) To gossip.
(d) To look for someone.
2. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
(c) One night.
3. When the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what do the other women do?
(a) Make the police dinner.
(b) Give the police interviews.
(c) Surround her while holding weapons.
(d) Hide in their own houses.
4. Who does the Imam think is running the strike?
(a) The women.
(d) The French.
5. Why do Bakayoko's co-leaders call off the striking action in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because management won't negotiate.
(b) Because management wants to meet and talk.
(c) Because they have lost too many people.
(d) Because they want to rest.
6. How is Maimouna's social status described in "Chapter 2"?
7. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A ram.
8. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
(a) To free Ramatoulaye.
(b) To end the strike.
(c) He doesn't negotiate with the police.
(d) To spy on the police.
9. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(b) Learning French.
(c) Stealing from her stand.
(d) Touching her children.
10. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
(a) A police office.
(b) No one.
(d) A group of unionists.
11. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
(a) By trying to light a torch.
(b) By accidentally hitting a hut with a flaming torch.
(c) By purposefully throwing flaming torches.
(d) They don't start the fire, but are blamed for it.
12. What does Beaugosse do when the fire breaks out in "Chapter 9"?
(a) He isn't in town when the fire starts.
(b) He takes cover.
(c) He begins starting fires also.
(d) He fights it for hours.
13. What does Ad'jibid'ji say when Niakoro asks her about what washes the water?
(a) She says she will find the answer.
(b) She says she knows the answer but won't share it.
(c) She says it's a stupid question.
(d) She says she doesn't care.
14. In "Chapter 3", what does Dejean tell his supervisors?
(a) That he wants to quit.
(b) That they will negotiate with the union.
(c) That everything is under control.
(d) That they need more support at the factory.
15. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of the food he eats.
(b) Because of his fear of the strike.
(c) Because of his clothing.
(d) Because of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
2. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
3. Why do the women overturn trucks in "Chapter 9"?
4. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
5. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)