|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 7", how many union members are discovered to have returned to work?
2. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
(a) Because of the books she has read.
(b) Because her father was an ambassador.
(c) Because of all the languages she knows.
(d) Because of her travels.
3. Who does the Imam think is running the strike?
(a) The women.
(b) The French.
4. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
5. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
6. In "Chapter 3", what does Dejean tell his supervisors?
(a) That they need more support at the factory.
(b) That they will negotiate with the union.
(c) That he wants to quit.
(d) That everything is under control.
7. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
(a) To buy supplies.
(b) As a raise.
(c) To transport to the capitol.
(d) To get the strikers back to work.
8. How is Maimouna's social status described in "Chapter 2"?
9. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(a) The river.
(d) Union headquarters.
10. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
(a) About her family history.
(b) About the importance of courage.
(c) About how fate works.
(d) About how to prepare ram for eating.
11. Who discovers Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro after they are beaten?
(c) A French soldier.
12. Where does "Chapter 10" take place?
(c) The capital.
13. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To Beaugosse's office.
(b) To the compound.
(c) To the river.
(d) To her mother's house.
14. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
(a) Because she keeps talking about Bakayoko.
(b) Because Bakayoko wanted him to ask her.
(c) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(d) Because she spends a lot of time with Bakayoko.
15. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) How successful it was.
(b) The week without pay.
(c) The loss it caused.
(d) How long it was.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 8", what do the women say about Diara?
2. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
3. After the fire, who does N'Deye Touti think of?
4. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
5. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)