|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Her short attention span.
(b) How she speaks French.
(c) Her poor use of grammar.
(d) How gossipy she is.
2. Why does Penda ask about the father of Maimouna's children?
(a) Penda doesn't talk to Maimouna about her children.
(b) Because she wants to get to know her better.
(c) Because she wants to find him.
(d) Because she heard a rumor.
3. Why is it suggested that Beaugosse take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) So he can increase their numbers.
(b) Because he is the strongest.
(c) So he can meet Bakayoko.
(d) Because he is the best speaker.
4. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With poison.
(d) With a brick.
5. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
(a) He tried to return to work, too.
(b) He took Diara to trial.
(c) He replaced Diara's job.
(d) He had Diara exiled.
6. Why does Penda help distribute the food?
(a) She can be trusted with the food.
(b) She is good at keeping order.
(c) She likes to spy on the people getting the food.
(d) She wants to control the food.
7. In "Chapter 9", where is Beaugosse told to travel?
(b) Union headquarters.
(c) The river.
8. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
(a) Because her father was an ambassador.
(b) Because of the books she has read.
(c) Because of her travels.
(d) Because of all the languages she knows.
9. Why does Ramatoulaye decide to go to the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Because she feels she has caused enough trouble.
(b) Because she wants to stop the fighting.
(c) Because she thinks she can trick them.
(d) Because she needs their help.
10. In "Chapter 11", how does Penda feel about sharing her bed?
(a) It makes her feel proud.
(b) She doesn't care about sharing her bed.
(c) It makes her angry.
(d) It reminds her of what is important.
11. Why does Beaugosse want to know how N'Deye Touti feels about Bakayoko?
(a) Because she keeps talking about Bakayoko.
(b) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(c) Because Bakayoko wanted him to ask her.
(d) Because she spends a lot of time with Bakayoko.
12. Who does Keita argue with about the strike after the meeting in "Chapter 1"?
13. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) As a show of support for the union.
(b) In response to the attack on the women.
(c) To protect the injured people in town.
(d) They don't patrol the streets.
14. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
(b) The police.
(c) N'Deye Touti.
15. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Stealing from her stand.
(b) Touching her children.
(c) Learning French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
2. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
4. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
5. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)