Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tiemoko visit Bakayoko in "Chapter 7"?
(a) To meet a woman.
(b) To loan him money.
(c) To borrow a book.
(d) To have coffee.
2. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
(a) The water pitcher.
(b) Respect of her friends.
(c) A new cart.
(d) A single dollar.
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of his fear of the strike.
(b) Because of his wife.
(c) Because of the food he eats.
(d) Because of his clothing.
4. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
(a) If men are dogs.
(b) If people are sinners.
(c) If children are saints.
(d) If women are warriors.
5. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She steals the water.
(b) She begs him.
(c) She bribes him.
(d) She bullies him.
6. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
7. Who does Tiemoko take with him to arrest Diara?
(b) A police office.
(c) A group of unionists.
(d) No one.
8. Why do Bakayoko's co-leaders call off the striking action in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Because they have lost too many people.
(b) Because they want to rest.
(c) Because management won't negotiate.
(d) Because management wants to meet and talk.
9. In "Chapter 3", how does Maimouna make her way out of the marketplace?
(a) She doesn't get out of the marketplace.
(b) With the help of strangers.
(c) By using a stick to guide her.
(d) By following a fellow seller.
10. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She attacks him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She threatens him.
11. In "Chapter 5", what does N'Deye Touti say she likes about Bakayoko?
(a) His writing.
(b) His rejection of polygamy.
(c) His education.
(d) His government job.
12. Why does Ramatoulaye decide to go to the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Because she thinks she can trick them.
(b) Because she needs their help.
(c) Because she wants to stop the fighting.
(d) Because she feels she has caused enough trouble.
13. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
(a) Plan the union strike.
(b) Cook food.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Sew for the men.
14. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Stealing from her stand.
(b) Touching her children.
(c) Learning French.
15. Where does N'Deye Touti go after leaving the police in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To Beaugosse's office.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To the compound.
(d) To the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
2. After killing the ram in "Chapter 6", what does Ramatoulaye remind the other women?
3. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
4. What was Bakayoko's role before he went missing?
5. In "Chapter 7", why do the French soldiers beat Ad'jibid'ji and Niakoro?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)