|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
(d) One night.
2. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
(a) They stole it.
(b) A group of men gave them food.
(c) A woman helped them out.
(d) They have jobs in a different town.
3. Why does Keita face east during his exercise break in "Chapter 18"?
(a) To try to see out a crack in the wall.
(b) He faces west.
(c) To watch the sun rise.
(d) To pray.
4. How does N'Deye Touti feel about being a second wife?
(a) She would rather be a third wife for Bakayoko.
(b) She supports it for other people, but not for herself.
(c) She thinks its an honorable title.
(d) She dislikes it, but would be a second wife for Bakayoko.
5. Where do Bakayoko and N'Deye Touti meet in "Chapter 18"?
(a) N'Deye Touti's house.
(b) The union offices.
(c) The shore.
(d) The market.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 6", what does the narrator say people began to talk about when they spoke of the strike?
2. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
3. How does Diara feel at the end of his trial?
4. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
5. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)