|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mame Sofi want the women to use flaming torches in "Chapter 9"?
(a) To keep the streets lit at night.
(b) To help them escape the village.
(c) To burn down the management offices.
(d) To protect them from the police.
2. In "Chapter 9", why do the women patrol the streets?
(a) They don't patrol the streets.
(b) In response to the attack on the women.
(c) As a show of support for the union.
(d) To protect the injured people in town.
3. What does N'Deye Touti do when the police officer comments on her appearance in "Chapter 9"?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She attacks him.
(d) She threatens him.
4. How does Tiemoko feel at the end of Diara's trial?
5. How do Mame Sofi and the women start a fire in the village?
(a) By purposefully throwing flaming torches.
(b) By accidentally hitting a hut with a flaming torch.
(c) They don't start the fire, but are blamed for it.
(d) By trying to light a torch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does N'Deye Touti do to show her support for the compound after Bakayoko leaves in "Chapter 17"?
2. In "Chapter 12", how does Doudou feel about his position in the union?
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
4. How does Lahbib calm down Bakayoko when he learns of Gorgui's death?
5. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)