|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
2. In "Chapter 1", how do the train workers decide to strike?
(a) They don't decide anything about the strike.
(b) They take a vote.
(c) The leader decides.
(d) The wives of the workers decide.
3. What makes Ramatoulaye consider apologizing to the other women in "Chapter 9"?
(a) Balza asking her to.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Starting a fire.
(d) Seeing a dead body.
4. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Learning French.
(c) Stealing from her stand.
(d) Touching her children.
5. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
(a) People from different villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
2. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
3. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
4. At the end of "Chapter 7", what does the narrator say has failed?
5. Why does Penda help distribute the food?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)