|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
(a) They stole it.
(b) They have jobs in a different town.
(c) A woman helped them out.
(d) A group of men gave them food.
2. Why is Bachirou threatened with violence in "Chapter 2"?
(a) For speaking French.
(b) For trying to stop the strike.
(c) For hurting another worker.
(d) For arriving late.
3. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
(a) To have a new job.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To try to feel equal.
(d) To try to end the strike.
4. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a brick.
(b) With a gun.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With poison.
5. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
(a) They move quickly.
(b) They are quiet.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They act tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
2. What does Maimouna warn Samba against in "Chapter 2"?
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
4. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
5. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)