|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ramatoulaye argue with a shopkeeper in "Chapter 4"?
(a) Because she doesn't like what the shop is selling.
(b) Because she wants a better price.
(c) Because she wants a job.
(d) Because she is denied credit.
2. In "Chapter 2", how do the residents of Thies act as they wake up?
(a) They move quickly.
(b) They are quiet.
(c) They act tired.
(d) They are angry.
3. How is Maimouna's social status described in "Chapter 2"?
4. What is Samba's role as a train worker?
(c) Office worker.
5. Who takes over the workers jobs when they strike in "Chapter 3"?
(d) People from different villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Keita argue with about the strike after the meeting in "Chapter 1"?
2. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why is Bachirou threatened with violence in "Chapter 2"?
4. What do the women in the cart do when their horse gets stuck in "Chapter 4"?
5. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)