|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakary do when the men arrive to strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) He encourages them.
(b) He reports them.
(c) He tells them to leave.
(d) He watches them.
2. What happens after Samba calls in out in favor of the strike in "Chapter 2"?
(a) Samba is arrested.
(b) The crowd begins to fall apart.
(c) The crowd is attacked by soldiers.
(d) The women protest.
3. Who treats Maimouna's wounds in "Chapter 3"?
(c) She does it herself.
4. Who does Beaugosse feel is really running the strike?
(d) The French.
5. What does Ramatoulaye's brother keep as a pet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A ram.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ramatoulaye argue with a shopkeeper in "Chapter 4"?
2. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
3. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
4. How is Maimouna's social status described in "Chapter 2"?
5. In "Chapter 3", what does Dejean tell his supervisors?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)