|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
2. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
3. What is Sounkare's job?
(b) Office worker.
(c) Train mechanic.
(d) Head watchman.
4. In "Chapter 4", why do the union members tease Beaugosse?
(a) Because of the food he eats.
(b) Because of his clothing.
(c) Because of his fear of the strike.
(d) Because of his wife.
5. Why does Ramatoulaye threaten to kill her brother's pet?
(a) He won't help her get food.
(b) He won't give her a job.
(c) He won't buy clothes for her.
(d) He won't speak to her on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
2. Who does Beaugosse feel is really running the strike?
3. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
4. In "Chapter 2", what do the women sell in the market the striking workers pass?
5. Who does the narrator say knows who the father of Maimouna's twins is?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)