|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Her poor use of grammar.
(b) How she speaks French.
(c) Her short attention span.
(d) How gossipy she is.
2. At the end of "Chapter 3", how much time passes?
(a) One night.
3. How does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With poison.
(d) With a brick.
4. In "Chapter 9", how does N'Deye Touti learn that the police want to arrest Ramatoulaye?
(a) She bribes the police.
(b) She overhears the police talking.
(c) Bakayoko tells her.
(d) Ramatoulaye gets a letter from the police.
5. In "Chapter 17", what do the business owners want to do regarding the strike?
(a) Control the strikers.
(b) Avoid working with management.
(c) Take control of the trains.
(d) Give the strikers money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mame Sofi try to confront in "Chapter 9"?
2. What does Beaugosse do when it is suggested he take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
3. In "Chapter 15", what does Bakayoko tell Dejean his group's feelings toward the French are?
4. In "Chapter 3", how many workers are killed in the battle?
5. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)