|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierre feel about Bakayoko's return?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is excited.
2. Who lives at N'diayene?
(a) The elderly.
(b) Women and children.
(c) Former union workers.
3. How is Penda related to Dieynaba?
(a) She is Dieynaba's neighbor.
(b) She is Dieynaba's neice.
(c) She is Dieynaba's foster child.
(d) She is Dieynaba's step-child.
4. Why is it suggested that Beaugosse take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) So he can increase their numbers.
(b) So he can meet Bakayoko.
(c) Because he is the best speaker.
(d) Because he is the strongest.
5. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
(a) By themselves.
(b) In front of the train offices.
(c) Around the union offices.
(d) Near the villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
2. At the end of "Chapter 7", what does the narrator say has failed?
3. In "Chapter 10", how does Sounkare describe his life as he visits the strike committee?
4. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
5. Who does Beaugosse feel is really running the strike?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)