|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9", why does the Imam negotiate with the police?
(a) To free Ramatoulaye.
(b) To spy on the police.
(c) He doesn't negotiate with the police.
(d) To end the strike.
2. Why is Bachirou threatened with violence in "Chapter 2"?
(a) For arriving late.
(b) For trying to stop the strike.
(c) For speaking French.
(d) For hurting another worker.
3. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
(a) To control their population.
(b) To practice hunting.
(c) To eat them.
(d) To impress a woman.
4. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
(a) To have a new job.
(b) To try to end the strike.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To try to feel equal.
5. In "Chapter 6", what does the narrator say people began to talk about when they spoke of the strike?
(a) They stopped speaking about the strike.
(b) They focused on God when talking about the strike.
(c) They planned for a new union.
(d) They started siding with the management.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keita do when the crowd gets emotional at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
2. How do the apprentices test their sling shots?
3. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
4. How many deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
5. When the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what do the other women do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)