|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
(a) He wants to leave it.
(b) He is going to try to become a union leader.
(c) He has been fired.
(d) He is getting a raise.
2. Where do Bakayoko's co-leaders decide to put guards after the deadly battle in "Chapter 3"?
(a) Around the union offices.
(b) In front of the train offices.
(c) Near the villages.
(d) By themselves.
3. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
(a) They have jobs in a different town.
(b) A woman helped them out.
(c) They stole it.
(d) A group of men gave them food.
4. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) She sorts through the office mail.
(b) She takes photographs.
(c) She delivers a package.
(d) She listens to a speech.
5. Who does the narrator say knows who the father of Maimouna's twins is?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Everyone knows.
(c) Samba knows.
(d) Only her family knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 1", how do the train workers decide to strike?
2. What happens to Niakoro after she is beaten in "Chapter 7"?
3. When the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what do the other women do?
4. What does Tiemoko do when he realizes Diara returned to work?
5. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)