|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dejean want to start a rival union?
(a) To try to feel equal.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To try to end the strike.
(d) To have a new job.
2. How does Mame Sofi get the water seller to leave the water behind in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She bullies him.
(b) She steals the water.
(c) She bribes him.
(d) She begs him.
3. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
(a) He wants to leave it.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) He is getting a raise.
(d) He is going to try to become a union leader.
4. What do the women in the cart do when their horse gets stuck in "Chapter 4"?
(a) They decide to walk instead.
(b) They argue with each other.
(c) They try to get the horse out.
(d) They call for help.
5. Why is it suggested that Beaugosse take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
(a) So he can increase their numbers.
(b) Because he is the best speaker.
(c) Because he is the strongest.
(d) So he can meet Bakayoko.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the police come for Ramatoulaye in "Chapter 6", what happens?
2. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
3. Who does Keita argue with about the strike after the meeting in "Chapter 1"?
4. What does Beaugosse do when it is suggested he take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
5. In "Chapter 4", why do the women in the cart have food?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)