|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
(a) To eat them.
(b) To practice hunting.
(c) To control their population.
(d) To impress a woman.
2. Who wants the apprentices to steal rice?
3. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
(a) To buy supplies.
(b) To get the strikers back to work.
(c) As a raise.
(d) To transport to the capitol.
4. How do the apprentices first treat the strike?
(a) Like a vacation.
(b) Like a joke.
(c) Like an adventure.
(d) Like a problem.
5. What does Mame Sofi get along with the water in "Chapter 5"?
(a) A single dollar.
(b) The water pitcher.
(c) A new cart.
(d) Respect of her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the deputies visit with Dejean in "Chapter 3"?
2. Who lives at N'diayene?
3. As the strike continues, how do the apprentices feel about it?
4. Why do the women of Thies gather at Dieynaba's?
5. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)