|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sounkare visit friends in "Chapter 10"?
(a) To find food.
(b) To gossip.
(c) To rally support for the strike.
(d) To look for someone.
2. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
(a) To impress a woman.
(b) To control their population.
(c) To practice hunting.
(d) To eat them.
3. Why is Doudou offered money in "Chapter 12"?
(a) To buy supplies.
(b) As a raise.
(c) To transport to the capitol.
(d) To get the strikers back to work.
4. Why does Penda ask about the father of Maimouna's children?
(a) Because she wants to get to know her better.
(b) Because she wants to find him.
(c) Because she heard a rumor.
(d) Penda doesn't talk to Maimouna about her children.
5. In "Chapter 16", what does Boubacar enjoy about the march?
(a) All the women.
(b) Getting away from Thies.
(c) Getting to fight.
(d) Helping Penda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sounkare after he dies?
2. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
3. How does Beaugosse feel when he leaves N'Deye Touti in "Chapter 5"?
4. In "Chapter 6", where is Beaugosse when he argues about the strike?
5. What does Beaugosse do when it is suggested he take part in the delegation to meet with Dejean?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)