|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sounkare try to kill rats?
(a) To eat them.
(b) To control their population.
(c) To impress a woman.
(d) To practice hunting.
2. Why does Penda ask about the father of Maimouna's children?
(a) Because she heard a rumor.
(b) Because she wants to find him.
(c) Because she wants to get to know her better.
(d) Penda doesn't talk to Maimouna about her children.
3. What does Maimouna ask Penda about her child in "Chapter 11"?
(a) If the child walks well.
(b) If the child is beautiful.
(c) If the child is in the room.
(d) If the child is healthy.
4. Why does Ramatoulaye kill the ram in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Because the ram is sick.
(b) Because she wants to eat the ram.
(c) Because the ram hurt her child.
(d) Because the ram ate her food.
5. Why is N'Deye Touti described as being "worldly"?
(a) Because her father was an ambassador.
(b) Because of her travels.
(c) Because of all the languages she knows.
(d) Because of the books she has read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives at N'diayene?
2. In "Chapter 11", what do Penda and Maimouna discuss?
3. How many siblings does Strike have?
4. What do the women do when they meet at Dieynaba's?
5. In "Chapter 5", what does Beaugosse reveal about his job?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)