Chapters 1 and 2
1. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) The week without pay.
(b) The loss it caused.
(c) How successful it was.
(d) How long it was.
2. What was Bakayoko's role before he went missing?
(a) School teacher.
(b) Head engineer.
(c) Local farmer.
(d) Union leader.
3. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Her short attention span.
(b) How gossipy she is.
(c) Her poor use of grammar.
(d) How she speaks French.
4. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) She takes photographs.
(b) She delivers a package.
(c) She listens to a speech.
(d) She sorts through the office mail.
5. What does Keita do when the crowd gets emotional at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He calms the crowd down.
(b) He leaves the meeting.
(c) He gets the crowd more worked up.
(d) He laughs at the people at the meeting.
This section contains 4,696 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)