Chapters 1 and 2
1. In "Chapter 1", what does Niakoro remember about the first train-workers' strike?
(a) How successful it was.
(b) How long it was.
(c) The loss it caused.
(d) The week without pay.
2. What was Bakayoko's role before he went missing?
(a) Head engineer.
(b) School teacher.
(c) Local farmer.
(d) Union leader.
3. What angers Niakoro about speaking with Ad'jibid'ji in "Chapter 1"?
(a) How she speaks French.
(b) How gossipy she is.
(c) Her poor use of grammar.
(d) Her short attention span.
4. What does Ad'jibid'ji first do when she goes to the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) She delivers a package.
(b) She listens to a speech.
(c) She sorts through the office mail.
(d) She takes photographs.
5. What does Keita do when the crowd gets emotional at the strike meeting in "Chapter 1"?
(a) He laughs at the people at the meeting.
(b) He gets the crowd more worked up.
(c) He leaves the meeting.
(d) He calms the crowd down.
This section contains 4,696 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)