Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
3. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
4. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
5. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
Describe at least 4 ways that the novel is changed -- either positively or negatively -- by having such detailed battle scenes. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Gods and Generals" and discuss what they contribute and/or take away from the text, given that, at this time, war and government was reserved primarily for men.
Historical fiction, and "Gods and Generals" in particular, are an especially popular type of novel. Discuss at least 4 aspects of Shaara's writing style that resonates so strongly with such a large audience, citing specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)