|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Jackson as he is recovering from his war wounds?
2. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
3. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
4. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
5. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one female character in the novel and describe at least 3 things that Shaara is able to do with her character because she is a woman AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Hancock is a good role model for young readers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Gods and Generals" and discuss what they contribute and/or take away from the text, given that, at this time, war and government was reserved primarily for men.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)