Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
3. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
4. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
5. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Gods and Generals" that can easily be carried over into a second novel chronicling the main characters' involvement in the Civil War.
Essay Topic 2
Present a well-reasoned paper arguing whether the reader is supposed to find Lee a likable (patriotic, dedicated, intelligent) character OR an unlikable (fighting for slavery, morose, rigid) character. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Hancock is a good role model for young readers.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)