|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
2. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
3. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
4. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
5. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
3. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
4. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
5. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
6. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
7. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
8. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
9. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
10. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 3 negative aspects of having both the South and the North's viewpoint represented in "Gods and Generals" AND at least 3 positive aspects of having both the South and the North's viewpoint represented.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Shaara uses to create tension in "Gods and Generals."
Essay Topic 3
Choose one female character in the novel and describe at least 3 things that Shaara is able to do with her character because she is a woman AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)