Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
3. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
4. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
5. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Shaara portrays authority figures in "Gods and Generals," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 ways that the violence and/or battle scenes in "Gods and Generals" are gratuitously violent and why such violence takes away from the plot and/or rest of the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 4 features of Robert E. Lee and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain -- even though this novel is historical fiction.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)