|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
2. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
3. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
4. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
5. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
2. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
3. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
4. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
5. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
6. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
7. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
8. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
9. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
10. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Gods and Generals" and discuss what they contribute and/or take away from the text, given that, at this time, war and government was reserved primarily for men.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Gods and Generals," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Shaara portrays authority figures in "Gods and Generals," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)