|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
2. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
3. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
4. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
5. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Shaara uses to create tension in "Gods and Generals."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Gods and Generals" that can easily be carried over into a second novel chronicling the main characters' involvement in the Civil War.
Essay Topic 3
Present a well-reasoned paper arguing whether the reader is supposed to find Lee a likable (patriotic, dedicated, intelligent) character OR an unlikable (fighting for slavery, morose, rigid) character. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)