|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
2. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
3. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
4. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
5. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
2. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
3. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
4. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
5. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
6. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
7. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
8. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
9. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
10. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Shaara portrays authority figures in "Gods and Generals," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Gods and Generals" and discuss what they contribute and/or take away from the text, given that, at this time, war and government was reserved primarily for men.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Gods and Generals," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)