|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Jackson as he is recovering from his war wounds?
2. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
3. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
4. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
5. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
2. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
3. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
4. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
6. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
7. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
8. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
9. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
10. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one female character in the novel and describe at least 3 things that Shaara is able to do with her character because she is a woman AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Gods and Generals" and discuss what they contribute and/or take away from the text, given that, at this time, war and government was reserved primarily for men.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 reasons why "Gods and Generals" could be classified in a genre other than historical fiction, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)