Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
3. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
4. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
5. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Gods and Generals" and discuss what they contribute and/or take away from the text, given that, at this time, war and government was reserved primarily for men.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author like Shaara faces when writing historical fiction. Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Gods and Generals" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Shaara uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)