|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
2. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
3. Who comes to visit Jackson as he is recovering from his war wounds?
4. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
5. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Shaara portrays authority figures in "Gods and Generals," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the first 4 chapters of "Gods and Generals":
1) set the tone for the rest of the novel, and 2) introduce at least 1 key fact about Lee, Chamberlain, and Jackson that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Gods and Generals" that can easily be carried over into a second novel chronicling the main characters' involvement in the Civil War.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)