Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hancock told will happen if Lincoln wins the election?
2. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
3. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
4. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
5. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the time when General Scott offers Lee the chance to be second in command of the union army and when Lee chooses to resign?
2. What happens after Lincoln comes to visit McClellan on the battlefield?
3. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
4. What tension exists in California (in addition to the possibility of civil war) when Hancock is introduced into the text?
5. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
6. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
7. How does Chamberlain's wife respond to the news that he has joined the army?
8. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. What is tricky about Hancock's arrive in Yorktown before the first battle over Richmond?
10. What happens to Lee's belongings while he is in Texas after the election?
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Gods and Generals," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Hancock is a good role model for young readers.
Describe at least 4 features of Robert E. Lee and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain -- even though this novel is historical fiction.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)