|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(b) From General to Colonel.
(c) From Colonel to General.
(d) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
2. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Boats and canoes.
(b) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(c) The Rappahannock River.
(d) The Susquehannah Mountains.
3. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city hall.
(b) The home of John Corbin.
(c) The city library.
(d) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
5. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Washington.
(c) General Chamberlain.
(d) General Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
2. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
3. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
4. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
5. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
2. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
3. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
4. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
5. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
6. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
7. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
8. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
9. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
10. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)