|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Pray for 30 minutes.
(b) March around the Union lines.
(c) Have too much to drink.
(d) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
2. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His wife's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) The baby's.
3. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) Men on horseback.
(b) The bodyguards.
(c) The slaves being forced to build the bridge.
(d) The engineers.
4. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(b) Only one.
5. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Inside town.
(b) Right outside of town.
(c) At the local college.
(d) In the forest and at night, so no one sees them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
2. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
3. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
4. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
5. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
2. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
3. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
4. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
5. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
6. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
7. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
8. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
10. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)