|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(b) Only a battalion or two.
(c) Just skirmishers.
(d) Lee's entire army.
2. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The telegram office.
(c) The telegraph office.
(d) Back to his tent.
3. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) An eyescope.
(b) The fog.
(d) Heavy, heavy rain.
4. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) February 11.
(b) December 11.
(c) April 11.
(d) May 11.
5. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) It has crocodiles in it.
(b) It is frozen solid.
(c) It has poisonous snakes.
(d) It has a secret bridge for the soldiers to cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
2. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
3. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
4. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
5. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
3. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
4. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
5. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
6. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
7. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
8. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
9. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
10. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)