|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane die?
(a) She drowns in a lake.
(b) She dies of hunger.
(c) From scarlet fever.
(d) She is murdered.
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(d) Vice President.
3. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further south.
(b) Advance further east.
(c) Advance further north.
(d) Advance further west.
4. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Distract the enemy from it.
(b) Exploit it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Plug it.
5. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(b) Only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
2. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
3. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
4. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
5. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
2. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
3. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
4. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
6. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
7. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
8. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
9. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
10. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)