|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
(a) He has lost his nerve.
(b) He wants to wait for reinforcements.
(c) He has gone insane.
(d) He knows he is greatly outnumbered.
2. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
(a) To defend Texas.
(b) To defend Georgia and the Carolinas.
(c) To attack the White House.
(d) To spend the summer off, relaxing in Florida.
3. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Rear attack.
(b) Front-line attack.
(c) Front-line defense.
(d) Rear guard.
4. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Exploit it.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Distract the enemy from it.
(d) Plug it.
5. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Lee's entire army.
(b) Only a batallion or two.
(c) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(d) Just skirmishers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
2. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
3. What does Hancock think about why the Confederates are attacking him with such a small force outside of Chancellorsville?
4. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
5. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
2. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
3. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
4. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
5. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
6. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
7. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
8. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
9. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
10. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)