|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) A small batch of infantrymen.
(b) A small batch of cavlary men.
(c) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
(d) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
2. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
(a) The Twentieth Maine.
(b) The Twentieth Maine and the Seventeenth Vermont.
(c) All of the Union forces.
(d) The Twentieth Maine, the Seventeenth Vermont, and the Twelfth New York.
3. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Pray for 30 minutes.
(b) March around the Union lines.
(c) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(d) Have too much to drink.
4. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Virginia decide to rejoin the union.
(b) It becomes even more intense.
(c) It stops for a month of mourning.
(d) It comes to a standstill.
5. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
2. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
3. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
4. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
5. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
2. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
3. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
4. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
5. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
6. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
7. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
8. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
10. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)