|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
(a) Nearly all; he only took one unit.
(b) Less than half.
(c) Less than one-quarter.
(d) Less than one-third.
2. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He runs away in terror.
(b) He is exposed as a traitor.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is called away to take command of another unit.
3. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
4. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(a) Small pox.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
5. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Line up for miles outside his home.
(b) Take a moment of silence.
(c) Give the rebel yell.
(d) Resign from the army in protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
2. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
3. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
4. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
5. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
2. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
3. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
4. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
6. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
7. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
8. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
9. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
10. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)