|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Give the rebel yell.
(b) Take a moment of silence.
(c) Line up for miles outside his home.
(d) Resign from the army in protest.
2. Who comes to visit Jackson as he is recovering from his war wounds?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His wife and daughter.
(c) His sister and mother.
(d) His father and brother.
3. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) In a large field they took over from a farmer.
(b) Throughout the thick woods.
(c) In the homes of the residents.
(d) In government buildings and inns.
4. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
(a) Fight even harder in his name.
(b) Charge at full-speed.
(c) Pull back.
5. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Plug it.
(b) Exploit it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Distract the enemy from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
2. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
3. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
4. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
5. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
2. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
3. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
4. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
6. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
7. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
8. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
9. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
10. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)