|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Front-line defense.
(b) Front-line attack.
(c) Rear attack.
(d) Rear guard.
2. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
(a) Nearly all; he only took one unit.
(b) Less than half.
(c) Less than one-third.
(d) Less than one-quarter.
3. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He runs away in terror.
(c) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(d) He is exposed as a traitor.
4. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The telegram office.
(b) The telegraph office.
(d) Back to his tent.
5. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city library.
(b) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
(c) The city hall.
(d) The home of John Corbin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
3. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
4. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
5. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
2. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
3. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
4. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
5. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
6. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
7. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
8. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
9. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
10. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)