|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jackson think Burnside will start the attack across the Rappahannock River?
(a) December 12.
(b) April 12.
(c) May 12.
(d) February 12.
2. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His wife's.
(c) The baby's.
3. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
(b) Very badly.
(c) Very slowly and painfully.
(d) Very well.
4. Why can't Lee launch one final attack against the Union troops in Fredericksburg?
(a) The men refuse to follow his orders any longer.
(b) They have escaped by the time he attacks.
(c) He is called away to another battle.
(d) He is assassinated.
5. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Exploit it.
(c) Plug it.
(d) Distract the enemy from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
2. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
3. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
4. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
5. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
3. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
4. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
5. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
6. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
7. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
8. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
9. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
10. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)