|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Washington.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Chamberlain.
(d) General Davis.
2. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
(b) Nearly everyone.
3. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(b) Shoulder and hand.
(d) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
4. What major icon is Hancock hoping to storm during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) A mountain top.
(b) A church.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) A college campus.
5. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
(a) In the hills above Fredericksburg.
(b) In a hospital near Scuttleburg.
(c) Outside of Pittsburg.
(d) At Gettysburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
2. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
3. What does Hancock think about why the Confederates are attacking him with such a small force outside of Chancellorsville?
4. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
5. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
2. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
3. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
4. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
6. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
7. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
8. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
9. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
10. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)