|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(c) They celebrate immediately.
(d) They are relieved.
2. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
(b) A small batch of infantrymen.
(c) A small batch of cavlary men.
(d) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
3. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
(d) Nearly everyone.
4. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
(b) A horrible snowstorm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A horrible thunderstorm.
5. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Pray for 30 minutes.
(b) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(c) Have too much to drink.
(d) March around the Union lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
2. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
3. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
4. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
5. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
2. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
3. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
4. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
5. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
6. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
7. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
8. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
9. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
10. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)