|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
(c) Nearly everyone.
2. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
3. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) Everyone dies in it.
(b) It's their last major battle.
(c) It's their first major battle.
(d) No one is even wounded in it.
4. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) Just seconds; they have joined units.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few hours.
5. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
(a) His brother.
(b) His subordinate.
(c) His boss.
(d) His colleague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
2. What major icon is Hancock hoping to storm during the battle of Fredericksburg?
3. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
4. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
5. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
2. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
3. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
4. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
5. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
6. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
7. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
8. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
10. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)