|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Small pox.
(d) Chicken pox.
2. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Very badly.
(b) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
(c) Very well.
(d) Very slowly and painfully.
3. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) A small batch of infantrymen.
(b) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
(c) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
(d) A small batch of cavlary men.
4. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
(a) Chamberlain takes over.
(b) The unit collapses.
(c) The unit takes heavy casualties because they have lost their leadership.
(d) The troops rejoice.
5. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city hall.
(b) The home of John Corbin.
(c) The city library.
(d) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
2. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
3. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
4. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
5. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
3. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
4. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
5. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
6. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
7. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
8. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
10. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)