|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
(b) Very badly.
(c) Very slowly and painfully.
(d) Very well.
2. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) It has crocodiles in it.
(b) It is frozen solid.
(c) It has a secret bridge for the soldiers to cross.
(d) It has poisonous snakes.
3. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) Everyone dies in it.
(b) It's their first major battle.
(c) It's their last major battle.
(d) No one is even wounded in it.
4. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Boats and canoes.
(b) The Rappahannock River.
(c) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(d) The Susquehannah Mountains.
5. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
(a) In the hills above Fredericksburg.
(b) At Gettysburg.
(c) In a hospital near Scuttleburg.
(d) Outside of Pittsburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
2. What does Hancock think about why the Confederates are attacking him with such a small force outside of Chancellorsville?
3. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
4. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
5. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
2. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
3. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
4. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
5. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
6. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
7. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
8. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
10. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)