|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Shoulder and hand.
(b) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
2. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From General to Colonel.
(b) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(c) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to General.
3. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Trying to rally them.
(b) Taking care of the wounded.
(c) Praying with his men.
(d) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
4. What major icon is Hancock hoping to storm during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) A stone wall.
(b) A college campus.
(c) A church.
(d) A mountain top.
5. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
(b) By moving his forces south.
(c) By writing his autobiography.
(d) By moving his forces north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
3. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
4. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
5. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
2. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
3. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
4. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
5. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
6. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
7. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
8. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
9. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
10. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)