|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General French.
(b) General English.
(c) General Espana.
(d) General Deustch.
2. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
(a) To defend Georgia and the Carolinas.
(b) To spend the summer off, relaxing in Florida.
(c) To attack the White House.
(d) To defend Texas.
3. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They celebrate immediately.
(d) They are relieved.
4. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) A beloved letter from his wife.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His horse.
(d) His left arm.
5. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(b) They retreat.
(c) They use bows and arrows.
(d) They start their music before fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
2. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
3. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
4. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
5. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
2. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
3. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
4. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
6. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
7. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
8. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
9. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
10. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)