|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
2. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(b) They use bows and arrows.
(c) They start their music before fighting.
(d) They retreat.
3. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
(a) Pull back.
(b) Charge at full-speed.
(d) Fight even harder in his name.
4. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Boats and canoes.
(b) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(c) The Rappahannock River.
(d) The Susquehannah Mountains.
5. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Set up the cannons.
(b) Dig trenches.
(c) Build walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
2. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
3. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
4. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
5. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
2. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
3. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
4. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
5. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
6. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
7. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
8. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
9. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
10. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)