|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
(b) Charge at full-speed.
(c) Pull back.
(d) Fight even harder in his name.
2. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(b) March around the Union lines.
(c) Pray for 30 minutes.
(d) Have too much to drink.
3. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Just skirmishers.
(b) Lee's entire army.
(c) Only a batallion or two.
(d) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
4. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(b) The telegram office.
(c) Back to his tent.
(d) The telegraph office.
5. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The home of John Corbin.
(b) The city hall.
(c) The city library.
(d) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
2. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
3. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
4. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
5. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
2. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
3. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
4. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
5. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
6. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
7. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
8. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
9. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
10. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)