|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Exploit it.
(b) Plug it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Distract the enemy from it.
2. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) At lunchtime.
(b) Before breakfast.
(c) At nightfall.
(d) After breakfast.
3. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(d) No one.
4. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) It is frozen solid.
(b) It has a secret bridge for the soldiers to cross.
(c) It has poisonous snakes.
(d) It has crocodiles in it.
5. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
(a) Because they are sustaining very heavy losses.
(b) Because they received orders to do so.
(c) Because they have been told to defend Chancellorsville at all costs.
(d) Because someone misread a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
2. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
3. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
4. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
5. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
3. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
4. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
5. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
6. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
7. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
8. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
9. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
10. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)