|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
2. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Washington.
(c) General Davis.
(d) General Chamberlain.
3. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) An eyescope.
(b) The fog.
(c) Heavy, heavy rain.
4. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
(b) A small batch of infantrymen.
(c) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
(d) A small batch of cavlary men.
5. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(b) Vice President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
2. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
3. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
4. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
5. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
2. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
3. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
4. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
5. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
6. What happens at the scene of Jackson's death?
7. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
8. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
9. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
10. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)