|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
2. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(d) No one.
3. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
4. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) A small batch of infantrymen.
(b) A small batch of cavlary men.
(c) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
(d) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
5. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General French.
(b) General Espana.
(c) General English.
(d) General Deustch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
2. When does Jackson think Burnside will start the attack across the Rappahannock River?
3. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
4. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
5. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
2. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
3. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
4. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
5. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
6. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
7. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
8. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
9. Why does the person in command change twice for the Confederates during the battle at Chancellorsville?
10. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)