|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Chamberlain.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Washington.
(d) General Davis.
2. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) Just seconds; they have joined units.
(b) One week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Two days.
3. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
(a) Because they have been told to defend Chancellorsville at all costs.
(b) Because someone misread a telegram.
(c) Because they are sustaining very heavy losses.
(d) Because they received orders to do so.
4. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(b) The Rappahannock River.
(c) Boats and canoes.
(d) The Susquehannah Mountains.
5. When does Jackson think Burnside will start the attack across the Rappahannock River?
(a) February 12.
(b) December 12.
(c) April 12.
(d) May 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
3. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
4. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
2. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
3. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
4. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
5. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
6. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
7. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
8. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
9. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
10. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)