|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From General to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to General.
(c) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(d) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
2. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) His Bible.
(b) A beloved letter from his wife.
(c) His left arm.
(d) His horse.
3. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) Just seconds; they have joined units.
(b) One week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Two days.
4. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
(b) A horrible thunderstorm.
(c) A horrible snowstorm.
(d) A tornado.
5. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
(a) His subordinate.
(b) His boss.
(c) His colleague.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
2. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
3. How does Jane die?
4. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
5. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
2. Why does Burnside's attempt at redemption after Fredericksburg fail?
3. What fills Lee and Longstreet with pride as they see the Union army begin its attack outside of Fredericksburg?
4. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
5. What report does Howard unwisely choose to ignore as he waits outside Chancellorsville?
6. What information does General Stuart share with Lee after the battle at Fredericksburg?
7. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
8. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
9. What does Hancock come to realize about the battle at Chancellorsville?
10. What does Hancock see when he turns around to look at his men as he reaches the crest of the hill at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)