|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By hanging.
(b) By lethal injection.
(c) By rifle.
(d) By drowning.
2. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The Confederacy.
(b) The Mexican Army.
(c) None; this is a trick question.
(d) The U.S. Army.
3. How do the Union troops under McClellan withdraw from their attack of Richmond?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By sea.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) By tank.
4. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
(a) Colonel Annex.
(b) Colonel Arms.
(c) Colonel Avery.
(d) Colonel Ames.
5. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
(a) Convince them to take a cut in pay.
(b) Train them all on hand-to-hand combat.
(c) Not much.
(d) Get them all to learn how to read and write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
2. Who is Kilrain?
3. When do Hancock and his men attack Richmond?
4. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
5. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
Short Essay Questions
1. What responsibility does Lee give Jackson when Jackson comes to him seeking an assignment in Virginia's forces?
2. What does the Secretary of War order Lee to do after he summons him?
3. What dumb mistake does Chamberlain make that nearly gets him killed during his first battle?
4. Why is Lee initially disappointed with his promotion to Brigadier General?
5. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
6. Why do both the northern and southern armies take a break from fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
7. What ends up happening to John Brown after his insurrection?
8. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
9. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
10. What kind of expectations are made clear when Lee is given command of Virginia's provisional army?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)