|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
2. What happens that allows for Hancock to be promoted to command of a division?
(a) He starts rumors about other people competing for his job.
(b) He pays the officer wanting the bribe in exchange for the promotion.
(c) He passes his training classes.
(d) Another general is killed.
3. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does Jackson have?
4. Who is Sam Houston?
(a) The mayor of Los Angeles.
(b) The governor of Texas.
(c) The governor of California.
(d) The mayor of the town that will later be called Houston.
5. When does Hancock get promoted to command of a division?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) As a surprise during a dinner party.
(c) Never; this is a trick question.
(d) In the middle of a battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Lee offered in the US military as the civil war threatens to start?
2. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
3. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
4. Who is Dr. Junkin?
5. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the time when General Scott offers Lee the chance to be second in command of the union army and when Lee chooses to resign?
2. What advice does Jackson's pastor give him for dealing with the death of his newborn daughter?
3. How successful is Chamberlain during his hunting trip when he is first introduced in the text?
4. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
5. What do Chamberlain and Sergeant Kilrain discuss during their first march to Washington?
6. Why is Lee initially disappointed with his promotion to Brigadier General?
7. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
8. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
9. What dumb mistake does Chamberlain make that nearly gets him killed during his first battle?
10. How does Chamberlain's wife respond to the news that he has joined the army?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)