|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chamberlain and his men's assignment during their first battle?
(a) To scout out the other side's locations.
(b) To stay in reserve.
(c) To be on the front line.
(d) To pose as spies.
2. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
(a) Outside of Yorktown.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
(d) Hayes Valley.
3. Who does not respond well to the news that Chamberlain has joined a regiment?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) The governor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
4. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
(a) From a soldier departing a train.
(b) From a conversation in a coffee shop.
(c) From a telegram.
(d) From the radio.
5. When do Hancock and his men attack Richmond?
(a) In May.
(b) In August.
(c) In January.
(d) In December.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
2. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
3. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
4. When does Virginia secede from the union?
5. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lee's horse spooks after the Second Battle of Bull Run?
2. What ends up happening to John Brown after his insurrection?
3. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
4. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
5. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
6. What does Armistead tell Hancock at Mina's party?
7. How do the leaders of Bowdoin College respond to Chamberlain's speech to his students about joining the war?
8. What is the pattern of the Union troops once the battle at Chancellorsville begins?
9. How does Chamberlain's wife respond to the news that he has joined the army?
10. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)