|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kilrain?
(a) Chamberlain's enemy.
(b) Chamberlain's brother.
(c) Chamberlain's personal assistant.
(d) One of Chamberlain's sargeants.
2. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Chamberlain.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Davis.
(d) President Washington.
3. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
(d) Move to Washington, DC.
4. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
(c) J.E.B. Stuart.
5. How are Lee's hands injured?
(a) They suffer from frostbite because he refuses to leave his troops.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He has really bad arthritis.
(d) In a horse accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lee order Jackson to get his troops before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
2. What animal is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens?
3. How does Johnston wish to defend Richmond when it comes under attack from the Union?
4. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
5. How long do Hancock and his men have to wait until attacking Richmond (once they arrive into position)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dumb mistake does Chamberlain make that nearly gets him killed during his first battle?
2. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
3. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
4. How do Hancock and his men end up attacking Richmond?
5. How do the leaders of Bowdoin College respond to Chamberlain's speech to his students about joining the war?
6. What happens at Mina's party?
7. How do Lee and Jackson divide their army around Chancellorsville?
8. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
9. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
10. How does General Barksdale defend the town of Fredericksburg itself?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)