|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
(a) From Washington.
(b) From the governor of California.
(c) From Texas.
(d) From Virginia.
2. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
(a) That he be allowed to fight for the North.
(b) That he be allowed to travel to Canada.
(c) That he be allowed to still work for Lee.
(d) That he be allowed to buy his brother.
3. During what war does "Gods and Generals" take place?
(a) The Mexican Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
4. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The President of the Union.
(b) The mayor of Richmond.
(c) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
(d) The President of the Confederacy.
5. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
(a) Lee's cavalry commander.
(b) Lee's secretary.
(c) Lee's personal assistant.
(d) The Confederate Secretary of War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
2. How does Johnston wish to defend Richmond when it comes under attack from the Union?
3. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
4. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
5. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hancock and his men end up attacking Richmond?
2. How does Chamberlain's wife respond to the news that he has joined the army?
3. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
4. Why is the Confederacy energized by the Battle of Bull Run?
5. What responsibility does Lee give Jackson when Jackson comes to him seeking an assignment in Virginia's forces?
6. Why is Lee initially disappointed with his promotion to Brigadier General?
7. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
8. How successful is Chamberlain during his hunting trip when he is first introduced in the text?
9. What ends up happening to John Brown after his insurrection?
10. What advice does Jackson's pastor give him for dealing with the death of his newborn daughter?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)