|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits McClellan has he and his troops stay put after Lee retreats?
(a) General Chamberlain.
(b) President Davis.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) General Lee.
2. Who is General John Pope?
(a) Lee's wife in disguise as a military man.
(b) The man who replaces McClellan as commander of the Union Army.
(c) An imaginary character the newspapers create.
(d) Lee's best military adviser.
3. What does Chamberlain ask the governor when he goes to the state capital after leaving Bowdoin?
(a) For a law that will allow people like him to serve more easily.
(b) For some mercy for his family.
(c) For a commission in the army.
(d) For a passport.
4. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
(a) Colonel Avery.
(b) Colonel Ames.
(c) Colonel Arms.
(d) Colonel Annex.
5. Who is Dr. Junkin?
(a) An old military colleague of Jackson's.
(b) An old neighbor of Jackson's.
(c) Jackson's former father-in-law.
(d) Jackson's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
2. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
3. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
4. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
5. When do the armies resume fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads President Davis to relieve Johnston from his command?
2. What kind of expectations are made clear when Lee is given command of Virginia's provisional army?
3. What do Chamberlain and Sergeant Kilrain discuss during their first march to Washington?
4. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
5. What responsibility does Lee give Jackson when Jackson comes to him seeking an assignment in Virginia's forces?
6. Why is Lee initially disappointed with his promotion to Brigadier General?
7. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
8. What happens after Lincoln comes to visit McClellan on the battlefield?
9. What happens during the time when General Scott offers Lee the chance to be second in command of the union army and when Lee chooses to resign?
10. How did Lee win the first battle over Richmond?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)