|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
(c) Just one (his brother).
(d) Only a few dozen.
2. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
3. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(b) Anywhere they can.
(d) The battles along the James River.
4. How does Chamberlain feel about Bowdoin's students volunteering to fight in the war?
(a) He thinks it should be mandatory.
(b) He supports them.
(c) He thinks they should do so, but only after they graduate.
(d) He thinks it is a waste.
5. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
(a) Not much.
(b) Convince them to take a cut in pay.
(c) Get them all to learn how to read and write.
(d) Train them all on hand-to-hand combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
2. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
3. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
4. What kind of teacher is Jackson portrayed as?
5. How long does it take Lee and his army to defeat the army that threatened Richmond from the east?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lee win the first battle over Richmond?
2. What ends up happening to John Brown after his insurrection?
3. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
4. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
5. What causes Hancock to suffer defeat after he is promoted to command of a division mid-battle?
6. What happens when Lee's horse spooks after the Second Battle of Bull Run?
7. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
8. What advice does Jackson's pastor give him for dealing with the death of his newborn daughter?
9. What happens during the time when General Scott offers Lee the chance to be second in command of the union army and when Lee chooses to resign?
10. What is tricky about Hancock's arrive in Yorktown before the first battle over Richmond?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)