|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops does McClellan tell Hancock Lincoln has called for as the war begins?
2. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
(b) Virginia Tech.
(c) He wouldn't have gone to college at all.
(d) West Point.
3. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) In the frontier city of Los Angeles.
(b) In the frontier city of Boise, Idaho.
(c) In Mexico City.
(d) In Tijuana, guarding the Mexican/American border.
4. Who is Sam Houston?
(a) The governor of California.
(b) The mayor of Los Angeles.
(c) The mayor of the town that will later be called Houston.
(d) The governor of Texas.
5. During what war does "Gods and Generals" take place?
(a) World War I.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) The Mexican Civil War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
2. Who is Lewis Armistead?
3. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
4. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
5. What does Jackson do with his wife before he rides off to war with the Corps of Cadets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
2. What dumb mistake does Chamberlain make that nearly gets him killed during his first battle?
3. What does Taylor request of Lee shortly after the war begins?
4. How do Hancock and his men end up attacking Richmond?
5. What happens after Lincoln comes to visit McClellan on the battlefield?
6. What leads President Davis to relieve Johnston from his command?
7. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
8. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
9. What do Chamberlain and Sergeant Kilrain discuss during their first march to Washington?
10. What happens at Mina's party?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)