|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is John Brown from?
2. How long does Chamberlain's regiment have to train until it is sent to Washington?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
3. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Hayes Valley.
(d) Outside of Yorktown.
4. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
(a) That he be allowed to marry Hancock's daughter.
(b) That he be sent reinforcements right away.
(c) That he never be contacted again.
(d) That he be invited to dinner.
5. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) In Mexico City.
(b) In the frontier city of Boise, Idaho.
(c) In Tijuana, guarding the Mexican/American border.
(d) In the frontier city of Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent after Washington?
2. When does "Gods and Generals" begin?
3. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
4. How does Chamberlain feel about Bowdoin's students volunteering to fight in the war?
5. When do the armies resume fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
2. What causes Hancock to suffer defeat after he is promoted to command of a division mid-battle?
3. How did Lee win the first battle over Richmond?
4. What happens to Lee's belongings while he is in Texas after the election?
5. How does Jackson respond to his students' questions during his lectures when he is first introduced in the novel?
6. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
7. What advice does Jackson's pastor give him for dealing with the death of his newborn daughter?
8. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
9. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
10. Where is Lee's family estate located?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)