|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
(a) Right as the Battle of Bull Run is taking place.
(b) Right as President Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) A few weeks before the Battle of Bull Run.
(d) A few weeks after the Battle of Bull Run.
2. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
(a) Colonel Annex.
(b) Colonel Ames.
(c) Colonel Avery.
(d) Colonel Arms.
3. What does Jackson do with his wife before he rides off to war with the Corps of Cadets?
(b) Go on a quick vacation.
(d) Eat a nice dinner out.
4. What happens that allows for Hancock to be promoted to command of a division?
(a) He passes his training classes.
(b) He pays the officer wanting the bribe in exchange for the promotion.
(c) He starts rumors about other people competing for his job.
(d) Another general is killed.
5. Who travels with Lee en route to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
2. Who is General John Pope?
3. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
4. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
5. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
2. How do Hancock and his men end up attacking Richmond?
3. Why is the Confederacy energized by the Battle of Bull Run?
4. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
5. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
6. Where is Lee's family estate located?
7. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
8. How did Lee win the first battle over Richmond?
9. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
10. What do Chamberlain and Sergeant Kilrain discuss during their first march to Washington?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)