|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
(a) Pretend he doesn't see what is happening.
(b) Pray for his soul.
(c) Fire his rifle.
2. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Washington.
(b) President Chamberlain.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) President Davis.
3. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
(b) The California Republic.
(c) The Great Nationstate of California.
(d) The Great Nation of California.
4. How long do Hancock and his men have to wait until attacking Richmond (once they arrive into position)?
(a) Nearly a month.
(b) Only one day.
(c) One week.
(d) Nearly a year.
5. Where is Bowdoin College located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
2. What does Mr. Hamilton do for a living?
3. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
4. Who wins the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What responsibility does Lee give Jackson when Jackson comes to him seeking an assignment in Virginia's forces?
2. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
3. Why do both the northern and southern armies take a break from fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
4. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. What happens during the time when General Scott offers Lee the chance to be second in command of the union army and when Lee chooses to resign?
6. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
7. How does Jackson respond to his students' questions during his lectures when he is first introduced in the novel?
8. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
9. What does Armistead tell Hancock at Mina's party?
10. What causes Hancock to suffer defeat after he is promoted to command of a division mid-battle?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)