|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
(a) At night.
(b) When Chamberlain starts leading his men down a hill in a loud charge.
(c) At the sound of cannons.
(d) Just as the fighting gets rough.
2. What rank does Lee make Jackson when he comes seeking an appointment?
3. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) Virginia Tech.
(b) The U.S. Naval Academy.
(d) The Virginia Military Academy.
4. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The President of the Union.
(b) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
(c) The mayor of Richmond.
(d) The President of the Confederacy.
5. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
(b) Bad weather.
(d) Jackson's victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Lee's hands injured?
2. What happens to McClellan after he withdraws from Richmond?
3. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
4. Who is General John Pope?
5. What is Hancock told will happen if Lincoln wins the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dumb mistake does Chamberlain make that nearly gets him killed during his first battle?
2. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
3. How successful is Chamberlain during his hunting trip when he is first introduced in the text?
4. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
5. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
6. What will the Union troops have to do in order to attack the Confederates near Fredericksburg?
7. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
8. What do Hancock and General Sumner think of General Burnside's plans for attack near Fredericksburg?
9. What do Chamberlain and Sergeant Kilrain discuss during their first march to Washington?
10. How has Hooker managed to surround Lee shortly after the battle at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)