|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not respond well to the news that Chamberlain has joined a regiment?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) His wife.
(c) The governor.
(d) His mother.
2. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) The death of his father-in-law.
(c) The death of his mother-in-law.
(d) The death of his mother.
3. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
(a) Both the U.S. infantry and his friends from town.
(b) Neither his friends nor the infantry.
(c) The U.S. infantry.
(d) His friends from town.
4. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grown son.
(d) His brother-in-law.
5. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) The vice president of the Confederacy.
(b) Lee's personal assistant.
(c) The commander of the Confederate Army.
(d) The president of the Confederacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Johnston before he loses command of the army?
2. When does "Gods and Generals" begin?
3. What does Houston tell Lee when they first meet?
4. Where does McClellan keep his army after Lee retreats?
5. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is tricky about Hancock's arrive in Yorktown before the first battle over Richmond?
2. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
3. What advice does Jackson's pastor give him for dealing with the death of his newborn daughter?
4. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
5. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
6. What responsibility does Lee give Jackson when Jackson comes to him seeking an assignment in Virginia's forces?
7. Who is Mr. Hamilton?
8. What does Taylor request of Lee shortly after the war begins?
9. How does Jackson respond to his students' questions during his lectures when he is first introduced in the novel?
10. Why is the Confederacy energized by the Battle of Bull Run?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)