|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to McClellan after he withdraws from Richmond?
(a) He dies.
(b) He decides to fight for the south.
(c) He is sent to Europe on a diplomatic mission.
(d) He is relieved of command.
2. Who does not respond well to the news that Chamberlain has joined a regiment?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) The governor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
(a) Several months.
(b) Nearly 6 months.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Only 1 day.
4. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
5. How many troops does McClellan tell Hancock Lincoln has called for as the war begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
2. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
3. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
4. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
5. Who is General George McClellan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
2. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
3. Who is Mr. Hamilton?
4. Why is the Confederacy energized by the Battle of Bull Run?
5. What ends up happening to John Brown after his insurrection?
6. What advice does Jackson's pastor give him for dealing with the death of his newborn daughter?
7. How do the leaders of Bowdoin College respond to Chamberlain's speech to his students about joining the war?
8. What is tricky about Hancock's arrive in Yorktown before the first battle over Richmond?
9. How does Jackson respond to his students' questions during his lectures when he is first introduced in the novel?
10. What does Taylor request of Lee shortly after the war begins?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)