|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hancock told will happen if Lincoln wins the election?
(a) That civil war will be avoided.
(b) That civil war will break out.
(c) That Hancock will be promoted.
(d) That he will be assassinated.
2. When does "Gods and Generals" begin?
(a) Near the end of the war.
(b) After the war.
(c) A few years before the war.
(d) A few years into the war.
3. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
(a) Jackson and Longstreet.
(b) Johnson and Longfellow.
(c) Johnston and Larkspur.
(d) Barton and Gen. Davis.
4. Who travels with Lee en route to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
2. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
3. Who tells the regiment that McClellan thinks they won a great victory even though they took heavy losses?
4. On what date does the presidential election take place?
5. Where is Chamberlain nearly killed during his first battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
2. Where is Lee's family estate located?
3. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
4. How does Chamberlain's wife respond to the news that he has joined the army?
5. What happens at Mina's party?
6. How successful is Chamberlain during his hunting trip when he is first introduced in the text?
7. What happens during the time when General Scott offers Lee the chance to be second in command of the union army and when Lee chooses to resign?
8. What causes Hancock to suffer defeat after he is promoted to command of a division mid-battle?
9. Why do both the northern and southern armies take a break from fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
10. What tension exists in California (in addition to the possibility of civil war) when Hancock is introduced into the text?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)