|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side does Armistead decide to fight for?
(b) The South.
(c) He actually decides to be a spy.
(d) The North.
2. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
(a) From a soldier departing a train.
(b) From a telegram.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From a conversation in a coffee shop.
3. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
(a) He has just been fired.
(b) He has learned that he is very sick.
(c) His wife has died.
(d) His newborn daughter has died.
4. On what date does the presidential election take place?
(a) November 6, 1860.
(b) November 6, 1900.
(c) November 6, 1845.
(d) November 6, 1886.
5. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
(a) Jackson and Longstreet.
(b) Johnston and Larkspur.
(c) Barton and Gen. Davis.
(d) Johnson and Longfellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Virginia secede from the union?
2. Who is Lewis Armistead?
3. How do the Union troops under McClellan withdraw from their attack of Richmond?
4. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
5. What is Hancock in charge of when he is first introduced in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads President Davis to relieve Johnston from his command?
2. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
3. How do Hancock and his men end up attacking Richmond?
4. Who is Mr. Hamilton?
5. What happens after Lincoln comes to visit McClellan on the battlefield?
6. What wounds and treatment does Jackson receive during the battle at Chancellorsville?
7. What is tricky about Hancock's arrive in Yorktown before the first battle over Richmond?
8. What does Hooker do when he realizes he has surrounded Lee?
9. How does Hancock react when he learns that the men have been ordered to retreat from their attack around Chancellorsville?
10. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)