Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the armies resume fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Fall of 1862.
(b) Spring of 1962.
(c) Spring of 1862.
(d) Fall of 1962.
2. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
(a) The Confederacy.
(b) Whoever offers him a bigger promotion.
(c) The Union.
(d) No one; he doesn't want any part of the war.
3. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
(a) That he be sent reinforcements right away.
(b) That he be allowed to marry Hancock's daughter.
(c) That he never be contacted again.
(d) That he be invited to dinner.
4. Where does McClellan keep his army after Lee retreats?
(a) On the Antietam battlefield.
(b) In the forest, mostly for shelter.
(c) On boats on the Potomac.
(d) In residential houses in Richmond.
5. Who is Lewis Armistead?
(a) An old friend of Jackson's.
(b) An old friend of Chamberlain's.
(c) An old friend of Lee's.
(d) An old friend of Hancock's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
2. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
3. What is Hancock told will happen if Lincoln wins the election?
4. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
5. Who does not respond well to the news that Chamberlain has joined a regiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Lee's family estate located?
2. What kind of expectations are made clear when Lee is given command of Virginia's provisional army?
3. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
4. What does the Secretary of War order Lee to do after he summons him?
5. Why do Dr. Junkin and Jackson disagree about the forthcoming civil war?
6. What happens to Lee, physically, soon after the battle at Fredericksburg?
7. What is Lee's plan, after Chancellorsville, for his troops?
8. What happens to Hancock's unit during the attack at Fredericksburg?
9. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
10. What causes Hancock to suffer defeat after he is promoted to command of a division mid-battle?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)