|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent after Washington?
(c) Back to Massachusetts.
2. Who is Kilrain?
(a) One of Chamberlain's sargeants.
(b) Chamberlain's personal assistant.
(c) Chamberlain's brother.
(d) Chamberlain's enemy.
3. What does Mr. Hamilton do for a living?
(a) Provides ammunition to the military.
(b) Owns and runs a newspaper.
(d) Rubs elbows with famous, rich people.
4. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Lee's personal assistant.
(b) The vice president of the Confederacy.
(c) The president of the Confederacy.
(d) The commander of the Confederate Army.
5. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Junkin?
2. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
3. Where is John Brown from?
4. How are Lee's hands injured?
5. What animal is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Colonel Ames's message from McClellan about how victorious their battle is received poorly?
2. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
3. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
4. Who is Mr. Hamilton?
5. Why do Dr. Junkin and Jackson disagree about the forthcoming civil war?
6. What do Chamberlain and Sergeant Kilrain discuss during their first march to Washington?
7. What happens after Lincoln comes to visit McClellan on the battlefield?
8. What does Chamberlain see when he returns to the hilltop where he was nearly killed in his first battle?
9. What happens when Lee's horse spooks after the Second Battle of Bull Run?
10. What does Taylor request of Lee shortly after the war begins?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)