|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is General George McClellan?
(a) Commander of the Confederate army.
(b) Commander of the Union army.
(c) The vice president.
(d) The man in charge of Washington's forces.
2. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
(a) Lee's new aide once he becomes commander of Virginia's forces.
(b) Lee's most trusted military adviser.
(c) Lee's brother-in-law.
(d) A spy for the north that only the reader knows about.
3. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does Jackson have?
4. Why does Johnston come to Los Angeles when Hancock and Armistead are still there?
(a) To move permanently.
(b) To try to convince them to join his side.
(c) To try to make it in the movie industry before war breaks out.
(d) To get as far away from the fighting as possible.
5. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
(a) Lee's personal assistant.
(b) Lee's secretary.
(c) The Confederate Secretary of War.
(d) Lee's cavalry commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
2. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
3. Where is John Brown from?
4. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
5. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What responsibility does Lee give Jackson when Jackson comes to him seeking an assignment in Virginia's forces?
2. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
3. What does Hancock think of the Confederates' strategy during the battle of Chancellorsville?
4. Why do Dr. Junkin and Jackson disagree about the forthcoming civil war?
5. How does Jackson respond to his students' questions during his lectures when he is first introduced in the novel?
6. What kind of expectations are made clear when Lee is given command of Virginia's provisional army?
7. Why is the information A.P. Hill tells Jackson about the swampland at the battle of Fredericksburg significant?
8. How does Lee plan to destroy what is left of the Union army outside of Chancellorsville once the major fighting is over?
9. How does Chamberlain spend the night after he attacks Fredericksburg?
10. How does Jackson win the Second Battle of Bull Run?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)