|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
(b) The President of the Union.
(c) The President of the Confederacy.
(d) The mayor of Richmond.
2. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
(a) From Texas.
(b) From Washington.
(c) From the governor of California.
(d) From Virginia.
3. When do the armies resume fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Fall of 1862.
(b) Fall of 1962.
(c) Spring of 1962.
(d) Spring of 1862.
4. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
(a) Barton and Gen. Davis.
(b) Johnson and Longfellow.
(c) Johnston and Larkspur.
(d) Jackson and Longstreet.
5. What rank does Lee make Jackson when he comes seeking an appointment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain ask the governor when he goes to the state capital after leaving Bowdoin?
2. Where does McClellan keep his army after Lee retreats?
3. On what date does the presidential election take place?
4. What is Chamberlain's job at Bowdoin College?
5. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what situation does Lee learn that Texas wants to secede from the union?
2. Why do both the northern and southern armies take a break from fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
3. How do Hancock and his men end up attacking Richmond?
4. What happens when Lee's horse spooks after the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. What has the Union Army done during its first attack on Richmond?
6. What happens at Mina's party?
7. How successful is Chamberlain during his hunting trip when he is first introduced in the text?
8. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
9. What dumb mistake does Chamberlain make that nearly gets him killed during his first battle?
10. How do the leaders of Bowdoin College respond to Chamberlain's speech to his students about joining the war?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)