|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Johnston before he loses command of the army?
(a) He is tried for treason.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He flees in the middle of battle.
2. On what date does the presidential election take place?
(a) November 6, 1860.
(b) November 6, 1900.
(c) November 6, 1886.
(d) November 6, 1845.
3. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
(b) Move to Washington, DC.
4. Who visits McClellan has he and his troops stay put after Lee retreats?
(a) General Chamberlain.
(b) President Davis.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) General Lee.
5. How long do Hancock and his men have to wait until attacking Richmond (once they arrive into position)?
(a) One week.
(b) Only one day.
(c) Nearly a year.
(d) Nearly a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does Jackson have?
2. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
3. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
4. What kind of hostess is Mira described as?
5. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lee's belongings while he is in Texas after the election?
2. Why do both the northern and southern armies take a break from fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
3. Why is the Confederacy energized by the Battle of Bull Run?
4. How did Lee win the first battle over Richmond?
5. Why is Lee initially disappointed with his promotion to Brigadier General?
6. What is tricky about Hancock's arrive in Yorktown before the first battle over Richmond?
7. Who is Mr. Hamilton?
8. What happens to Lee and Longstreet on their way to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
9. What causes Hancock to suffer defeat after he is promoted to command of a division mid-battle?
10. What does the Secretary of War order Lee to do after he summons him?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)