|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) The bodyguards.
(b) The slaves being forced to build the bridge.
(c) Men on horseback.
(d) The engineers.
2. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
(b) A small batch of infantrymen.
(c) A small batch of cavlary men.
(d) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
3. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
(a) Send them to jail as prisoners of war.
(b) Kill them all.
(c) Drive them off of the hills.
4. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) He suffers a heart attack on the battlefield.
(b) He is also wounded.
(c) He flees in terror.
(d) He is exposed as a spy.
5. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
6. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
7. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
(d) J.E.B. Stuart.
8. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) A human guide.
(b) A compass.
(c) A written guide.
(d) A map.
9. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Heavy, heavy rain.
(c) The fog.
(d) An eyescope.
10. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
(a) In the hills above Fredericksburg.
(b) In a hospital near Scuttleburg.
(c) At Gettysburg.
(d) Outside of Pittsburg.
11. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) No one is even wounded in it.
(b) It's their last major battle.
(c) Everyone dies in it.
(d) It's their first major battle.
12. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) In the homes of the residents.
(b) In a large field they took over from a farmer.
(c) In government buildings and inns.
(d) Throughout the thick woods.
13. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
14. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
15. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
(b) Fences, a canal, and a horrible snow storm.
(c) A canal.
(d) Fences and a canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
3. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
4. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
5. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)