|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) From Colonel to General.
(d) From General to Colonel.
2. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
3. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Virginia decide to rejoin the union.
(b) It stops for a month of mourning.
(c) It comes to a standstill.
(d) It becomes even more intense.
4. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
5. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
(b) No battle; the war is over.
(c) The Battle of Waterloo.
(d) A battle with polio.
6. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General French.
(b) General English.
(c) General Deustch.
(d) General Espana.
7. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) After breakfast.
(b) Before breakfast.
(c) At nightfall.
(d) At lunchtime.
8. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Have too much to drink.
(b) Pray for 30 minutes.
(c) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(d) March around the Union lines.
9. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) His left arm.
(b) His horse.
(c) His Bible.
(d) A beloved letter from his wife.
10. What major icon is Hancock hoping to storm during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) A mountain top.
(b) A college campus.
(c) A church.
(d) A stone wall.
11. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
(a) His colleague.
(b) His boss.
(c) His subordinate.
(d) His brother.
12. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
(d) J.E.B. Stuart.
13. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(b) No one.
14. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(d) Only one.
15. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The Rappahannock River.
(b) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(c) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(d) Boats and canoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
2. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
3. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
4. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
5. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)