|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
2. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) The baby's.
3. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
(a) A canal.
(c) Fences, a canal, and a horrible snow storm.
(d) Fences and a canal.
4. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
(a) Less than half.
(b) Nearly all; he only took one unit.
(c) Less than one-third.
(d) Less than one-quarter.
5. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Just skirmishers.
(b) Only a batallion or two.
(c) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(d) Lee's entire army.
6. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) It's their first major battle.
(b) Everyone dies in it.
(c) It's their last major battle.
(d) No one is even wounded in it.
7. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) March around the Union lines.
(b) Pray for 30 minutes.
(c) Have too much to drink.
(d) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
8. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(b) Small pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
9. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) An eyescope.
(b) Heavy, heavy rain.
(d) The fog.
10. Why can't Lee launch one final attack against the Union troops in Fredericksburg?
(a) The men refuse to follow his orders any longer.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) They have escaped by the time he attacks.
(d) He is called away to another battle.
11. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A nurse.
(b) His wife.
(c) A doctor.
(d) His mother.
12. Who sends word to Lee that the Union army is crossing the river after Fredericksburg?
(a) General Stuart.
13. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
14. Who comes to visit Jackson as he is recovering from his war wounds?
(a) His father and brother.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) His sister and mother.
(d) His wife and daughter.
15. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Plug it.
(b) Distract the enemy from it.
(c) Exploit it.
(d) Ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
2. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
3. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
4. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
5. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)