|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
2. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
(a) Outside of Pittsburg.
(b) At Gettysburg.
(c) In the hills above Fredericksburg.
(d) In a hospital near Scuttleburg.
3. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A doctor.
(b) His wife.
(c) A nurse.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Exploit it.
(b) Plug it.
(c) Distract the enemy from it.
(d) Ignore it.
5. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further west.
(b) Advance further south.
(c) Advance further east.
(d) Advance further north.
6. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Taking care of the wounded.
(b) Trying to rally them.
(c) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
(d) Praying with his men.
7. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They celebrate immediately.
8. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) It has poisonous snakes.
(b) It has crocodiles in it.
(c) It has a secret bridge for the soldiers to cross.
(d) It is frozen solid.
9. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
10. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
(b) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
(c) A small batch of infantrymen.
(d) A small batch of cavlary men.
11. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
(a) Thick, tangled forests.
(b) A swarm of locusts.
(c) Very thick mud.
(d) A mequito infestation.
12. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) He is also wounded.
(b) He flees in terror.
(c) He suffers a heart attack on the battlefield.
(d) He is exposed as a spy.
13. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Set up the cannons.
(b) Build walls.
(d) Dig trenches.
14. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
(a) Because someone misread a telegram.
(b) Because they received orders to do so.
(c) Because they are sustaining very heavy losses.
(d) Because they have been told to defend Chancellorsville at all costs.
15. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city hall.
(b) The city library.
(c) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
(d) The home of John Corbin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
2. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
3. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
4. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
5. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)