|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Virginia decide to rejoin the union.
(b) It comes to a standstill.
(c) It becomes even more intense.
(d) It stops for a month of mourning.
2. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(b) No one.
3. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(b) Vice President.
4. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further west.
(b) Advance further south.
(c) Advance further east.
(d) Advance further north.
5. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
6. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The telegram office.
(b) The telegraph office.
(d) Back to his tent.
7. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Build walls.
(b) Dig trenches.
(c) Set up the cannons.
8. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(b) Only a batallion or two.
(c) Lee's entire army.
(d) Just skirmishers.
9. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(a) Only one.
10. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
11. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
(c) Nearly everyone.
12. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
(a) J.E.B. Stuart.
13. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A nurse.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) A doctor.
14. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city library.
(b) The city hall.
(c) The home of John Corbin.
(d) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
15. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Chamberlain.
(b) General Davis.
(c) General Washington.
(d) General Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane die?
2. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
3. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
4. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
5. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)