|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Before breakfast.
(b) At lunchtime.
(c) At nightfall.
(d) After breakfast.
2. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
(b) Very badly.
(c) Very slowly and painfully.
(d) Very well.
3. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General French.
(b) General Espana.
(c) General Deustch.
(d) General English.
4. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By moving his forces north.
(b) By writing his autobiography.
(c) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
(d) By moving his forces south.
5. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
(a) A mequito infestation.
(b) Thick, tangled forests.
(c) Very thick mud.
(d) A swarm of locusts.
6. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) At the local college.
(b) In the forest and at night, so no one sees them.
(c) Inside town.
(d) Right outside of town.
7. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Washington.
(c) General Davis.
(d) General Chamberlain.
8. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The Rappahannock River.
(b) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(c) Boats and canoes.
(d) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
9. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From General to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) From Colonel to General.
(d) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
10. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
11. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Just skirmishers.
(b) Lee's entire army.
(c) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(d) Only a batallion or two.
12. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
13. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Front-line attack.
(b) Rear attack.
(c) Rear guard.
(d) Front-line defense.
14. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(d) No one.
15. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) One week.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Just seconds; they have joined units.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
2. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
3. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
4. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
5. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)