|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
(b) The home of John Corbin.
(c) The city library.
(d) The city hall.
2. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Small pox.
3. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) An eyescope.
(c) Heavy, heavy rain.
(d) The fog.
4. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to General.
(c) From General to Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
5. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
(a) A mequito infestation.
(b) Very thick mud.
(c) Thick, tangled forests.
(d) A swarm of locusts.
6. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Praying with his men.
(b) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
(c) Trying to rally them.
(d) Taking care of the wounded.
7. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Resign from the army in protest.
(b) Give the rebel yell.
(c) Line up for miles outside his home.
(d) Take a moment of silence.
8. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(b) Boats and canoes.
(c) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(d) The Rappahannock River.
9. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
(a) Just as he loses his hearing from a loud explosion.
(b) Just as he is wounded himself.
(c) Just as his forces begin to flee.
(d) Just as his men make a strong defense.
10. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(b) Have too much to drink.
(c) Pray for 30 minutes.
(d) March around the Union lines.
11. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) A human guide.
(b) A compass.
(c) A written guide.
(d) A map.
12. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Build walls.
(b) Dig trenches.
(d) Set up the cannons.
13. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His mother's.
(b) The baby's.
(d) His wife's.
14. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They use bows and arrows.
(b) They start their music before fighting.
(c) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(d) They retreat.
15. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
(a) Drive them off of the hills.
(b) Kill them all.
(c) Send them to jail as prisoners of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
3. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
4. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
5. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)