|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane die?
(a) From scarlet fever.
(b) She drowns in a lake.
(c) She dies of hunger.
(d) She is murdered.
2. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Rear attack.
(b) Front-line defense.
(c) Front-line attack.
(d) Rear guard.
3. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) He is also wounded.
(b) He flees in terror.
(c) He suffers a heart attack on the battlefield.
(d) He is exposed as a spy.
4. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further east.
(b) Advance further west.
(c) Advance further south.
(d) Advance further north.
5. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
(a) The unit takes heavy casualties because they have lost their leadership.
(b) The troops rejoice.
(c) The unit collapses.
(d) Chamberlain takes over.
6. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(b) The Rappahannock River.
(c) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
(d) Boats and canoes.
7. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) The baby's.
(b) His wife's.
(c) His mother's.
8. Why can't Lee launch one final attack against the Union troops in Fredericksburg?
(a) They have escaped by the time he attacks.
(b) The men refuse to follow his orders any longer.
(c) He is called away to another battle.
(d) He is assassinated.
9. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The home of John Corbin.
(b) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
(c) The city hall.
(d) The city library.
10. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) December 11.
(b) April 11.
(c) February 11.
(d) May 11.
11. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Inside town.
(b) Right outside of town.
(c) In the forest and at night, so no one sees them.
(d) At the local college.
12. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General French.
(b) General Deustch.
(c) General English.
(d) General Espana.
13. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
14. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
15. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Before breakfast.
(b) At nightfall.
(c) At lunchtime.
(d) After breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
2. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
3. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
4. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
5. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)