|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Very slowly and painfully.
(b) Very well.
(c) Very badly.
(d) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
2. What major icon is Hancock hoping to storm during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) A church.
(b) A college campus.
(c) A mountain top.
(d) A stone wall.
3. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From General to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to General.
4. Where is Lee when General Stuart sends him the gift of a new uniform?
(a) At Gettysburg.
(b) In a hospital near Scuttleburg.
(c) Outside of Pittsburg.
(d) In the hills above Fredericksburg.
5. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) Everyone dies in it.
(b) No one is even wounded in it.
(c) It's their first major battle.
(d) It's their last major battle.
6. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city hall.
(b) The home of John Corbin.
(c) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
(d) The city library.
7. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Lee's entire army.
(b) Just skirmishers.
(c) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(d) Only a battalion or two.
8. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(b) Only one.
9. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By moving his forces north.
(b) By moving his forces south.
(c) By writing his autobiography.
(d) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
10. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
(a) Send them to jail as prisoners of war.
(b) Drive them off of the hills.
(c) Kill them all.
11. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) After breakfast.
(b) At nightfall.
(c) Before breakfast.
(d) At lunchtime.
12. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He is exposed as a traitor.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(d) He runs away in terror.
13. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
14. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(b) The baby's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His mother's.
15. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
2. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
3. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
4. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
5. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)