|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Praying with his men.
(b) Taking care of the wounded.
(c) Trying to rally them.
(d) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
2. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
(a) A canal.
(c) Fences and a canal.
(d) Fences, a canal, and a horrible snow storm.
3. How does Jane die?
(a) She drowns in a lake.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She dies of hunger.
(d) From scarlet fever.
4. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Small pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
(a) A horrible snowstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(d) A horrible thunderstorm.
6. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(b) They start their music before fighting.
(c) They use bows and arrows.
(d) They retreat.
7. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
8. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By moving his forces south.
(b) By writing his autobiography.
(c) By moving his forces north.
(d) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
9. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
10. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) His horse.
(b) His left arm.
(c) A beloved letter from his wife.
(d) His Bible.
11. What does Howard order his men to do for defense outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Set up the cannons.
(b) Dig trenches.
(c) Build walls.
12. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
(a) Less than one-quarter.
(b) Less than one-third.
(c) Less than half.
(d) Nearly all; he only took one unit.
13. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
(a) He wants to wait for reinforcements.
(b) He has gone insane.
(c) He knows he is greatly outnumbered.
(d) He has lost his nerve.
14. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) The slaves being forced to build the bridge.
(b) Men on horseback.
(c) The bodyguards.
(d) The engineers.
15. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further north.
(b) Advance further west.
(c) Advance further east.
(d) Advance further south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
2. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
3. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
4. Who sends word to Lee that the Union army is crossing the river after Fredericksburg?
5. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)