|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) February 11.
(b) May 11.
(c) April 11.
(d) December 11.
2. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From Colonel to General.
(b) From General to Colonel.
(c) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
3. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
(a) He has lost his nerve.
(b) He wants to wait for reinforcements.
(c) He has gone insane.
(d) He knows he is greatly outnumbered.
4. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
5. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
(b) By moving his forces north.
(c) By writing his autobiography.
(d) By moving his forces south.
6. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
(a) No battle; the war is over.
(b) The Battle of Waterloo.
(c) A battle with polio.
7. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Just seconds; they have joined units.
8. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(d) Only one.
9. Who sends word to Lee that the Union army is crossing the river after Fredericksburg?
(b) General Stuart.
10. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further east.
(b) Advance further west.
(c) Advance further south.
(d) Advance further north.
11. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(d) No one.
12. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
(a) His parents.
(b) Being back home with his wife and daughter.
(d) His childhood.
13. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Resign from the army in protest.
(b) Give the rebel yell.
(c) Take a moment of silence.
(d) Line up for miles outside his home.
14. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Rear guard.
(b) Front-line defense.
(c) Front-line attack.
(d) Rear attack.
15. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is exposed as a traitor.
(d) He runs away in terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
2. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
3. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
4. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
5. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)