|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Davis.
(c) General Washington.
(d) General Chamberlain.
2. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General Espana.
(b) General English.
(c) General French.
(d) General Deustch.
3. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
4. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) December 11.
(b) April 11.
(c) May 11.
(d) February 11.
5. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
(a) Just as his forces begin to flee.
(b) Just as his men make a strong defense.
(c) Just as he is wounded himself.
(d) Just as he loses his hearing from a loud explosion.
6. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
(a) Because they are sustaining very heavy losses.
(b) Because someone misread a telegram.
(c) Because they have been told to defend Chancellorsville at all costs.
(d) Because they received orders to do so.
7. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(c) They celebrate immediately.
(d) They are confused.
8. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city library.
(b) The home of John Corbin.
(c) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
(d) The city hall.
9. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(c) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
(d) Shoulder and hand.
10. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
11. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) After breakfast.
(b) Before breakfast.
(c) At nightfall.
(d) At lunchtime.
12. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Plug it.
(b) Exploit it.
(c) Distract the enemy from it.
(d) Ignore it.
13. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
(b) Trying to rally them.
(c) Praying with his men.
(d) Taking care of the wounded.
14. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Right outside of town.
(b) At the local college.
(c) In the forest and at night, so no one sees them.
(d) Inside town.
15. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
(a) Chamberlain takes over.
(b) The unit collapses.
(c) The troops rejoice.
(d) The unit takes heavy casualties because they have lost their leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
2. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
3. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
4. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
5. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)