|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Rear guard.
(b) Front-line attack.
(c) Front-line defense.
(d) Rear attack.
2. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
(a) The Twentieth Maine.
(b) The Twentieth Maine and the Seventeenth Vermont.
(c) The Twentieth Maine, the Seventeenth Vermont, and the Twelfth New York.
(d) All of the Union forces.
3. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) It's their first major battle.
(b) No one is even wounded in it.
(c) Everyone dies in it.
(d) It's their last major battle.
4. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Resign from the army in protest.
(b) Line up for miles outside his home.
(c) Give the rebel yell.
(d) Take a moment of silence.
5. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
(c) J.E.B. Stuart.
6. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) An eyescope.
(b) Heavy, heavy rain.
(c) The fog.
7. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is exposed as a traitor.
(d) He runs away in terror.
8. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
(a) General Washington.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Chamberlain.
(d) General Davis.
9. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(b) Only a battalion or two.
(c) Just skirmishers.
(d) Lee's entire army.
10. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(b) Vice President.
11. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Plug it.
(b) Distract the enemy from it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Exploit it.
12. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) It stops for a month of mourning.
(b) It becomes even more intense.
(c) It comes to a standstill.
(d) Virginia decide to rejoin the union.
13. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(c) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
(d) Shoulder and hand.
14. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
(a) The Battle of Waterloo.
(c) No battle; the war is over.
(d) A battle with polio.
15. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
2. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
3. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
4. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
5. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)