|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
(a) Drive them off of the hills.
(b) Send them to jail as prisoners of war.
(d) Kill them all.
2. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Taking care of the wounded.
(b) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
(c) Praying with his men.
(d) Trying to rally them.
3. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
(a) Charge at full-speed.
(b) Fight even harder in his name.
(c) Pull back.
4. How does Jane die?
(a) She drowns in a lake.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) From scarlet fever.
(d) She dies of hunger.
5. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
6. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further south.
(b) Advance further east.
(c) Advance further west.
(d) Advance further north.
7. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
8. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
(a) The unit takes heavy casualties because they have lost their leadership.
(b) The troops rejoice.
(c) The unit collapses.
(d) Chamberlain takes over.
9. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
(a) Very confident.
(b) That he is going to die on the battlefield.
(d) This is a trick question; he doesn't know the battle is coming.
10. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Boats and canoes.
(b) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(c) The Rappahannock River.
(d) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
11. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(d) Only one.
12. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
(a) A horrible snowstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(d) A horrible thunderstorm.
13. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) Virginia decide to rejoin the union.
(b) It stops for a month of mourning.
(c) It comes to a standstill.
(d) It becomes even more intense.
14. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
(a) His subordinate.
(b) His boss.
(c) His brother.
(d) His colleague.
15. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
(b) Very well.
(c) Very slowly and painfully.
(d) Very badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
2. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
3. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
4. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
5. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)