|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the war in VIrginia after the battle at Fredericksburg?
(a) It comes to a standstill.
(b) It becomes even more intense.
(c) Virginia decide to rejoin the union.
(d) It stops for a month of mourning.
2. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
(a) Thick, tangled forests.
(b) A swarm of locusts.
(c) A mequito infestation.
(d) Very thick mud.
3. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) In government buildings and inns.
(b) Throughout the thick woods.
(c) In the homes of the residents.
(d) In a large field they took over from a farmer.
4. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(b) His mother's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) The baby's.
5. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Back to his tent.
(b) The telegraph office.
(c) The telegram office.
6. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is exposed as a traitor.
(d) He runs away in terror.
7. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
(a) That he is going to die on the battlefield.
(b) Very confident.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't know the battle is coming.
8. How does Jane die?
(a) From scarlet fever.
(b) She drowns in a lake.
(c) She dies of hunger.
(d) She is murdered.
9. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Line up for miles outside his home.
(b) Resign from the army in protest.
(c) Give the rebel yell.
(d) Take a moment of silence.
10. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They celebrate immediately.
(c) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(d) They are confused.
11. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
(a) His colleague.
(b) His boss.
(c) His brother.
(d) His subordinate.
12. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) One week.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Just seconds; they have joined units.
13. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(a) Vice President.
14. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
(a) A battle with polio.
(b) The Battle of Waterloo.
(d) No battle; the war is over.
15. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) The bodyguards.
(b) The slaves being forced to build the bridge.
(c) Men on horseback.
(d) The engineers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
2. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
3. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
4. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
5. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)