|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(d) They celebrate immediately.
2. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(a) Small pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
3. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By moving his forces north.
(b) By moving his forces south.
(c) By writing his autobiography.
(d) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
4. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Exploit it.
(c) Distract the enemy from it.
(d) Plug it.
5. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
(a) The troops rejoice.
(b) The unit takes heavy casualties because they have lost their leadership.
(c) The unit collapses.
(d) Chamberlain takes over.
6. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(c) No one.
7. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) A map.
(b) A compass.
(c) A written guide.
(d) A human guide.
8. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(b) Boats and canoes.
(c) The Rappahannock River.
(d) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
9. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
(b) Nearly everyone.
10. When does Jackson think Burnside will start the attack across the Rappahannock River?
(a) February 12.
(b) May 12.
(c) December 12.
(d) April 12.
11. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The telegraph office.
(b) The telegram office.
(d) Back to his tent.
12. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Give the rebel yell.
(b) Take a moment of silence.
(c) Line up for miles outside his home.
(d) Resign from the army in protest.
13. What is General Oliver Howard in command of?
(a) A small batch of infantrymen.
(b) A small batch of cavlary men.
(c) Coordinating communications between all of the troops.
(d) The Eleventh Corps of the Union Army.
14. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Lee's entire army.
(b) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(c) Just skirmishers.
(d) Only a battalion or two.
15. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
(a) His parents.
(c) Being back home with his wife and daughter.
(d) His childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
3. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
4. What does Hancock think about why the Confederates are attacking him with such a small force outside of Chancellorsville?
5. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)