|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(b) From General to Colonel.
(c) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to General.
2. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further south.
(b) Advance further east.
(c) Advance further north.
(d) Advance further west.
3. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
(a) All of the Union forces.
(b) The Twentieth Maine and the Seventeenth Vermont.
(c) The Twentieth Maine.
(d) The Twentieth Maine, the Seventeenth Vermont, and the Twelfth New York.
4. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) A human guide.
(b) A compass.
(c) A written guide.
(d) A map.
5. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
(d) J.E.B. Stuart.
6. Where does Jackson take up headquarters after Fredericksburg?
(a) The city library.
(b) The home of John Corbin.
(c) The city hall.
(d) An abandoned farm house that used to belong to John Adams.
7. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Shoulder and hand.
(b) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
8. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They start their music before fighting.
(b) They retreat.
(c) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(d) They use bows and arrows.
9. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) He is exposed as a spy.
(b) He flees in terror.
(c) He suffers a heart attack on the battlefield.
(d) He is also wounded.
10. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
(b) Very confident.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't know the battle is coming.
(d) That he is going to die on the battlefield.
11. Who shares Sumner's concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river.
(b) Nearly everyone.
12. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
(a) Just as his men make a strong defense.
(b) Just as he loses his hearing from a loud explosion.
(c) Just as his forces begin to flee.
(d) Just as he is wounded himself.
13. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
14. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
(a) No battle; the war is over.
(b) A battle with polio.
(d) The Battle of Waterloo.
15. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
(a) He wants to wait for reinforcements.
(b) He has lost his nerve.
(c) He has gone insane.
(d) He knows he is greatly outnumbered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
2. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
3. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
4. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
5. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)