|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jackson worried the Union soldiers will use as an escape route from the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Boats and canoes.
(b) The Rappahannock River.
(c) The Susquehannah Mountains.
(d) The tunnels they dug the previous winter.
2. What does Jackson see General Howard doing for his men during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Trying to rally them.
(b) Taking care of the wounded.
(c) Praying with his men.
(d) Killing those who are badly wounded so they don't suffer needlessly.
3. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) The telegraph office.
(b) The telegram office.
(c) Back to his tent.
4. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General English.
(b) General French.
(c) General Deustch.
(d) General Espana.
5. What natural event seems like the only thing that will stop Jackson's advance at Chancellorsville?
(a) A tornado.
(c) A horrible thunderstorm.
(d) A horrible snowstorm.
6. What do Jackson's men do after they hear of his death?
(a) Take a moment of silence.
(b) Resign from the army in protest.
(c) Give the rebel yell.
(d) Line up for miles outside his home.
7. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
(a) To defend Georgia and the Carolinas.
(b) To spend the summer off, relaxing in Florida.
(c) To attack the White House.
(d) To defend Texas.
8. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) The fog.
(b) An eyescope.
(d) Heavy, heavy rain.
9. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Only a batallion or two.
(b) Lee's entire army.
(c) Just skirmishers.
(d) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
10. How many ways do Jackson and Lee split their army around Chancellorsville?
11. How does Jane die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She dies of hunger.
(c) From scarlet fever.
(d) She drowns in a lake.
12. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Exploit it.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Distract the enemy from it.
(d) Plug it.
13. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
(a) The Twentieth Maine, the Seventeenth Vermont, and the Twelfth New York.
(b) The Twentieth Maine and the Seventeenth Vermont.
(c) The Twentieth Maine.
(d) All of the Union forces.
14. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(b) They use bows and arrows.
(c) They retreat.
(d) They start their music before fighting.
15. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) It's their last major battle.
(b) No one is even wounded in it.
(c) It's their first major battle.
(d) Everyone dies in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major icon is Hancock hoping to storm during the battle of Fredericksburg?
2. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
3. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
4. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
5. How does Jackson feel before the battle near Fredericksburg?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)