|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
(d) Only one.
2. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By moving his forces north.
(b) By moving his forces south.
(c) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
(d) By writing his autobiography.
3. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) A beloved letter from his wife.
(b) His left arm.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His horse.
4. Who comes to visit Jackson as he is recovering from his war wounds?
(a) His sister and mother.
(b) His father and brother.
(c) His wife and daughter.
(d) His mother and father.
5. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
(a) Kill them all.
(b) Send them to jail as prisoners of war.
(d) Drive them off of the hills.
6. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
(a) Very thick mud.
(b) A swarm of locusts.
(c) Thick, tangled forests.
(d) A mequito infestation.
7. What does Jackson dream of while recovering from his war wounds?
(a) His parents.
(b) Being back home with his wife and daughter.
(c) His childhood.
8. Why can't Lee launch one final attack against the Union troops in Fredericksburg?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) The men refuse to follow his orders any longer.
(c) They have escaped by the time he attacks.
(d) He is called away to another battle.
9. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
10. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
(a) Almost miraculously, they heal nearly overnight.
(b) Very badly.
(c) Very slowly and painfully.
(d) Very well.
11. What slows Hancock's men's advancement toward Fredericksburg?
(a) Fences and a canal.
(b) Fences, a canal, and a horrible snow storm.
(c) A canal.
12. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Shoulder and hand.
(b) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
13. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
(a) Just as his forces begin to flee.
(b) Just as he is wounded himself.
(c) Just as his men make a strong defense.
(d) Just as he loses his hearing from a loud explosion.
14. How does Jane die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She drowns in a lake.
(c) She dies of hunger.
(d) From scarlet fever.
15. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
(a) A battle with polio.
(c) The Battle of Waterloo.
(d) No battle; the war is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hancock assemble his troops to prepare for the battle at Fredericksburg?
2. What surprised Jackson about the swamp he left alone during the battle of Fredericksburg?
3. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
4. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
5. When does Jackson order his last division into battle at Chancellorsville?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)