|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(d) Vice President.
2. What happens to A.P. Hill during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) He is exposed as a spy.
(b) He is also wounded.
(c) He suffers a heart attack on the battlefield.
(d) He flees in terror.
3. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) March around the Union lines.
(b) Pray for 30 minutes.
(c) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(d) Have too much to drink.
4. What does Hancock think about why the Confederates are attacking him with such a small force outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) It's exactly what he expected would happen.
(b) He finds it confusing.
(c) He finds it laughable.
(d) He is terrified about it.
5. When does Jackson think Burnside will start the attack across the Rappahannock River?
(a) December 12.
(b) April 12.
(c) February 12.
(d) May 12.
6. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
(a) A swarm of locusts.
(b) Very thick mud.
(c) A mequito infestation.
(d) Thick, tangled forests.
7. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) February 11.
(b) April 11.
(c) December 11.
(d) May 11.
8. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
(a) Less than half.
(b) Less than one-quarter.
(c) Less than one-third.
(d) Nearly all; he only took one unit.
9. Who commands the division that goes in front of Hancock's at Fredericksburg?
(a) General French.
(b) General English.
(c) General Deustch.
(d) General Espana.
10. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By writing his autobiography.
(b) By moving his forces north.
(c) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
(d) By moving his forces south.
11. What role in the battle of Chancellorsville do Hancock's men play once Hooker is wounded?
(a) Rear attack.
(b) Rear guard.
(c) Front-line attack.
(d) Front-line defense.
12. Who does General Sumner speak to about his concern about General Burnside's plan to cross the river?
13. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) One week.
(b) Just seconds; they have joined units.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few hours.
14. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) No one is even wounded in it.
(b) It's their first major battle.
(c) Everyone dies in it.
(d) It's their last major battle.
15. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Union men actually encounter around Chancellorsville?
2. Who sends word to Lee that the Union army is crossing the river after Fredericksburg?
3. How do Jackson's wounds heal initially?
4. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
5. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)