|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what does Jackson see General Howard during the initial attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) The fog.
(c) An eyescope.
(d) Heavy, heavy rain.
2. What are the Union troops commanded to do at Chancellorsville once Hooker has been wounded?
(a) Fight even harder in his name.
(c) Pull back.
(d) Charge at full-speed.
3. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
4. Where are Lee's army located near Fredericksburg after the battle of Chancellorsville?
(a) In a large field they took over from a farmer.
(b) In the homes of the residents.
(c) Throughout the thick woods.
(d) In government buildings and inns.
5. What does Jackson order his troops to do about the gap by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Distract the enemy from it.
(b) Exploit it.
(c) Plug it.
(d) Ignore it.
6. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(a) Shoulder and hand.
(c) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
7. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
(a) From Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) From Colonel to General.
(d) From General to Colonel.
8. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) March around the Union lines.
(b) Have too much to drink.
(c) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(d) Pray for 30 minutes.
9. Who is in charge of the Confederate men after Jackson and Hill are no longer able to command the troops?
(d) J.E.B. Stuart.
10. Who is A.P. Hill in relation to Jackson?
(a) His boss.
(b) His brother.
(c) His subordinate.
(d) His colleague.
11. What bad vaccine is an entire regiment given after Fredericksburg?
(a) Small pox.
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
12. What does Hancock think about why the Confederates are attacking him with such a small force outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) He finds it confusing.
(b) He is terrified about it.
(c) It's exactly what he expected would happen.
(d) He finds it laughable.
13. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) They charge at the Confederates as the cannons are firing.
(b) They start their music before fighting.
(c) They retreat.
(d) They use bows and arrows.
14. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He runs away in terror.
(c) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(d) He is exposed as a traitor.
15. What do the final forces in Fredericksburg finally do to Lee's remaining small force there?
(a) Drive them off of the hills.
(c) Kill them all.
(d) Send them to jail as prisoners of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
2. What battle are the Confederate troops heading toward when "Gods and Generals" concludes?
3. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
4. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
5. What does Hancock lose during the battle of Chancellorsville?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)