|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
(a) To defend Georgia and the Carolinas.
(b) To spend the summer off, relaxing in Florida.
(c) To attack the White House.
(d) To defend Texas.
2. Where is Jackson wounded during the battle at Chancellorsville?
(c) Shoulder, hand, and leg.
(d) Shoulder and hand.
3. Who is left in charge of the Twentieth Maine when Colonel Ames is no longer available?
(a) The unit collapses.
(b) The troops rejoice.
(c) The unit takes heavy casualties because they have lost their leadership.
(d) Chamberlain takes over.
4. What to Lee and Jackson use to help them find a road that leads toward the Federal troops outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) A written guide.
(b) A compass.
(c) A human guide.
(d) A map.
5. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
6. What unit is Chamberlain put in charge of after Fredericksburg?
(a) All of the Union forces.
(b) The Twentieth Maine and the Seventeenth Vermont.
(c) The Twentieth Maine.
(d) The Twentieth Maine, the Seventeenth Vermont, and the Twelfth New York.
7. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(c) No one.
8. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(d) Vice President.
9. Who let's Longstreet and his corps know that he will soon arrive across the Rappahannock to help with defense?
10. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
(b) Have too much to drink.
(c) March around the Union lines.
(d) Pray for 30 minutes.
11. Why does Hooker decide to have his men stop attacking around Chancellorsville?
(a) He has lost his nerve.
(b) He knows he is greatly outnumbered.
(c) He wants to wait for reinforcements.
(d) He has gone insane.
12. What do the Union men initially think they will encounter around Chancellorsville?
(a) Lee's entire army.
(b) A new kind of cannon they have only read about.
(c) Only a batallion or two.
(d) Just skirmishers.
13. How does Jane die?
(a) She drowns in a lake.
(b) From scarlet fever.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She dies of hunger.
14. When is Hancock told that Hooker has been wounded during the attack on Chancellorsville?
(a) Just as he is wounded himself.
(b) Just as his men make a strong defense.
(c) Just as his forces begin to flee.
(d) Just as he loses his hearing from a loud explosion.
15. How much time passes between when Hancock's men advance and when the Twentieth Main's men advance over the same land at Fredericksburg?
(a) One week.
(b) Just seconds; they have joined units.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Union troops initially respond to the Confederate attack outside of Chancellorsville?
2. Why can't Lee launch one final attack against the Union troops in Fredericksburg?
3. What must the Union army must way their way out of as the move against the Confederates around Chancellorsville?
4. Where does Hancock go to warn people that Lee must be up to something during the battle at Chancellorsville?
5. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)