|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mira?
(a) Hancock's daughter.
(b) Hancock's sister.
(c) Hancock's wife.
(d) Hancock's mother.
2. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
(a) Command of Richmond's provisional army.
(b) Command of Arlington's provisional army.
(c) Command of Virginia's provisional army.
(d) He makes him his own personal assistant.
3. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
(b) The Great Nation of California.
(c) The Great Nationstate of California.
(d) The California Republic.
4. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
(a) The death of his father-in-law.
(b) The death of his mother-in-law.
(c) The death of his mother.
(d) The death of his father.
5. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
(a) Lee's personal assistant.
(b) Lee's secretary.
(c) The Confederate Secretary of War.
(d) Lee's cavalry commander.
6. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Chamberlain.
(b) President Davis.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) President Washington.
7. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
(a) The Virginia Military Academy students.
(b) The Virginia Military Academy staff.
(c) The Virginia Military Academy faculty.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
8. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
(c) J.E.B. Stuart.
9. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
(a) No one; he doesn't want any part of the war.
(b) The Union.
(c) Whoever offers him a bigger promotion.
(d) The Confederacy.
10. What kind of teacher is Jackson portrayed as?
(a) One who is very receptive to student feedback.
(b) An awkward one.
(c) An amazing one.
(d) One his students all admire.
11. Where does Lee order Jackson to get his troops before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Into the mountains of Hayes Valley.
(b) Between the Union army and Washington.
(c) In the Shenandoah Hills.
(d) Into the creeks for safety.
12. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
(a) When Chamberlain starts leading his men down a hill in a loud charge.
(b) Just as the fighting gets rough.
(c) At night.
(d) At the sound of cannons.
13. When does Virginia secede from the union?
(a) The same day California secedes.
(b) The same day Lee resigns from the U.S. military forces.
(c) The same day Texas secedes.
(d) The same day Lincoln is assassinated.
14. Who is Dr. Junkin?
(a) Jackson's former father-in-law.
(b) Jackson's father.
(c) An old military colleague of Jackson's.
(d) An old neighbor of Jackson's.
15. Who is Kilrain?
(a) One of Chamberlain's sargeants.
(b) Chamberlain's personal assistant.
(c) Chamberlain's brother.
(d) Chamberlain's enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side does Hancock decide to fight for?
2. Who is General George McClellan?
3. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
4. How are Jackson's soldiers described during the Battle of Bull Run?
5. Who is General John Pope?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)