|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam Houston?
(a) The mayor of the town that will later be called Houston.
(b) The governor of California.
(c) The mayor of Los Angeles.
(d) The governor of Texas.
2. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
3. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) In Tijuana, guarding the Mexican/American border.
(b) In the frontier city of Boise, Idaho.
(c) In Mexico City.
(d) In the frontier city of Los Angeles.
4. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
5. During what war does "Gods and Generals" take place?
(a) The Mexican Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
6. What has left Lee's wife crippled?
(a) An accident.
(b) A heart attack.
7. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
(b) Bad weather.
(c) A fortune-teller's omen.
(d) Poor morale.
8. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
9. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Only 1 day.
(c) Nearly 6 months.
(d) Several months.
10. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
(a) He makes him his own personal assistant.
(b) Command of Richmond's provisional army.
(c) Command of Arlington's provisional army.
(d) Command of Virginia's provisional army.
11. What does Johnston cut off to Richmond during the first battle for control over the city?
(a) All electricity.
(b) All communication.
(c) The food supply.
(d) The water supply.
12. Who wins the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(a) The Union.
(b) This is a trick question; there is no Second Battle of Bull Run.
(c) The Confederacy.
(d) No one; it is a draw.
13. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
(b) The Virginia Military Academy.
(c) Virginia Tech.
(d) The U.S. Naval Academy.
14. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
(a) The Twentysecond Airborne.
(b) The Twentieth Maine.
(c) The Fifteenth Michigan Marines.
(d) The Third Battalion.
15. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
(b) Move to Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
2. What promotion does McClellan give Hancock when Hancock first arrives in Washington?
3. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
4. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent after Washington?
5. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)