|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
(a) The Third Battalion.
(b) The Fifteenth Michigan Marines.
(c) The Twentieth Maine.
(d) The Twentysecond Airborne.
2. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By lethal injection.
(b) By hanging.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By rifle.
3. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
(a) Right as President Lincoln is assassinated.
(b) A few weeks after the Battle of Bull Run.
(c) A few weeks before the Battle of Bull Run.
(d) Right as the Battle of Bull Run is taking place.
4. Why must Hancock wait so long for orders?
(a) Because he does not know what to do or where to go until they arrive.
(b) So he knows how much money he can leave his wife before he goes.
(c) So that he can know which side he is supposed to fight for.
(d) Because he is a spy now so he needs all the information he can get.
5. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The President of the Confederacy.
(b) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
(c) The President of the Union.
(d) The mayor of Richmond.
6. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
(a) Move to Washington, DC.
7. When does Hancock get promoted to command of a division?
(a) As a surprise during a dinner party.
(b) On his birthday.
(c) Never; this is a trick question.
(d) In the middle of a battle.
8. Where is Bowdoin College located?
9. How long do Hancock and his men have to wait until attacking Richmond (once they arrive into position)?
(a) Only one day.
(b) Nearly a month.
(c) Nearly a year.
(d) One week.
10. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
(a) Lee's cavalry commander.
(b) The Confederate Secretary of War.
(c) Lee's secretary.
(d) Lee's personal assistant.
11. How does Johnston wish to defend Richmond when it comes under attack from the Union?
(a) By advancing more.
(b) By fleeing so his forces can attack under cover of darkness.
(c) This is a trick question; Richmond never comes under attack.
(d) By retreating more.
12. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
13. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
(a) Colonel Arms.
(b) Colonel Avery.
(c) Colonel Annex.
(d) Colonel Ames.
14. What kind of hostess is Mira described as?
(a) A rude one.
(b) A rich one who throws very lavish and over-the-top parties.
(c) An excellent one.
(d) A boring one.
15. Who is Kilrain?
(a) Chamberlain's enemy.
(b) Chamberlain's brother.
(c) Chamberlain's personal assistant.
(d) One of Chamberlain's sargeants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
2. How long does Chamberlain's regiment have to train until it is sent to Washington?
3. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
4. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
5. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)