|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bowdoin College located?
2. How are Jackson's soldiers described during the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Standing like a "stone wall."
(b) Fleeing like "the true cowards that they are."
(c) Standing "strong" but falling "like God's children."
(d) Running into battle "like moths toward a flame."
3. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
(a) Poor morale.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) A fortune-teller's omen.
4. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does Jackson have?
5. What happens that allows for Hancock to be promoted to command of a division?
(a) He passes his training classes.
(b) He starts rumors about other people competing for his job.
(c) Another general is killed.
(d) He pays the officer wanting the bribe in exchange for the promotion.
6. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
(a) Whoever offers him a bigger promotion.
(b) No one; he doesn't want any part of the war.
(c) The Confederacy.
(d) The Union.
7. How are Lee's hands injured?
(a) He has really bad arthritis.
(b) They suffer from frostbite because he refuses to leave his troops.
(c) In a horse accident.
(d) He is shot.
8. Who does not respond well to the news that Chamberlain has joined a regiment?
(a) The governor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
9. Which side does Armistead decide to fight for?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) He actually decides to be a spy.
10. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By lethal injection.
(b) By rifle.
(c) By hanging.
(d) By drowning.
11. How does Chamberlain feel about Bowdoin's students volunteering to fight in the war?
(a) He thinks it should be mandatory.
(b) He thinks it is a waste.
(c) He supports them.
(d) He thinks they should do so, but only after they graduate.
12. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
(a) Pretend he doesn't see what is happening.
(c) Pray for his soul.
(d) Fire his rifle.
13. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
(a) He makes him his own personal assistant.
(b) Command of Arlington's provisional army.
(c) Command of Richmond's provisional army.
(d) Command of Virginia's provisional army.
14. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(c) The battles along the James River.
(d) Anywhere they can.
15. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first attack on Richmond, what do Lee and Davis do to see what is going on with the troops?
2. How could McClellan's military strategy best be defined?
3. Who is J.E.B. Stuart when he is first introduced.
4. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
5. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)