|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee first meet with the governor of Virginia?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) His estate.
2. Who is Dr. Junkin?
(a) Jackson's father.
(b) An old neighbor of Jackson's.
(c) An old military colleague of Jackson's.
(d) Jackson's former father-in-law.
3. How long do Hancock and his men have to wait until attacking Richmond (once they arrive into position)?
(a) One week.
(b) Nearly a year.
(c) Only one day.
(d) Nearly a month.
4. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Winfield Scott.
(d) General Washington.
5. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
(a) The Shenandoah Valley.
(b) In Alabama, trying to get to the battle as fast as possible.
(c) Still stuck in Texas.
(d) Hayes Valley.
6. How long does Chamberlain's regiment have to train until it is sent to Washington?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
7. Who wins the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(a) The Confederacy.
(b) This is a trick question; there is no Second Battle of Bull Run.
(c) No one; it is a draw.
(d) The Union.
8. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
(a) Several months.
(b) Only 1 day.
(c) Nearly 6 months.
(d) Several weeks.
9. When does Hancock get promoted to command of a division?
(a) Never; this is a trick question.
(b) In the middle of a battle.
(c) As a surprise during a dinner party.
(d) On his birthday.
10. What is Hancock told will happen if Lincoln wins the election?
(a) That civil war will break out.
(b) That civil war will be avoided.
(c) That he will be assassinated.
(d) That Hancock will be promoted.
11. What position is Lee offered in the US military as the civil war threatens to start?
(a) None; he quits before anyone can make him an offer.
(b) None; he is fired.
(c) First in command.
(d) Second in command.
12. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
(a) Poor morale.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) A fortune-teller's omen.
13. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
(a) Four-Star General.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) Master General.
(d) Brigadier General.
14. Why does Johnston come to Los Angeles when Hancock and Armistead are still there?
(a) To try to make it in the movie industry before war breaks out.
(b) To move permanently.
(c) To try to convince them to join his side.
(d) To get as far away from the fighting as possible.
15. What is Chamberlain and his men's assignment during their first battle?
(a) To pose as spies.
(b) To stay in reserve.
(c) To scout out the other side's locations.
(d) To be on the front line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
2. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
3. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
4. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
5. Who is Kilrain?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)