|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Washington.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Davis.
(d) President Chamberlain.
2. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) None; this is a trick question.
(b) The Mexican Army.
(c) The Confederacy.
(d) The U.S. Army.
3. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
4. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) The death of his mother-in-law.
(c) The death of his mother.
(d) The death of his father-in-law.
5. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
(a) Move to Washington, DC.
6. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
(a) Walk, not run.
(b) Look as panicked as they can.
(c) Walk backwards so no one shoots them in the back.
(d) Play their drums extra loud.
7. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
8. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
(a) From a telegram.
(b) From a soldier departing a train.
(c) From a conversation in a coffee shop.
(d) From the radio.
9. What happens to McClellan after he withdraws from Richmond?
(a) He is relieved of command.
(b) He decides to fight for the south.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is sent to Europe on a diplomatic mission.
10. Who visits McClellan has he and his troops stay put after Lee retreats?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Chamberlain.
(c) President Davis.
(d) President Lincoln.
11. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
(a) Still stuck in Texas.
(b) Hayes Valley.
(c) In Alabama, trying to get to the battle as fast as possible.
(d) The Shenandoah Valley.
12. After the first attack on Richmond, what do Lee and Davis do to see what is going on with the troops?
(a) Send out spies.
(b) Order field reports.
(c) Head to the front lines.
(d) Go undercover.
13. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
(b) Bad weather.
(c) A fortune-teller's omen.
(d) Poor morale.
14. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
(a) That he be allowed to travel to Canada.
(b) That he be allowed to fight for the North.
(c) That he be allowed to still work for Lee.
(d) That he be allowed to buy his brother.
15. How are Lee's hands injured?
(a) In a horse accident.
(b) They suffer from frostbite because he refuses to leave his troops.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He has really bad arthritis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
2. Who is Dr. Junkin?
3. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
4. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
5. Who travels with Lee en route to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)