|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Lee offered in the US military as the civil war threatens to start?
(a) First in command.
(b) None; he is fired.
(c) None; he quits before anyone can make him an offer.
(d) Second in command.
2. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The Mexican Army.
(b) None; this is a trick question.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) The Confederacy.
3. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By hanging.
(b) By drowning.
(c) By lethal injection.
(d) By rifle.
4. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
(a) Barton and Gen. Davis.
(b) Johnston and Larkspur.
(c) Jackson and Longstreet.
(d) Johnson and Longfellow.
5. How are Jackson's soldiers described during the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Standing like a "stone wall."
(b) Running into battle "like moths toward a flame."
(c) Fleeing like "the true cowards that they are."
(d) Standing "strong" but falling "like God's children."
6. Where is Chamberlain nearly killed during his first battle?
(a) In the back of a wagon.
(b) In a trench.
(c) On horseback.
(d) At the top of a hill.
7. When do Hancock and his men attack Richmond?
(a) In May.
(b) In December.
(c) In January.
(d) In August.
8. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
(a) He makes him his own personal assistant.
(b) Command of Arlington's provisional army.
(c) Command of Richmond's provisional army.
(d) Command of Virginia's provisional army.
9. Where is John Brown from?
10. When does Hancock get promoted to command of a division?
(a) Never; this is a trick question.
(b) As a surprise during a dinner party.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) In the middle of a battle.
11. When do the armies resume fighting after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Spring of 1862.
(b) Spring of 1962.
(c) Fall of 1962.
(d) Fall of 1862.
12. Who is General George McClellan?
(a) The man in charge of Washington's forces.
(b) Commander of the Confederate army.
(c) Commander of the Union army.
(d) The vice president.
13. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
14. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
(a) From Texas.
(b) From Virginia.
(c) From Washington.
(d) From the governor of California.
15. When does Virginia secede from the union?
(a) The same day Texas secedes.
(b) The same day Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) The same day Lee resigns from the U.S. military forces.
(d) The same day California secedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
2. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
3. Who travels with Lee en route to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
4. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
5. How are Lee's hands injured?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)