|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
2. What does Mr. Hamilton do for a living?
(b) Provides ammunition to the military.
(c) Owns and runs a newspaper.
(d) Rubs elbows with famous, rich people.
3. How long does Chamberlain's regiment have to train until it is sent to Washington?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What is Chamberlain and his men's assignment during their first battle?
(a) To pose as spies.
(b) To stay in reserve.
(c) To be on the front line.
(d) To scout out the other side's locations.
5. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
6. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
(a) Right as President Lincoln is assassinated.
(b) A few weeks after the Battle of Bull Run.
(c) Right as the Battle of Bull Run is taking place.
(d) A few weeks before the Battle of Bull Run.
7. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
(a) The Twentieth Maine.
(b) The Fifteenth Michigan Marines.
(c) The Twentysecond Airborne.
(d) The Third Battalion.
8. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Jackson's victory.
9. What is Chamberlain's job at Bowdoin College?
(a) He is just a student there.
(d) Vice President.
10. How does Johnston wish to defend Richmond when it comes under attack from the Union?
(a) By retreating more.
(b) By advancing more.
(c) By fleeing so his forces can attack under cover of darkness.
(d) This is a trick question; Richmond never comes under attack.
11. What does Johnston cut off to Richmond during the first battle for control over the city?
(a) All communication.
(b) The water supply.
(c) The food supply.
(d) All electricity.
12. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
(a) In Alabama, trying to get to the battle as fast as possible.
(b) Still stuck in Texas.
(c) Hayes Valley.
(d) The Shenandoah Valley.
13. During what war does "Gods and Generals" take place?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Mexican Civil War.
14. What promotion does McClellan give Hancock when Hancock first arrives in Washington?
(a) From Lieutenant to Colonel.
(b) From Captain to Brigadier General.
(c) From General to Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to Lieutenant.
15. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
(a) Walk, not run.
(b) Walk backwards so no one shoots them in the back.
(c) Play their drums extra loud.
(d) Look as panicked as they can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Johnston before he loses command of the army?
2. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
3. How are Lee's hands injured?
4. Who wins the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. Who is Jefferson Davis?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)