|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee order Jackson to get his troops before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Into the creeks for safety.
(b) Between the Union army and Washington.
(c) In the Shenandoah Hills.
(d) Into the mountains of Hayes Valley.
2. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
(a) The Virginia Military Academy faculty.
(b) The Virginia Military Academy students.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) The Virginia Military Academy staff.
3. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
(a) Colonel Arms.
(b) Colonel Ames.
(c) Colonel Annex.
(d) Colonel Avery.
4. What promotion does McClellan give Hancock when Hancock first arrives in Washington?
(a) From Lieutenant to Colonel.
(b) From Captain to Brigadier General.
(c) From General to Colonel.
(d) From Colonel to Lieutenant.
5. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) In the frontier city of Boise, Idaho.
(b) In Mexico City.
(c) In Tijuana, guarding the Mexican/American border.
(d) In the frontier city of Los Angeles.
6. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The President of the Union.
(b) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
(c) The mayor of Richmond.
(d) The President of the Confederacy.
7. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
(a) Not much.
(b) Train them all on hand-to-hand combat.
(c) Get them all to learn how to read and write.
(d) Convince them to take a cut in pay.
8. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
(a) Hayes Valley.
(b) Outside of Yorktown.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
9. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
10. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
(a) Just one (his brother).
(c) Only a few dozen.
11. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Anywhere they can.
(d) The battles along the James River.
12. Who is Mira?
(a) Hancock's wife.
(b) Hancock's mother.
(c) Hancock's sister.
(d) Hancock's daughter.
13. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
14. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
(a) The Twentieth Maine.
(b) The Twentysecond Airborne.
(c) The Third Battalion.
(d) The Fifteenth Michigan Marines.
15. Where is Chamberlain nearly killed during his first battle?
(a) On horseback.
(b) At the top of a hill.
(c) In a trench.
(d) In the back of a wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
2. Who tells the regiment that McClellan thinks they won a great victory even though they took heavy losses?
3. Which side does Armistead decide to fight for?
4. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
5. What happens to Johnston before he loses command of the army?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)