|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does "Gods and Generals" begin?
(a) After the war.
(b) A few years into the war.
(c) A few years before the war.
(d) Near the end of the war.
2. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
(a) Just one (his brother).
(c) Only a few dozen.
3. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
(a) At the sound of cannons.
(b) Just as the fighting gets rough.
(c) When Chamberlain starts leading his men down a hill in a loud charge.
(d) At night.
4. What is Chamberlain's job at Bowdoin College?
(a) He is just a student there.
(b) Vice President.
5. What happens that allows for Hancock to be promoted to command of a division?
(a) He passes his training classes.
(b) He pays the officer wanting the bribe in exchange for the promotion.
(c) Another general is killed.
(d) He starts rumors about other people competing for his job.
6. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
(a) Johnson and Longfellow.
(b) Barton and Gen. Davis.
(c) Johnston and Larkspur.
(d) Jackson and Longstreet.
7. Who is General George McClellan?
(a) Commander of the Confederate army.
(b) The man in charge of Washington's forces.
(c) Commander of the Union army.
(d) The vice president.
8. Who visits McClellan has he and his troops stay put after Lee retreats?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) General Chamberlain.
(c) President Davis.
(d) General Lee.
9. What happens to McClellan after he withdraws from Richmond?
(a) He is sent to Europe on a diplomatic mission.
(b) He decides to fight for the south.
(c) He is relieved of command.
(d) He dies.
10. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
(a) A few weeks before the Battle of Bull Run.
(b) Right as President Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) A few weeks after the Battle of Bull Run.
(d) Right as the Battle of Bull Run is taking place.
11. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) General Washington.
(b) General Winfield Scott.
(c) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
(d) General Lee.
12. What does Johnston cut off to Richmond during the first battle for control over the city?
(a) All communication.
(b) All electricity.
(c) The water supply.
(d) The food supply.
13. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
(a) That he be allowed to fight for the North.
(b) That he be allowed to buy his brother.
(c) That he be allowed to travel to Canada.
(d) That he be allowed to still work for Lee.
14. What kind of hostess is Mira described as?
(a) A rich one who throws very lavish and over-the-top parties.
(b) An excellent one.
(c) A rude one.
(d) A boring one.
15. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
(a) That he be invited to dinner.
(b) That he be allowed to marry Hancock's daughter.
(c) That he be sent reinforcements right away.
(d) That he never be contacted again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the regiment Chamberlain joins?
2. Who is General Twiggs?
3. How long does it take Lee and his army to defeat the army that threatened Richmond from the east?
4. Why must Hancock wait so long for orders?
5. Who is Dr. Junkin?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)