|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chamberlain and his men's assignment during their first battle?
(a) To stay in reserve.
(b) To pose as spies.
(c) To be on the front line.
(d) To scout out the other side's locations.
2. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Only 1 day.
(c) Several months.
(d) Nearly 6 months.
3. During what war does "Gods and Generals" take place?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) The Mexican Civil War.
4. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
(a) From Virginia.
(b) From the governor of California.
(c) From Washington.
(d) From Texas.
5. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
(a) The Virginia Military Academy staff.
(b) The Virginia Military Academy faculty.
(c) The Virginia Military Academy students.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
6. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
(a) Get them all to learn how to read and write.
(b) Convince them to take a cut in pay.
(c) Train them all on hand-to-hand combat.
(d) Not much.
7. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The Mexican Army.
(b) The U.S. Army.
(c) The Confederacy.
(d) None; this is a trick question.
8. Why must Hancock wait so long for orders?
(a) Because he does not know what to do or where to go until they arrive.
(b) Because he is a spy now so he needs all the information he can get.
(c) So he knows how much money he can leave his wife before he goes.
(d) So that he can know which side he is supposed to fight for.
9. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
(a) No one; he doesn't want any part of the war.
(b) The Union.
(c) The Confederacy.
(d) Whoever offers him a bigger promotion.
10. What rank does Lee make Jackson when he comes seeking an appointment?
11. On what date does the presidential election take place?
(a) November 6, 1860.
(b) November 6, 1900.
(c) November 6, 1886.
(d) November 6, 1845.
12. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
(a) Outside of Yorktown.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
(d) Hayes Valley.
13. What does Houston tell Lee when they first meet?
(a) That if California secedes, the army will not resist.
(b) That if Texas secedes, the army will not resist.
(c) That if California secedes, the army will resist.
(d) That if Texas secedes, the army will resist.
14. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent after Washington?
(d) Back to Massachusetts.
15. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Washington.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Chamberlain.
(d) President Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do with his wife before he rides off to war with the Corps of Cadets?
2. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
3. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
4. Where does Lee order Jackson to get his troops before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. Who is Mira?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)