|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Davis.
(b) President Chamberlain.
(c) President Washington.
(d) President Lincoln.
2. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
(a) His father.
(b) His grown son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His brother-in-law.
3. How does Chamberlain feel about Bowdoin's students volunteering to fight in the war?
(a) He thinks they should do so, but only after they graduate.
(b) He thinks it is a waste.
(c) He thinks it should be mandatory.
(d) He supports them.
4. What does Johnston cut off to Richmond during the first battle for control over the city?
(a) The water supply.
(b) All communication.
(c) All electricity.
(d) The food supply.
5. What kind of teacher is Jackson portrayed as?
(a) An amazing one.
(b) One who is very receptive to student feedback.
(c) One his students all admire.
(d) An awkward one.
6. Where is Bowdoin College located?
7. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
8. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
(a) Look as panicked as they can.
(b) Play their drums extra loud.
(c) Walk backwards so no one shoots them in the back.
(d) Walk, not run.
9. What position is Lee offered in the US military as the civil war threatens to start?
(a) None; he quits before anyone can make him an offer.
(b) First in command.
(c) Second in command.
(d) None; he is fired.
10. How do the Union troops under McClellan withdraw from their attack of Richmond?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By sea.
(c) By tank.
(d) In the middle of the night.
11. What happens to McClellan after he withdraws from Richmond?
(a) He is sent to Europe on a diplomatic mission.
(b) He decides to fight for the south.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is relieved of command.
12. Which side does Armistead decide to fight for?
(b) The North.
(c) He actually decides to be a spy.
(d) The South.
13. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
(a) Colonel Arms.
(b) Colonel Annex.
(c) Colonel Ames.
(d) Colonel Avery.
14. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
(a) He has just been fired.
(b) He has learned that he is very sick.
(c) His newborn daughter has died.
(d) His wife has died.
15. What does Mr. Hamilton do for a living?
(a) Rubs elbows with famous, rich people.
(b) Provides ammunition to the military.
(c) Owns and runs a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
2. Who is General Twiggs?
3. Where is John Brown from?
4. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
5. Who is Lewis Armistead?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)