|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
(a) The death of his mother-in-law.
(b) The death of his mother.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) The death of his father-in-law.
2. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The mayor of Richmond.
(b) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
(c) The President of the Union.
(d) The President of the Confederacy.
3. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
4. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By lethal injection.
(b) By hanging.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By rifle.
5. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
(a) Just one (his brother).
(c) Only a few dozen.
6. How long does Chamberlain's regiment have to train until it is sent to Washington?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
7. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
(a) At the sound of cannons.
(b) Just as the fighting gets rough.
(c) At night.
(d) When Chamberlain starts leading his men down a hill in a loud charge.
8. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
9. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Winfield Scott.
(c) General Washington.
(d) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
10. Which side does Hancock decide to fight for?
(a) The North.
(c) He actually decides to be a spy.
(d) The South.
11. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
(b) Bad weather.
(d) Jackson's victory.
12. What is Chamberlain and his men's assignment during their first battle?
(a) To stay in reserve.
(b) To be on the front line.
(c) To pose as spies.
(d) To scout out the other side's locations.
13. How do the Union troops under McClellan withdraw from their attack of Richmond?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By sea.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) By tank.
14. What promotion does McClellan give Hancock when Hancock first arrives in Washington?
(a) From General to Colonel.
(b) From Colonel to Lieutenant.
(c) From Lieutenant to Colonel.
(d) From Captain to Brigadier General.
15. Where is John Brown from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
2. Who is Sam Houston?
3. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
4. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
5. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)