|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapter 52-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
(a) Pretend he doesn't see what is happening.
(b) Fire his rifle.
(d) Pray for his soul.
2. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
(a) He makes him his own personal assistant.
(b) Command of Arlington's provisional army.
(c) Command of Virginia's provisional army.
(d) Command of Richmond's provisional army.
3. What does Mr. Hamilton do for a living?
(b) Provides ammunition to the military.
(c) Rubs elbows with famous, rich people.
(d) Owns and runs a newspaper.
4. What does Jackson do before telling his troops to charge outside of Chancellorsville?
(a) Pray for 30 minutes.
(b) Have too much to drink.
(c) March around the Union lines.
(d) Write a goodbye letter to his wife.
5. What animal is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many divisions does Lee leave behind to defend the hills overlooking Fredericksburg when he leaves toward Chancellorsville?
2. What has left Lee's wife crippled?
3. Who is General George McClellan?
4. Who travels with Lee en route to meet up with Jackson before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
5. What is Hancock in charge of when he is first introduced in the novel?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)