|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapter 44-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Burnside do when he encounters Jackson's men by the swamp during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) Advance further south.
(b) Advance further west.
(c) Advance further north.
(d) Advance further east.
2. How long does it take Lee and his army to defeat the army that threatened Richmond from the east?
(a) Seven months.
(b) One day.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Six months.
3. Who is General Twiggs?
(a) Lee's brother-in-law.
(b) Lee's commander.
(c) Lee's brother.
(d) Lee's father-in-law.
4. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
(b) Vice President.
5. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
(a) No one is even wounded in it.
(b) Everyone dies in it.
(c) It's their last major battle.
(d) It's their first major battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Hancock wait so long for orders?
2. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
3. Where is the Union trying to bring troops in from before the Second Battle of Bull Run?
4. What does Chamberlain ask the governor when he goes to the state capital after leaving Bowdoin?
5. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)