|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapter 44-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chamberlain and his men's assignment during their first battle?
(a) To be on the front line.
(b) To stay in reserve.
(c) To pose as spies.
(d) To scout out the other side's locations.
2. Who writes the letter to Lee informing him that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) A nurse.
(b) His wife.
(c) A doctor.
(d) His mother.
3. What is Hancock in charge of when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) A supply post filled with weapons and supplies.
(b) Top-secret military plans.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Protecting government personnel.
4. Where does McClellan keep his army after Lee retreats?
(a) On the Antietam battlefield.
(b) In the forest, mostly for shelter.
(c) In residential houses in Richmond.
(d) On boats on the Potomac.
5. When does Virginia secede from the union?
(a) The same day California secedes.
(b) The same day Lee resigns from the U.S. military forces.
(c) The same day Lincoln is assassinated.
(d) The same day Texas secedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
2. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
3. Who trains Chamberlain and his regiment?
4. How does Jane die?
5. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)