|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Houston tell Lee when they first meet?
(a) That if Texas secedes, the army will not resist.
(b) That if California secedes, the army will not resist.
(c) That if Texas secedes, the army will resist.
(d) That if California secedes, the army will resist.
2. What does Jackson do with his wife before he rides off to war with the Corps of Cadets?
(a) Eat a nice dinner out.
(c) Go on a quick vacation.
3. From whose point of view is the letter written that informs Lee that his wife has had a baby girl?
(a) The baby's.
(b) His wife's.
(d) His mother's.
4. What happens to Colonel Ames during the battle of Fredericksburg?
(a) He runs away in terror.
(b) He is called away to take command of another unit.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is exposed as a traitor.
5. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
(a) Hayes Valley.
(b) Still stuck in Texas.
(c) In Alabama, trying to get to the battle as fast as possible.
(d) The Shenandoah Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits McClellan has he and his troops stay put after Lee retreats?
2. What kind of hostess is Mira described as?
3. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
4. How long does it take Lee and his army to defeat the army that threatened Richmond from the east?
5. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)