|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
(a) Nearly 6 months.
(b) Several months.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Only 1 day.
2. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Lee's personal assistant.
(b) The commander of the Confederate Army.
(c) The president of the Confederacy.
(d) The vice president of the Confederacy.
3. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) General Lee.
(b) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
(c) General Washington.
(d) General Winfield Scott.
4. Who is Mira?
(a) Hancock's daughter.
(b) Hancock's wife.
(c) Hancock's mother.
(d) Hancock's sister.
5. Where is Bowdoin College located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not respond well to the news that Chamberlain has joined a regiment?
2. Who tells the regiment that McClellan thinks they won a great victory even though they took heavy losses?
3. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
4. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
5. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)