|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops does McClellan tell Hancock Lincoln has called for as the war begins?
2. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
(a) The death of his father-in-law.
(b) The death of his mother.
(c) The death of his mother-in-law.
(d) The death of his father.
3. Where is John Brown from?
4. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
(a) Play their drums extra loud.
(b) Walk backwards so no one shoots them in the back.
(c) Look as panicked as they can.
(d) Walk, not run.
5. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
(a) Jackson's victory.
(d) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he is put in command of the Confederate Army, who does Lee put in charge of his two corps?
2. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
3. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
4. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
5. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)