|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel.
(b) Brigadier General.
(c) Four-Star General.
(d) Master General.
2. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The U.S. Army.
(b) The Mexican Army.
(c) The Confederacy.
(d) None; this is a trick question.
3. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) The vice president of the Confederacy.
(b) The commander of the Confederate Army.
(c) Lee's personal assistant.
(d) The president of the Confederacy.
4. What promotion does McClellan give Hancock when Hancock first arrives in Washington?
(a) From General to Colonel.
(b) From Lieutenant to Colonel.
(c) From Captain to Brigadier General.
(d) From Colonel to Lieutenant.
5. How does Chamberlain feel about Bowdoin's students volunteering to fight in the war?
(a) He thinks they should do so, but only after they graduate.
(b) He supports them.
(c) He thinks it is a waste.
(d) He thinks it should be mandatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Union troops under McClellan withdraw from their attack of Richmond?
2. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
3. How many troops does McClellan tell Hancock Lincoln has called for as the war begins?
4. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
5. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)