|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
(b) Virginia Tech.
(c) He wouldn't have gone to college at all.
(d) West Point.
2. What does Houston tell Lee when they first meet?
(a) That if California secedes, the army will not resist.
(b) That if Texas secedes, the army will resist.
(c) That if Texas secedes, the army will not resist.
(d) That if California secedes, the army will resist.
3. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
(a) Command of Virginia's provisional army.
(b) Command of Arlington's provisional army.
(c) He makes him his own personal assistant.
(d) Command of Richmond's provisional army.
4. Who is Lewis Armistead?
(a) An old friend of Lee's.
(b) An old friend of Jackson's.
(c) An old friend of Hancock's.
(d) An old friend of Chamberlain's.
5. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
(a) A spy for the north that only the reader knows about.
(b) Lee's most trusted military adviser.
(c) Lee's new aide once he becomes commander of Virginia's forces.
(d) Lee's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
2. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
3. Where does Hancock wait so long to get orders from during his time in Los Angeles?
4. Who is Mira?
5. Where is John Brown from?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)