|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Major Armistead ask in a message to Hancock after Hancock meets with Hamilton?
(a) That he be sent reinforcements right away.
(b) That he be invited to dinner.
(c) That he never be contacted again.
(d) That he be allowed to marry Hancock's daughter.
2. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
(a) West Point.
(b) Virginia Tech.
(d) He wouldn't have gone to college at all.
3. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
(a) His wife has died.
(b) His newborn daughter has died.
(c) He has learned that he is very sick.
(d) He has just been fired.
4. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
(a) The Virginia Military Academy staff.
(b) The Virginia Military Academy faculty.
(c) The Virginia Military Academy students.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
(a) That he be allowed to still work for Lee.
(b) That he be allowed to travel to Canada.
(c) That he be allowed to buy his brother.
(d) That he be allowed to fight for the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
2. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
3. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
4. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
5. When does Virginia secede from the union?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)