|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The U.S. Naval Academy.
(c) The Virginia Military Academy.
(d) Virginia Tech.
2. What kind of teacher is Jackson portrayed as?
(a) An awkward one.
(b) One his students all admire.
(c) One who is very receptive to student feedback.
(d) An amazing one.
3. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The Confederacy.
(b) The U.S. Army.
(c) None; this is a trick question.
(d) The Mexican Army.
4. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) The Virginia Military Academy staff.
(c) The Virginia Military Academy students.
(d) The Virginia Military Academy faculty.
5. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By hanging.
(b) By lethal injection.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Junkin?
2. What animal is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens?
3. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
4. What has left Lee's wife crippled?
5. What position is Lee offered in the US military as the civil war threatens to start?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)