|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Houston tell Lee when they first meet?
(a) That if Texas secedes, the army will not resist.
(b) That if California secedes, the army will resist.
(c) That if California secedes, the army will not resist.
(d) That if Texas secedes, the army will resist.
2. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
(a) His newborn daughter has died.
(b) He has just been fired.
(c) His wife has died.
(d) He has learned that he is very sick.
3. Who serves as a protective force to make sure there is no trouble during John Brown's execution?
(a) The Virginia Military Academy faculty.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The Virginia Military Academy staff.
(d) The Virginia Military Academy students.
4. What is Hancock told will happen if Lincoln wins the election?
(a) That he will be assassinated.
(b) That civil war will break out.
(c) That civil war will be avoided.
(d) That Hancock will be promoted.
5. How is John Brown executed?
(a) By lethal injection.
(b) By drowning.
(c) By rifle.
(d) By hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is General Twiggs?
2. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
3. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
4. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
5. Where is John Brown from?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)