|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapter 44-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Houston tell Lee when they first meet?
(a) That if California secedes, the army will not resist.
(b) That if Texas secedes, the army will not resist.
(c) That if California secedes, the army will resist.
(d) That if Texas secedes, the army will resist.
2. How do Jackson and Lee react when they see the Union army stop in its tracks around Chancellorsville?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are kind and send a letter asking for peace.
(c) They celebrate immediately.
(d) They are relieved.
3. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) The slaves being forced to build the bridge.
(b) Men on horseback.
(c) The bodyguards.
(d) The engineers.
4. Why does the Union army retreat and create a defensive line around Chancellorsville?
(a) Because they have been told to defend Chancellorsville at all costs.
(b) Because they are sustaining very heavy losses.
(c) Because someone misread a telegram.
(d) Because they received orders to do so.
5. What animal is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragedy has just befallen Jackson when the novel opens?
2. When does Virginia secede from the union?
3. Why is the battle of Fredericksburg significant for the Twentieth Maine?
4. What does the governor give Chamberlain after he comes to visit?
5. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)