|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Virginia secede from the union?
(a) The same day California secedes.
(b) The same day Texas secedes.
(c) The same day Lincoln is assassinated.
(d) The same day Lee resigns from the U.S. military forces.
2. What promotion does McClellan give Hancock when Hancock first arrives in Washington?
(a) From Colonel to Lieutenant.
(b) From Lieutenant to Colonel.
(c) From General to Colonel.
(d) From Captain to Brigadier General.
3. How does Johnston wish to defend Richmond when it comes under attack from the Union?
(a) By advancing more.
(b) This is a trick question; Richmond never comes under attack.
(c) By retreating more.
(d) By fleeing so his forces can attack under cover of darkness.
4. What army does Lee belong to when he is first introduce in "Gods and Generals"?
(a) The Confederacy.
(b) The Mexican Army.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) None; this is a trick question.
5. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) In Tijuana, guarding the Mexican/American border.
(b) In Mexico City.
(c) In the frontier city of Boise, Idaho.
(d) In the frontier city of Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is General Twiggs?
2. How are Jackson's soldiers described during the Battle of Bull Run?
3. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
4. What does Johnston cut off to Richmond during the first battle for control over the city?
5. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)