|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Chamberlain have gone had he become a soldier instead of an academic?
(a) Virginia Tech.
(b) He wouldn't have gone to college at all.
(c) West Point.
2. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
(b) Just one (his brother).
(d) Only a few dozen.
3. Who is Mira?
(a) Hancock's daughter.
(b) Hancock's sister.
(c) Hancock's wife.
(d) Hancock's mother.
4. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
(a) That he be allowed to still work for Lee.
(b) That he be allowed to travel to Canada.
(c) That he be allowed to fight for the North.
(d) That he be allowed to buy his brother.
5. Who delivers the request from the Secretary of War to Lee?
(a) J.E.B. Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
2. What rank does Lee make Jackson when he comes seeking an appointment?
3. On what date does the presidential election take place?
4. How many troops does McClellan tell Hancock Lincoln has called for as the war begins?
5. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)