|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event leaves Lee in charge of his family estate?
(a) The death of his mother.
(b) The death of his father.
(c) The death of his mother-in-law.
(d) The death of his father-in-law.
2. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
(a) Walk, not run.
(b) Walk backwards so no one shoots them in the back.
(c) Look as panicked as they can.
(d) Play their drums extra loud.
3. Who is General Johnston when the Civil War resumes after the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) The vice president of the Confederacy.
(b) Lee's personal assistant.
(c) The commander of the Confederate Army.
(d) The president of the Confederacy.
4. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) General Winfield Scott.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Washington.
(d) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
5. Who is General George McClellan?
(a) Commander of the Union army.
(b) Commander of the Confederate army.
(c) The man in charge of Washington's forces.
(d) The vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
2. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
3. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
4. Where is Chamberlain hunting when the novel opens up?
5. What does Jackson do during John Brown's execution?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)