|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the presidential election take place?
(a) November 6, 1860.
(b) November 6, 1886.
(c) November 6, 1845.
(d) November 6, 1900.
2. What does Lee have to do after he transitions Virginia's forces into the main army?
(a) Train them all on hand-to-hand combat.
(b) Get them all to learn how to read and write.
(c) Convince them to take a cut in pay.
(d) Not much.
3. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Winfield Scott.
(c) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
(d) General Washington.
4. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
(a) Hayes Valley.
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Outside of Yorktown.
5. Who calls Lee back once Texas votes to secede?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
2. How many troops does McClellan tell Hancock Lincoln has called for as the war begins?
3. Who is Lewis Armistead?
4. Where does Jackson teach when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
5. Who is Mira?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)