|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Johnston before he loses command of the army?
(a) He is tried for treason.
(b) He flees in the middle of battle.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is killed.
2. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
(a) Lee's brother-in-law.
(b) Lee's most trusted military adviser.
(c) Lee's new aide once he becomes commander of Virginia's forces.
(d) A spy for the north that only the reader knows about.
3. What position is Lee offered in the US military as the civil war threatens to start?
(a) First in command.
(b) None; he is fired.
(c) Second in command.
(d) None; he quits before anyone can make him an offer.
4. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
5. When does "Gods and Generals" begin?
(a) A few years before the war.
(b) A few years into the war.
(c) Near the end of the war.
(d) After the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hancock finally arrive in Washington to begin serving in the war?
2. What kind of hostess is Mira described as?
3. How is John Brown executed?
4. What rank does Lee hold when he is first introduced in "Gods and Generals"?
5. Contrary to media reports, how many men does John Brown have with him during his "uprising"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)