|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 27-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first battle over Richmond, how many men does the Union have?
2. Who is in charge of the U.S. forces when Texas secedes?
(a) General Winfield Scott.
(b) General Washington.
(c) No one at first because things are very chaotic.
(d) General Lee.
3. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) The bodyguards.
(b) The slaves being forced to build the bridge.
(c) Men on horseback.
(d) The engineers.
4. What happens to Johnston before he loses command of the army?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He flees in the middle of battle.
(d) He is tried for treason.
5. Where are Jackson and his men posted when Richmond comes under attack in the early part of the war?
(a) Still stuck in Texas.
(b) Hayes Valley.
(c) The Shenandoah Valley.
(d) In Alabama, trying to get to the battle as fast as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives with Longstreet and his troops across the Rappahannock River?
2. Who arrives as back-up for Hancock as he is guarding his charge?
3. What happens that allows for Hancock to be promoted to command of a division?
4. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
5. What does one of Lee's freed slaves request?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)