|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 27-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hancock tell his men to do when they (appear to) retreat from their attack on Richmond?
(a) Look as panicked as they can.
(b) Walk, not run.
(c) Walk backwards so no one shoots them in the back.
(d) Play their drums extra loud.
2. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
(a) From a telegram.
(b) From a conversation in a coffee shop.
(c) From a soldier departing a train.
(d) From the radio.
3. Where is Hancock posted when he is first introduced in the novel?
(a) In the frontier city of Boise, Idaho.
(b) In Tijuana, guarding the Mexican/American border.
(c) In Mexico City.
(d) In the frontier city of Los Angeles.
4. Who does Lee immediately tell the good news to when he learns his wife has given birth to a baby girl?
(b) No one.
5. Where does Hancock's brigade unload as part of the army attacking Richmond?
(a) New York City.
(b) Outside of Yorktown.
(c) Hayes Valley.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton tell Hancock the new state of California will be called?
2. Where does Lee first meet with the governor of Virginia?
3. What does Hancock expect to be ordered to do after he is promoted to command of a division?
4. What delays the Union Army in the north during the first battle over Richmond?
5. What kinds of men are killed as the Union army tries to set up bridges to cross the Rappahannock River?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)