|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 27-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnston wish to defend Richmond when it comes under attack from the Union?
(a) By fleeing so his forces can attack under cover of darkness.
(b) By retreating more.
(c) By advancing more.
(d) This is a trick question; Richmond never comes under attack.
2. When does Virginia secede from the union?
(a) The same day California secedes.
(b) The same day Texas secedes.
(c) The same day Lincoln is assassinated.
(d) The same day Lee resigns from the U.S. military forces.
3. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
(a) The Union.
(b) Whoever offers him a bigger promotion.
(c) No one; he doesn't want any part of the war.
(d) The Confederacy.
4. Who is Sam Houston?
(a) The governor of Texas.
(b) The governor of California.
(c) The mayor of Los Angeles.
(d) The mayor of the town that will later be called Houston.
5. On what date does the Union army try to cross the Rappahannock River?
(a) February 11.
(b) May 11.
(c) April 11.
(d) December 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank does Lee make Jackson when he comes seeking an appointment?
2. When do Hancock and his men attack Richmond?
3. What does Jackson do with his wife before he rides off to war with the Corps of Cadets?
4. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
5. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)