|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters 39-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee first meet with the governor of Virginia?
(a) His estate.
(b) Washington, D.C.
2. Where does McClellan keep his army after Lee retreats?
(a) On the Antietam battlefield.
(b) In the forest, mostly for shelter.
(c) In residential houses in Richmond.
(d) On boats on the Potomac.
3. When does Hancock get promoted to command of a division?
(a) In the middle of a battle.
(b) As a surprise during a dinner party.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) Never; this is a trick question.
4. Where is Chamberlain nearly killed during his first battle?
(a) In the back of a wagon.
(b) In a trench.
(c) At the top of a hill.
(d) On horseback.
5. Who is Jefferson Davis?
(a) The President of the Union.
(b) The President of the Confederacy.
(c) The mayor of Richmond.
(d) The main commander of Virginia's forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Johnston resign to fight for?
2. How does Lee finally find out about how the Battle of Bull Run went?
3. How old is Jane when Jackson befriends her?
4. How are Jackson's soldiers described during the Battle of Bull Run?
5. How long does McClellan keep his army inactive after Lee's retreat?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)