|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters 39-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side does Hancock decide to fight for?
(a) The North.
(b) He actually decides to be a spy.
(c) The South.
2. What happens that allows for Hancock to be promoted to command of a division?
(a) He starts rumors about other people competing for his job.
(b) He pays the officer wanting the bribe in exchange for the promotion.
(c) He passes his training classes.
(d) Another general is killed.
3. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
(a) Poor morale.
(b) A fortune-teller's omen.
(c) Bad weather.
4. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
(a) Master General.
(b) Four-Star General.
(c) Brigadier General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
5. Who is Lieutenant Walter Taylor?
(a) Lee's new aide once he becomes commander of Virginia's forces.
(b) Lee's brother-in-law.
(c) Lee's most trusted military adviser.
(d) A spy for the north that only the reader knows about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
2. Who is Chamberlain surprised to see when he sets up camp with his new regiment?
3. Which side does Armistead decide to fight for?
4. What command does the governor of Virginia give Lee when they first meet?
5. What kind of hostess is Mira described as?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)