|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters 39-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provides McClellan with yet another excuse to keep his troops stationary after Lee retreats?
(a) Poor morale.
(b) A fortune-teller's omen.
(d) Bad weather.
2. Who visits McClellan has he and his troops stay put after Lee retreats?
(a) General Lee.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) President Davis.
(d) General Chamberlain.
3. Who tells the regiment that McClellan thinks they won a great victory even though they took heavy losses?
(a) Colonel Ames.
(b) General Washinton.
(c) General Chamberlain.
(d) Sargeant Pepper.
4. Who is Lewis Armistead?
(a) An old friend of Jackson's.
(b) An old friend of Chamberlain's.
(c) An old friend of Hancock's.
(d) An old friend of Lee's.
5. Who finally relieves McClellan of command for the last time?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) President Washington.
(c) President Chamberlain.
(d) President Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hancock get promoted to command of a division?
2. Why does Johnston come to Los Angeles when Hancock and Armistead are still there?
3. What promotion does Chamberlain receive after Fredericksburg?
4. After Lee leaves Virginia after Fredericksburg, how much of the army is left to defend the river?
5. How could McClellan's military strategy best be defined?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)