|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Chapters 39-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnston come to Los Angeles when Hancock and Armistead are still there?
(a) To get as far away from the fighting as possible.
(b) To move permanently.
(c) To try to convince them to join his side.
(d) To try to make it in the movie industry before war breaks out.
2. How does Burnside try to redeem himself after Fredericksburg?
(a) By writing his autobiography.
(b) By talking to a reporter about how it's not his fault.
(c) By moving his forces north.
(d) By moving his forces south.
3. Who replaces Burnside as commander of the Union Army?
4. After Chamberlain's first battle, when does Lee's army withdraw?
(a) At night.
(b) At the sound of cannons.
(c) Just as the fighting gets rough.
(d) When Chamberlain starts leading his men down a hill in a loud charge.
5. How does Jane die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) From scarlet fever.
(c) She drowns in a lake.
(d) She dies of hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davis order Lee to send troops after Fredericksburg?
2. What position does Davis first promote Lee to?
3. Where is Chamberlain nearly killed during his first battle?
4. What is Chamberlain's brother promoted to after Fredericksburg?
5. Who is Lewis Armistead?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)