|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
2. Which meat are the revelers supposed to be eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
3. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
4. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
5. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
2. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
3. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
4. What happens to Godric as he passes through the Durham gate on his way to Bishop Pudsey's Christmas mass?
5. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
6. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
7. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
8. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
9. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
10. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to change the relationship between Godric and Burcwen? Why? How does Burcwen's behavior toward Godric change? How does Godric feel about that?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Godric's adventures with Roger Mouse. What impact does Godric's friendship with Roger Mouse have on him? What does he learn about human nature from this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Falkes de Granvill? What moral dilemma does Godric experience with Falkes de Granvill's wife, Hedwic? Why does he finally leave the service of Falkes de Granvill?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)