|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
2. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
3. What does Reginald hold to Godric's lips to see if he is still alive?
4. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
5. Who says farewell to Godric on his last trip to Farne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
2. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
3. What does Reginald say of Godric's newly-acquired ability to read and write?
4. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
5. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
6. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
7. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
8. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
9. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
10. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Godric's family's house burns down in his absence? How do they evolve as a family together again? What tragedies befall them? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Godric hear the "cries of the poor"? How are the cries sometimes drowned out? Why does Godric feel this way about the poor?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Gillian so significant to Godric? How does she appear to him? What does she say to him? Does she appear to anyone else? How does Godric feel about her and why?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)