|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric believes that sometimes when the sea is calm, a splash, a spewing up of foam, makes clear that _____churn below.
2. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
3. Where does Godric wander to when Elric dies?
4. When Flambard was Lord Chancellor, it is said that all _____ slept and money ruled the land.
5. Where is Aedward finally buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
2. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
3. How does Godric really feel about the sacrifices he has made for God as a hermit?
4. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
5. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
6. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
7. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
8. What does Reginald say of Godric's newly-acquired ability to read and write?
9. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
10. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Godric is taken to Burcwen's grave, how does he react? How does he sum up her life?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Godric's family's house burns down in his absence? How do they evolve as a family together again? What tragedies befall them? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How do Godric and Roger Mouse make money on the Saint Esprit? How do they use piracy aboard their own ship to further their gains? How does Godric's behavior differ from Roger Mouse's? How does Godric ultimately feel about his actions afterward? Why has he called himself by a different name during his adventures with Roger Mouse?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)