|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Saint Esprit go down with Roger Mouse?
2. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
3. In what place does Peregrine Small die?
4. Ailred's cough is like _____ to Godric.
5. What ailment does Ailred have that vexes Godric constantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
2. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
3. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
4. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
5. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
6. As he gets older, how does Godric resist his weakening state?
7. How does Reginald sum up Godric's effect on serpents in the last chapter of the book?
8. How does Tom Ball bless Godric when he leaves home?
9. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
10. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
Essay Topic 1
How do Godric and Roger Mouse make money on the Saint Esprit? How do they use piracy aboard their own ship to further their gains? How does Godric's behavior differ from Roger Mouse's? How does Godric ultimately feel about his actions afterward? Why has he called himself by a different name during his adventures with Roger Mouse?
Essay Topic 2
How does Godric hear the "cries of the poor"? How are the cries sometimes drowned out? Why does Godric feel this way about the poor?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Reginald seek Godric's blessing in the writing of his book? What is Godric's reaction to Reginald's telling of his story?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)