|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
2. Captain Mouse is Godric's charm against _____on the Saint Esprit.
3. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
4. What color is the pope's saddle as Godric watches him ride past?
5. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
2. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
3. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
4. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
5. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
6. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
7. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
8. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
9. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
10. As he gets older, how does Godric resist his weakening state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Godric and Roger Mouse make money on the Saint Esprit? How do they use piracy aboard their own ship to further their gains? How does Godric's behavior differ from Roger Mouse's? How does Godric ultimately feel about his actions afterward? Why has he called himself by a different name during his adventures with Roger Mouse?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Gillian so significant to Godric? How does she appear to him? What does she say to him? Does she appear to anyone else? How does Godric feel about her and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Godric's encounter with Bishop Flambard at the school where he works. What is the conflict with their values? Why does Bishop Flambard criticize Godric?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)