Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
3. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
4. Of what is Godric speaking when Falkes de Granvill compliments him for speaking so fair?
5. What is Hedwic's heritage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
2. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
3. How does Tom Ball bless Godric when he leaves home?
4. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
5. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
6. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
7. Describe the three Godrics that Godric talks about in reference to his telling the tales of his life.
8. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
9. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
10. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Aedwen insist that Godric go to Rome with her? Why does Godric go? What happens when they get to Rome?
Essay Topic 2
How does Godric hear the "cries of the poor"? How are the cries sometimes drowned out? Why does Godric feel this way about the poor?
Essay Topic 3
How do Godric and Roger Mouse make money on the Saint Esprit? How do they use piracy aboard their own ship to further their gains? How does Godric's behavior differ from Roger Mouse's? How does Godric ultimately feel about his actions afterward? Why has he called himself by a different name during his adventures with Roger Mouse?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)