|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Godric see in the woods on the way home from Rome?
2. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
3. In what place does Peregrine Small die?
4. Who do people say has scored Godric's body?
5. Godric decides that Roger Mouse's sins smacked less of evil than of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
2. Describe Ailred's coughing as the Wear threatens to flood its banks.
3. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
4. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
5. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
6. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
7. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
8. Describe the pictish king.
9. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
10. What are Godric's memories of his father, Aedlward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Godric's encounter with the Devil. What does the Devil look like? How does Godric know he is fighting the Devil? What happens at the end of the battle?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Godric and Perkin. Is he one of the five friends mentioned in the beginning of the book? Why or why not? What happens to Perkin?
Essay Topic 3
How does Godric hear the "cries of the poor"? How are the cries sometimes drowned out? Why does Godric feel this way about the poor?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)