|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ailred's cough is like _____ to Godric.
2. What does Godric liken Gillian's laughter to?
3. Who kicked Godric's father in the groin before he died?
4. What do the monks give followers that they send to Godric for healing to prove they have been sent by the monks?
5. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
2. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
3. How does Godric describe his own supposed hermit status?
4. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
5. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
6. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
7. How does Godric question his reasons for deciding to go to Rome with his mother?
8. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
9. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
10. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the martyrdom of Peregrine Small. What is he like as a person? How is he a friend of Godric's? What happens to cause his martyrdom?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Gillian so significant to Godric? How does she appear to him? What does she say to him? Does she appear to anyone else? How does Godric feel about her and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Cuthbert? What are his instructions to Godric? How does Godric feel about Cuthbert's instructions? Where does Cuthbert tell Godric to do these things? Why?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)