|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deric short for?
2. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
3. What does Aedwen give the Roman with the crooked back in order to show her and Godric the holy sites of Rome?
4. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
5. Where are the pilgrims from who join Godric and Aedwen on their journey home from Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
2. As he gets older, how does Godric resist his weakening state?
3. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
4. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
5. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
6. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
7. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
8. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
9. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
10. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Godric's encounter with the Devil. What does the Devil look like? How does Godric know he is fighting the Devil? What happens at the end of the battle?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to change the relationship between Godric and Burcwen? Why? How does Burcwen's behavior toward Godric change? How does Godric feel about that?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Cuthbert? What are his instructions to Godric? How does Godric feel about Cuthbert's instructions? Where does Cuthbert tell Godric to do these things? Why?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)