|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
2. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
3. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
4. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
5. Who do people say has scored Godric's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
2. How is Godric able to see the future when he sails and how does this foresight evolve?
3. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
4. Who is Maud and what is she like?
5. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
6. How does Godric question his reasons for deciding to go to Rome with his mother?
7. Describe Ailred's coughing as the Wear threatens to flood its banks.
8. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
9. What is Godric's purpose for going to Farne?
10. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Reginald seek Godric's blessing in the writing of his book? What is Godric's reaction to Reginald's telling of his story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Godric and Roger Mouse save King Baldwin. Who is this king? How does this act lead to the end of their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Aedwen insist that Godric go to Rome with her? Why does Godric go? What happens when they get to Rome?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)