|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
(a) Old Ben.
(c) Great Bess.
(d) Big Ben.
2. Which port do Roger Mouse and Godric put into for a drink on their trip to Jerusalem?
3. Godric doubts that Elric has washed since _____.
(a) Confessor's day.
(b) King's day.
4. Whose throat does Godric slit for martyr's blood when Peregrine Small's runs out?
(a) A squirrel's.
(b) A dog's.
(c) A cat's.
(d) His steward's.
5. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric say that prayer is?
2. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
3. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
4. What does Elric chase fervently?
5. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
2. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
3. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
4. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
5. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
6. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
7. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
8. What does Reginald say of Godric's newly-acquired ability to read and write?
9. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
10. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)