|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) An end in itself.
(b) A list.
(c) Complete injustice.
(d) A struggle.
2. Roger Mouse tells the pilgrims on his ship in Jerusalem's harbor that if they want to swim to shore, they will probably encounter _____.
(d) Killer whales.
3. How does Reginald say Burcwen died?
(a) A sweet wife.
(b) A scorned woman.
(c) A maiden chaste.
(d) A crazy wretch.
4. To which court is Godric taken where Jesus was flogged?
5. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(a) Lemon juice.
(c) Rain water.
(d) Holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
2. Elric is an _____ at Wulsingham.
3. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
4. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
5. When Godric gives his gold away, who does he say was as glad as he was to do so when he told Jesus that he would pay back double for his thievery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does King Baldwin have on Godric and Roger Mouse when they first meet him?
2. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
3. What does Reginald say of Godric's newly-acquired ability to read and write?
4. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
5. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
6. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
7. What happens to Godric as he passes through the Durham gate on his way to Bishop Pudsey's Christmas mass?
8. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
9. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
10. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)