|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Godric's family arrive at his abode after their house burns down?
(a) By horse-drawn carriage.
(b) By caravan.
(c) By chariot.
(d) By ox-drawn cart.
2. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
3. Who suggests that Godric come to Durham with him and go to school?
4. Where does Elric live?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In a lean-to.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the abbey.
5. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
(c) Tel Aviv.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
2. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
3. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
4. Whose throat does Godric slit for martyr's blood when Peregrine Small's runs out?
5. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
2. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
3. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
4. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
5. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
6. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
7. How does Godric really feel about the sacrifices he has made for God as a hermit?
8. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
9. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
10. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)