|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
(b) Bishop Pudsey.
(c) Bishop Flambard.
2. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
3. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
4. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
(a) Execute Falkes de Granvill.
(b) Cut taxes on grain.
(c) Pardon his own brother.
(d) Put Ralph Flambard in the Tower.
5. What does Reginald hold to Godric's lips to see if he is still alive?
(a) An onion.
(b) A feather.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric doubts that Elric has washed since _____.
2. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
3. What does Elric thrash himself with?
4. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
5. What does Elric eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
2. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
3. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
4. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
5. How does Godric really feel about the sacrifices he has made for God as a hermit?
6. What is Godric's description of Perkin?
7. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
8. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
9. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
10. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)