|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elric thrash himself with?
(a) Sycamore saplings.
(b) Leather straps.
(c) Horse-tail whips.
(d) Willow wands.
2. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(b) A key and some moss.
(c) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
(d) A casserole of food.
3. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) Saint Michael.
4. Elric is an _____ at Wulsingham.
5. What does Elric chase fervently?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Godric wander to when Elric dies?
2. What does Godric say that prayer is?
3. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
4. What does Elric eat?
5. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
2. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
3. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
4. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
5. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
6. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
7. What happens to Godric as he passes through the Durham gate on his way to Bishop Pudsey's Christmas mass?
8. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
9. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
10. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)