|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Godric's opinion, who is easy to love?
(a) A brother.
(b) A babe.
(c) A mother.
2. What does Elric thrash himself with?
(a) Leather straps.
(b) Horse-tail whips.
(c) Willow wands.
(d) Sycamore saplings.
3. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
4. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The queen of emptiness.
(b) The Devil's bride.
(c) The Devil's housekeeper.
(d) The Devil's daughter.
5. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
Short Answer Questions
1. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
2. What does Elric eat?
3. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
4. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
5. Who says farewell to Godric on his last trip to Farne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
2. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
3. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
4. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
5. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
6. What does Reginald say of Godric's newly-acquired ability to read and write?
7. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
8. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
9. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
10. What is Godric's description of Perkin?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)