|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
(b) A key and some moss.
(c) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(d) A casserole of food.
2. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(b) Bishop Lynn.
(c) Bishop Auckland.
3. What does Elric eat?
(b) Grub worms and leaves.
(c) Fruit and flowers.
(d) Roots and nuts.
4. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(a) Searching for Tune.
(c) Raking leaves.
5. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) The Apostle Paul.
(d) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reginald say Burcwen died?
2. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
3. Whose throat does Godric slit for martyr's blood when Peregrine Small's runs out?
4. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
5. Godric believes that sometimes when the sea is calm, a splash, a spewing up of foam, makes clear that _____churn below.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
2. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
3. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
4. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
5. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
6. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
7. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
8. What is Godric's description of Perkin?
9. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
10. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)