|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
2. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
(b) Old Ben.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Great Bess.
3. Working for Falkes de Granvill, Godric feels that he is working his own _____.
4. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
(a) A grey goose.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A bag of mushrooms.
(d) A hare.
5. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's bride.
(b) The Devil's daughter.
(c) The Devil's housekeeper.
(d) The queen of emptiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
2. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
3. What does Elric eat?
4. Godric doubts that Elric has washed since _____.
5. Where is Aedward finally buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
2. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
3. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
4. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
5. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
6. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
7. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
8. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
9. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
10. What happens to Godric as he passes through the Durham gate on his way to Bishop Pudsey's Christmas mass?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)