|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
2. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) The Apostle Paul.
3. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's daughter.
(b) The Devil's bride.
(c) The queen of emptiness.
(d) The Devil's housekeeper.
4. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
5. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
(a) Flaxen blond.
(b) Flaming red.
(c) Raven black.
(d) Bark brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
2. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
3. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
4. What does Elric chase fervently?
5. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
2. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
3. What does Reginald say of Godric's newly-acquired ability to read and write?
4. What happens to Godric as he passes through the Durham gate on his way to Bishop Pudsey's Christmas mass?
5. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
6. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
7. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
8. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
9. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
10. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)