|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Goric ask to teach him how to pray?
2. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
(a) Saint Agnes's.
(c) Peter the Great's.
3. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
(a) Holy faith.
(d) An unlikely scenario.
4. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) Ten times ten.
(b) One only.
(d) Seven times seven.
5. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
2. Roger Mouse tells the pilgrims on his ship in Jerusalem's harbor that if they want to swim to shore, they will probably encounter _____.
3. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
4. When Godric gives his gold away, who does he say was as glad as he was to do so when he told Jesus that he would pay back double for his thievery?
5. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric really feel about the sacrifices he has made for God as a hermit?
2. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
3. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
4. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
5. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
6. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
7. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
8. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
9. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
10. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)