|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
(a) An eye.
(b) An ear.
(c) A finger.
(d) A foot.
2. When Flambard was Lord Chancellor, it is said that all _____ slept and money ruled the land.
3. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
(a) Great Rocks.
4. What does Godric say of his incestuous encounter with Burcwen?
(a) That it was done out of love.
(b) That it has ruined his life.
(c) That he himself is now a rapist.
(d) That it was solely Burwen's fault.
5. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
(a) Bishop Flambard.
(b) Bishop Pudsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
2. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
3. Where is Aedward finally buried?
4. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
5. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
2. How does Godric really feel about the sacrifices he has made for God as a hermit?
3. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
4. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
5. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
6. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
7. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
8. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
9. What is Godric's description of Perkin?
10. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)