|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(c) Searching for Tune.
(d) Raking leaves.
2. What does Elric eat?
(a) Roots and nuts.
(c) Grub worms and leaves.
(d) Fruit and flowers.
3. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
4. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
5. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
(a) A finger.
(b) An ear.
(c) A foot.
(d) An eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
2. Whose throat does Godric slit for martyr's blood when Peregrine Small's runs out?
3. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
4. Who suggests that Godric come to Durham with him and go to school?
5. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
Short Essay Questions
1. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
2. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
3. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
4. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
5. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
6. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
7. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
8. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
9. What is Godric's description of Perkin?
10. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)