|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(c) Fur trading.
2. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) Seven times seven.
(b) Ten times ten.
(d) One only.
3. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
(a) Bishop Flambard.
(d) Bishop Pudsey.
4. Whose throat does Godric slit for martyr's blood when Peregrine Small's runs out?
(a) A dog's.
(b) His steward's.
(c) A squirrel's.
(d) A cat's.
5. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aedward finally buried?
2. Where does Elric live?
3. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
4. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
5. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
2. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
3. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
4. What impression does King Baldwin have on Godric and Roger Mouse when they first meet him?
5. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
6. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
7. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
8. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
9. How does Godric really feel about the sacrifices he has made for God as a hermit?
10. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)