|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The church where Godric meets Elric is rumored to be built from _____.
(a) Pieces of the cross.
(b) Trees from Turkey.
(c) Roman stones.
(d) Stones from Atlantis.
2. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(a) Bishop Auckland.
(b) Bishop Lynn.
3. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
(a) Raven black.
(b) Bark brown.
(c) Flaming red.
(d) Flaxen blond.
4. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
(a) As pools of water.
(b) As ferret sharp.
(c) As slow and languid.
(d) As two coal-burnt onions.
5. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(b) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
(c) A casserole of food.
(d) A key and some moss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
2. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
3. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
4. What does Godric say that prayer is?
5. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
2. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
3. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
4. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
5. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
6. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
7. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
8. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
9. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
10. What is Godric's description of Perkin?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)