|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) Great Bess.
(c) Big Ben.
2. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
(a) His baby tub.
(c) Christ's blood.
(d) The sky.
3. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) The Apostle Paul.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
4. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
(a) Flame or torch.
(b) Knight or captain.
(c) Worthy of honor.
5. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
(a) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Saint Christopher.
(c) Saint Mary-le-Bow.
(d) Saint Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
2. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
3. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
4. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
5. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
2. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
3. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
4. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
5. What impression does King Baldwin have on Godric and Roger Mouse when they first meet him?
6. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
7. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
8. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
9. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
10. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)