|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elric eat?
(a) Grub worms and leaves.
(b) Fruit and flowers.
(d) Roots and nuts.
2. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
(a) An eye.
(b) A foot.
(c) A finger.
(d) An ear.
3. How does Godric's family arrive at his abode after their house burns down?
(a) By caravan.
(b) By horse-drawn carriage.
(c) By chariot.
(d) By ox-drawn cart.
4. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A nun.
(b) A monk.
(c) A prefect.
5. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
(b) Tel Aviv.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
2. Where does Godric wander to when Elric dies?
3. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
4. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
5. To which court is Godric taken where Jesus was flogged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
2. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
3. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
4. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
5. What impression does King Baldwin have on Godric and Roger Mouse when they first meet him?
6. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
7. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
8. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
9. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
10. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)