|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(c) Fur trading.
2. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The candles.
(b) The temperature.
(c) The weather.
(d) The floor.
3. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A monk.
(b) A nun.
(d) A prefect.
4. Roger Mouse tells the pilgrims on his ship in Jerusalem's harbor that if they want to swim to shore, they will probably encounter _____.
(b) Killer whales.
5. What does Elric eat?
(b) Fruit and flowers.
(c) Grub worms and leaves.
(d) Roots and nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Flambard was Lord Chancellor, it is said that all _____ slept and money ruled the land.
2. In Godric's opinion, who is easy to love?
3. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
4. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
5. What does Godric say that prayer is?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Reginald is writing in his book about Godric's service with Falkes de Granvill, how does he judge the noble lord as Godric tells his story? How does this reflect Reginald's belief that all men are essentially good?
2. How is Elric, in all his rantings and his hermit lifestyle, treated by the community that surrounds where he lives?
3. What impression does King Baldwin have on Godric and Roger Mouse when they first meet him?
4. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
5. What does Godric bid his feet to do and why?
6. Describe the cathedral at Durham.
7. Describe the apparition that Godric sees when he prays to the Mother Mary.
8. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
9. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
10. How does Perkin help Godric select his tomb?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)