|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) Atilla the Hun.
2. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
(b) Fear of God.
3. Who do Roger Mouse and Godric save from infidels?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A Christian king.
(c) A Roman emperor.
(d) An Egyptian queen.
4. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
(a) A sack of berries and a wool cap.
(b) A talisman and some flint.
(c) A box of dried figs and a wool scarf.
(d) A fox coat and some dried mushrooms.
5. What is Henry Second called?
(a) The Terrible.
(b) Becket's bane.
(c) Regent's advisor.
(d) The Righteous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric says his wealth piled up like _____.
2. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
3. What do Godric and Roger Mouse stow on their boat besides hides and fish?
4. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
5. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
2. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
3. As he gets older, how does Godric resist his weakening state?
4. How does Godric describe his own supposed hermit status?
5. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
6. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
7. What is Godric's purpose for going to Farne?
8. Describe Ailred's coughing as the Wear threatens to flood its banks.
9. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
10. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)