|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bids Godric farewell when he leaves with Falkes de Granvill?
(a) Aedwen and William.
(d) Ailred and Reginald.
2. Who do people say has scored Godric's body?
(b) The Devil.
(d) Godric himself.
3. What sort of horse does Falkes de Granvill ride?
(a) A dapplegray.
(b) A paint.
(c) A Shetland.
(d) A bay.
4. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Devil's grin.
(b) Peacock heart.
(c) Mirthless mind.
(d) Horse-drawn laugh.
5. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
(a) Under the rug.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In a jar.
(d) In a cigar box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
2. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
3. What is Deric short for?
4. in which place does Godric kiss the leper?
5. Where is Falkes de Granvill a lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
2. How does Elric justify his sparse lifestyle?
3. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
4. Describe the pictish king.
5. How does Godric describe the Wear River and what is its significance to him?
6. Who is Maud and what is she like?
7. What happened fifty years before when Ranulf Flambard brought Cuthbert's bones to Durham?
8. How does Godric perceive his acts in the service of Falkes de Granvill after his conversation with Hedwic?
9. What is the truth about Burcwen's feelings for William? What does she call him?
10. What does Godric say of faith, hope, and charity? Why does he say this?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)