|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the monks give followers that they send to Godric for healing to prove they have been sent by the monks?
(a) A rock from the Wear.
(b) A leather bookmark.
(c) A cross of plaited straw.
(d) A wooden coin.
2. Who does Burcwen say must be Godric's uncle, too, when he is about to leave?
(a) The Sorcerer, Merlin.
(b) St. Peter.
(d) The Man in the Moon.
3. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
4. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
(b) Livery man.
(d) Court composer.
5. What does Reginald believe is the meaning of the name "Aedlward"?
(a) King of the Sovereign.
(b) Eye of the Wise.
(c) Humble Servant.
(d) Keeper of Blessedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reginald call Godric?
2. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
3. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
4. Which occupation in Godric's time worked with wax seal contracts and bargains?
5. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
2. As he gets older, how does Godric resist his weakening state?
3. How does Godric question his reasons for deciding to go to Rome with his mother?
4. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
5. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
6. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
7. What is Godric's purpose for going to Farne?
8. How is Godric able to see the future when he sails and how does this foresight evolve?
9. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
10. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)