|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
(a) Three daggers.
(b) Three brooches.
(c) Three squirrel tails.
(d) Three chains.
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) Two pot lids.
(b) Half a church bell.
(c) A carriage door.
(d) A horse trough.
3. What does Roger Mouse smell like when he puts his arm around Godric when they are on the Saint Esprit?
4. Ailred's cough is like _____ to Godric.
(a) Raining rocks.
(b) Thunder claps.
(c) Splitting wood.
(d) Breaking glass.
5. What does Reginald call Godric?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob labored seven years to win the fair _____.
2. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
3. in which place does Godric kiss the leper?
4. What has Godric built that he wades up to as the Wear is surging and rolling to flood?
5. Captain Mouse is Godric's charm against _____on the Saint Esprit.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the snakes Tune and Fairweather provide for Godric?
2. Who is Maud and what is she like?
3. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
4. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
5. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
6. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
7. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
8. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
9. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
10. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)