|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
(c) Livery man.
(d) Court composer.
2. Where does the Saint Esprit go down with Roger Mouse?
(a) On Welsh rocks.
(b) In the Bering Strait.
(c) On the kick of Italy's boot.
(d) Off Indonesia.
3. in which place does Godric kiss the leper?
(a) Sinner's Alley.
(b) The High Hills.
(d) Dover Road.
4. In Godric's dreams, a sack of _____ is on his father's knee.
5. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Devil's grin.
(b) Mirthless mind.
(c) Peacock heart.
(d) Horse-drawn laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
2. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
3. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
4. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
5. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the pictish king.
2. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
3. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
4. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
5. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
6. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
7. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
8. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
9. Who is Maud and what is she like?
10. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)