|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Falkes de Granvill a lord?
2. What is Hedwic's heritage?
(a) She is a Welsh pricess.
(b) She is a high-born Saxon.
(c) She is a peasant-born Russian.
(d) She is an Irish noblewoman.
3. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
(a) Theo Drummond.
(b) Edgar Brown.
(c) John Clover.
(d) Tom Ball.
4. Were doe Aedwen and Godric ship out from on their way to Rome?
5. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
(a) His values.
(b) A piece of his memory.
(c) A scrap of his heart.
(d) His identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Lady month of May, Aedwen is a _____ again.
2. What is a name that Burcwen alone calls William?
3. According to Godric, Tom Ball sweats like a _____.
4. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
5. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maud and what is she like?
2. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
3. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
4. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
5. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
6. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
7. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
8. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
9. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
10. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)