Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
(a) Curled sky.
(b) A bowl of soup.
(c) Grey walls.
(d) Blue hills.
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) A carriage door.
(b) Two pot lids.
(c) Half a church bell.
(d) A horse trough.
3. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
(a) A sack of berries and a wool cap.
(b) A box of dried figs and a wool scarf.
(c) A talisman and some flint.
(d) A fox coat and some dried mushrooms.
4. Of what is Godric speaking when Falkes de Granvill compliments him for speaking so fair?
(c) The Man in the Moon.
5. What is Hedwic's heritage?
(a) She is an Irish noblewoman.
(b) She is a high-born Saxon.
(c) She is a Welsh pricess.
(d) She is a peasant-born Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
2. What sort of horse does Falkes de Granvill ride?
3. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
4. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
5. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
2. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
3. How does Tom Ball bless Godric when he leaves home?
4. Why does Godric choose the church near Bishop Auckland to give away his fortune?
5. What are Godric's thoughts as he listens to the monks sing at Christmas mass in Durham?
6. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
7. Describe the three Godrics that Godric talks about in reference to his telling the tales of his life.
8. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
9. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
10. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)