|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
(b) Atilla the Hun.
(c) Alexander the Great.
2. What is Hedwic's heritage?
(a) She is a Welsh pricess.
(b) She is a high-born Saxon.
(c) She is a peasant-born Russian.
(d) She is an Irish noblewoman.
3. Who kicked Godric's father in the groin before he died?
(a) A grey cob.
(c) A white stallion.
4. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
5. What do Godric and Roger Mouse stow on their boat besides hides and fish?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
2. Who do Roger Mouse and Godric save from infidels?
3. Godric says his wealth piled up like _____.
4. Where is the pictish king from?
5. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maud and what is she like?
2. Describe Ailred's coughing as the Wear threatens to flood its banks.
3. Describe the pictish king.
4. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
5. What is Godric's purpose for going to Farne?
6. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
7. How does Godric question his reasons for deciding to go to Rome with his mother?
8. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
9. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
10. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)