|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pictish king is sitting on a rock picking his teeth with the bone of a _____ when Ailred meets him.
2. Where is Ailred made abbot for a time?
3. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
(a) His house.
(b) His blood.
(c) His writings.
(d) His horse.
4. Godric describes Roger Mouse as a _____.
5. What is Henry Second called?
(a) Regent's advisor.
(b) The Terrible.
(c) The Righteous.
(d) Becket's bane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Godric see in the woods on the way home from Rome?
2. What do the monks call their abode?
3. What does Godric lay at his father's grave stone?
4. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
5. What does Reginald call Godric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
2. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
3. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
4. What are Godric's memories of his father, Aedlward?
5. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
6. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
7. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
8. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
9. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
10. How does Tom Ball bless Godric when he leaves home?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)