|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
(a) Under the rug.
(b) In a cigar box.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In a jar.
2. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
(a) A plucked chicken.
(b) A potato sack.
(c) A basket.
(d) A cat.
3. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
4. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
(c) Bishop's Lynn.
5. In the Lady month of May, Aedwen is a _____ again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric decides that Roger Mouse's sins smacked less of evil than of _____.
2. What is the name of the mason who travels home from Rome with Godric and Aedwen?
3. What has Godric built that he wades up to as the Wear is surging and rolling to flood?
4. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
5. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
2. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
3. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
4. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
5. How does Godric question his reasons for deciding to go to Rome with his mother?
6. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
7. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
8. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
9. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
10. What do the snakes Tune and Fairweather provide for Godric?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)