|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
2. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In a jar.
(c) In a cigar box.
(d) Under the rug.
3. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
4. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
(a) Tom Ball.
(b) John Clover.
(c) Edgar Brown.
(d) Theo Drummond.
5. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Devil's grin.
(b) Mirthless mind.
(c) Horse-drawn laugh.
(d) Peacock heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Falkes de Granvill's steward recently died of?
2. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
3. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
4. Where is Ailred made abbot for a time?
5. What is the name of the hare that Cuthbert tells Godric about who saved him from hunger once?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
2. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
3. How does Godric question his reasons for deciding to go to Rome with his mother?
4. Who is Maud and what is she like?
5. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
6. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
7. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
8. How does Tom Ball bless Godric when he leaves home?
9. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
10. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)