|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kicked Godric's father in the groin before he died?
(c) A white stallion.
(d) A grey cob.
2. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
(a) Atilla the Hun.
(c) Alexander the Great.
3. Who do Roger Mouse and Godric save from infidels?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) An Egyptian queen.
(c) A Roman emperor.
(d) A Christian king.
4. What has Godric built that he wades up to as the Wear is surging and rolling to flood?
(a) A storage shed.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A well.
(d) A little church.
5. Where is Falkes de Granvill a lord?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mason who travels home from Rome with Godric and Aedwen?
2. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
3. Jacob labored seven years to win the fair _____.
4. Roger Mouse buys a dappled mare in Newcastle so he can trot around like a _____.
5. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
2. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
3. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
4. What is Godric's purpose for going to Farne?
5. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
6. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
7. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
8. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
9. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
10. How is Godric able to see the future when he sails and how does this foresight evolve?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)