|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) A horse trough.
(b) A carriage door.
(c) Half a church bell.
(d) Two pot lids.
2. Where is Falkes de Granvill a lord?
3. Where did the Bastard William have himself crowned king?
4. What has Falkes de Granvill's steward recently died of?
(a) Wormwood poisoning.
(c) The plague.
(d) Saint Andrew's fire.
5. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
(c) Court composer.
(d) Livery man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
2. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
3. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
4. Who bids Godric farewell when he leaves with Falkes de Granvill?
5. Were doe Aedwen and Godric ship out from on their way to Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
2. How does Godric mark the appearance of Spring?
3. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
4. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
5. Describe Ailred's coughing as the Wear threatens to flood its banks.
6. How is Godric able to see the future when he sails and how does this foresight evolve?
7. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
8. Who is Maud and what is she like?
9. What do the snakes Tune and Fairweather provide for Godric?
10. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)