|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Deric short for?
2. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
(c) Court composer.
(d) Livery man.
3. Who does Burcwen say must be Godric's uncle, too, when he is about to leave?
(a) The Sorcerer, Merlin.
(b) The Man in the Moon.
(c) St. Peter.
4. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
(a) In a French garden.
(b) In a seaside town.
(c) Under a yellow awning.
(d) On a Roman hill.
5. What is the name of the order of monks that Reginald comes from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ailred made abbot for a time?
2. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
3. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
4. Godric decides that Roger Mouse's sins smacked less of evil than of _____.
5. What does Godric lay at his father's grave stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the holy isle of Farne.
2. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
3. How does William compensate for the loss of Burcwen's attention when she saves Godric?
4. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
5. How does Tom Ball bless Godric when he leaves home?
6. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
7. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
8. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
9. Why does Godric believe that the hands of Reginald's order of monks are soft?
10. Where does Godric buy cheap hair and why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)