|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Godric speaking when Falkes de Granvill compliments him for speaking so fair?
(a) The Man in the Moon.
2. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
(a) Theo Drummond.
(b) Edgar Brown.
(c) Tom Ball.
(d) John Clover.
3. What is the name of the hare that Cuthbert tells Godric about who saved him from hunger once?
4. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
(c) Bishop's Lynn.
5. Who do people say has scored Godric's body?
(a) The Devil.
(d) Godric himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
3. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
4. What color is the pope's saddle as Godric watches him ride past?
5. What does Aedwen give the Roman with the crooked back in order to show her and Godric the holy sites of Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Godric contemplate the decisions he has made in his life regarding the people he has known?
2. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
3. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
4. What are Godric's memories of his father, Aedlward?
5. How does Godric forgive Aedlward for being a distant father?
6. How does Godric describe his own supposed hermit status?
7. What happens to Godric at the River Jordan and how does he compare it to the River Wear?
8. What is the relationship between Burcwen and William like at first?
9. Describe the antics of the choirboys at the church where Godric works.
10. How does Godric's family find out where he is living when their house burns down?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)