|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Deric short for?
2. Which occupation in Godric's time worked with wax seal contracts and bargains?
3. What does Aedwen say has turned Godric's Saxon brain when he tries to tell her of the maid he sees in the woods?
(a) Yellow lettuce.
(b) Ventian wine.
(c) Romish figs.
(d) Forest mushrooms.
4. Were doe Aedwen and Godric ship out from on their way to Rome?
5. Jacob labored seven years to win the fair _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
2. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
3. What does Godric liken Gillian's laughter to?
4. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
5. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
2. Describe Ailred's coughing as the Wear threatens to flood its banks.
3. How does Godric describe Deric to Burcwen and why?
4. Describe the pictish king.
5. Why does Godric believe that Burcwen really loves William?
6. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
7. Why does Godric omit telling Burcwen, or anyone for that matter, about his encounter with Gillian?
8. Why does Cuthbert call Godric "the sparrow's friend"?
9. What do the snakes Tune and Fairweather provide for Godric?
10. How does Godric feel about Roger Mouse?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)