|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the monks give followers that they send to Godric for healing to prove they have been sent by the monks?
(a) A cross of plaited straw.
(b) A rock from the Wear.
(c) A wooden coin.
(d) A leather bookmark.
2. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
(a) A plucked chicken.
(b) A cat.
(c) A basket.
(d) A potato sack.
3. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
(a) A talisman and some flint.
(b) A fox coat and some dried mushrooms.
(c) A sack of berries and a wool cap.
(d) A box of dried figs and a wool scarf.
4. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
(a) St. Peter.
(c) His father in his grave.
5. Where was the crew of the Saint Esprit primarily from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the pictish king from?
2. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
3. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
4. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
5. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the snakes Tune and Fairweather provide for Godric?
2. How does Godric describe Burcwen?
3. How does Falkes de Granvill "mark" Godric when Godric agrees to go into service for him?
4. What does Godric say is King William Redhead's business with the people and how does Flambard help him?
5. How is Roger Mouse able to swindle his ship from Curran?
6. Whose bones are the bones of Rome, according to Godric, and why?
7. What happens when Godric asks Burcwen if she would like to go to Rome with him and their mother?
8. Who is Maud and what is she like?
9. What happens after Godric kisses the leper?
10. What is Godric's impression of the pope?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)