|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Flambard was Lord Chancellor, it is said that all _____ slept and money ruled the land.
2. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
3. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
4. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His hounds and horses.
(b) His wife.
(c) His employees.
(d) His hair.
5. How does Godric's family arrive at his abode after their house burns down?
(a) By ox-drawn cart.
(b) By horse-drawn carriage.
(c) By caravan.
(d) By chariot.
6. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
7. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
(a) Raven black.
(b) Flaming red.
(c) Bark brown.
(d) Flaxen blond.
8. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's housekeeper.
(b) The Devil's bride.
(c) The queen of emptiness.
(d) The Devil's daughter.
9. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(b) Holy water.
(c) Rain water.
(d) Lemon juice.
10. How does Reginald say Burcwen died?
(a) A scorned woman.
(b) A crazy wretch.
(c) A sweet wife.
(d) A maiden chaste.
11. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Great Bess.
(c) Old Ben.
12. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
(d) Great Rocks.
13. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
14. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The temperature.
(b) The floor.
(c) The weather.
(d) The candles.
15. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(b) Searching for Tune.
(d) Raking leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
2. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
3. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
4. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
5. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)