|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
(b) An unlikely scenario.
(c) Holy faith.
2. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(a) Lemon juice.
(b) Holy water.
(d) Rain water.
3. What is Hedwic doing in her chamber when Godric passes as he is leaving the service of Falkes de Granvill?
4. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A nun.
(c) A monk.
(d) A prefect.
5. What does Elric thrash himself with?
(a) Horse-tail whips.
(b) Leather straps.
(c) Willow wands.
(d) Sycamore saplings.
6. Godric doubts that Elric has washed since _____.
(b) King's day.
(c) Confessor's day.
7. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's housekeeper.
(b) The queen of emptiness.
(c) The Devil's bride.
(d) The Devil's daughter.
8. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(a) Bishop Lynn.
(b) Bishop Auckland.
9. What does Godric say of his incestuous encounter with Burcwen?
(a) That it was solely Burwen's fault.
(b) That he himself is now a rapist.
(c) That it has ruined his life.
(d) That it was done out of love.
10. In Godric's opinion, who is easy to love?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A babe.
11. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His employees.
(b) His hounds and horses.
(c) His wife.
(d) His hair.
12. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
(a) As pools of water.
(b) As ferret sharp.
(c) As slow and languid.
(d) As two coal-burnt onions.
13. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
(a) Pardon his own brother.
(b) Execute Falkes de Granvill.
(c) Put Ralph Flambard in the Tower.
(d) Cut taxes on grain.
14. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
(a) Peregrine Small.
15. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) A struggle.
(b) A list.
(c) Complete injustice.
(d) An end in itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric believe is the ape that gibbers in one's loins?
2. Where does Elric live?
3. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
4. Working for Falkes de Granvill, Godric feels that he is working his own _____.
5. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)