|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
(a) Saint Agnes's.
(d) Peter the Great's.
2. Who suggests that Godric come to Durham with him and go to school?
3. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
4. How does Reginald say Burcwen died?
(a) A maiden chaste.
(b) A sweet wife.
(c) A scorned woman.
(d) A crazy wretch.
5. In Godric's opinion, who is easy to love?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A babe.
6. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
(a) Christ's blood.
(c) His baby tub.
(d) The sky.
7. Which port do Roger Mouse and Godric put into for a drink on their trip to Jerusalem?
8. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
9. What does Godric believe is the ape that gibbers in one's loins?
10. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A monk.
(c) A prefect.
(d) A nun.
11. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
12. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
13. What happens to the man who steals sixteen eggs from Falkes de Granvill?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is sentenced to the dungeon.
(c) He is pardoned.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
14. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
15. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) Saint Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
2. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
3. Where does Elric live?
4. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
5. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)