|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(b) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(c) Connection to God.
(d) Solace from tyranny.
2. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) A struggle.
(b) An end in itself.
(c) Complete injustice.
(d) A list.
3. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
(a) A finger.
(b) A foot.
(c) An eye.
(d) An ear.
4. Where does Godric wander to when Elric dies?
(c) Bishop's Lynn.
(d) Saint Giles.
5. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His wife.
(b) His employees.
(c) His hounds and horses.
(d) His hair.
6. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(c) Fur trading.
7. What happens to the man who steals sixteen eggs from Falkes de Granvill?
(a) He is drawn and quartered.
(b) He is sentenced to the dungeon.
(c) He is pardoned.
(d) He is hanged.
8. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
(a) Bishop Flambard.
(c) Bishop Pudsey.
9. Which port do Roger Mouse and Godric put into for a drink on their trip to Jerusalem?
10. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
(a) Quits eating.
(b) Starts crying every night.
(c) Bullies William.
(d) Visits her mother's grave for days at a time.
11. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(a) Searching for Tune.
(b) Raking leaves.
12. The church where Godric meets Elric is rumored to be built from _____.
(a) Roman stones.
(b) Pieces of the cross.
(c) Stones from Atlantis.
(d) Trees from Turkey.
13. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
(a) A hare.
(b) A grey goose.
(c) A bag of mushrooms.
(d) A squirrel.
14. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
(a) Saint Michael.
(b) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Saint Christopher.
(d) Saint Mary-le-Bow.
15. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elric thrash himself with?
2. Roger Mouse tells the pilgrims on his ship in Jerusalem's harbor that if they want to swim to shore, they will probably encounter _____.
3. Who does Godric think never bathed more chaste and fair than Burcwen?
4. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
5. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)