|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
2. The church where Godric meets Elric is rumored to be built from _____.
(a) Roman stones.
(b) Trees from Turkey.
(c) Stones from Atlantis.
(d) Pieces of the cross.
3. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
(a) His head.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His ears.
(d) His heart.
4. Godric believes that sometimes when the sea is calm, a splash, a spewing up of foam, makes clear that _____churn below.
5. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's housekeeper.
(b) The Devil's bride.
(c) The Devil's daughter.
(d) The queen of emptiness.
6. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
7. Who does Godric think never bathed more chaste and fair than Burcwen?
8. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
(a) Flaming red.
(b) Bark brown.
(c) Flaxen blond.
(d) Raven black.
9. What does Godric say of his incestuous encounter with Burcwen?
(a) That it was done out of love.
(b) That it has ruined his life.
(c) That he himself is now a rapist.
(d) That it was solely Burwen's fault.
10. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
(a) Put Ralph Flambard in the Tower.
(b) Cut taxes on grain.
(c) Pardon his own brother.
(d) Execute Falkes de Granvill.
11. Godric doubts that Elric has washed since _____.
(a) King's day.
(b) Confessor's day.
12. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
(a) A hare.
(b) A bag of mushrooms.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A grey goose.
13. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
(a) Old Ben.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Great Bess.
14. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
(b) Holy faith.
(c) An unlikely scenario.
15. Who does Goric ask to teach him how to pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
2. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
3. Which meat are the revelers supposed to be eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
4. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
5. What does Elric eat?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)