|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aedward finally buried?
2. The church where Godric meets Elric is rumored to be built from _____.
(a) Roman stones.
(b) Pieces of the cross.
(c) Stones from Atlantis.
(d) Trees from Turkey.
3. Who says farewell to Godric on his last trip to Farne?
(b) A great white bird.
(c) A seal.
(d) Roger Mouse.
4. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) Complete injustice.
(b) A struggle.
(c) An end in itself.
(d) A list.
5. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
(a) Overrated mess.
(c) Odd collection of events.
(d) Empty box.
6. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(b) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(c) Solace from tyranny.
(d) Connection to God.
7. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) A casserole of food.
(b) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
(c) A key and some moss.
(d) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
8. What is Hedwic doing in her chamber when Godric passes as he is leaving the service of Falkes de Granvill?
9. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
(a) As pools of water.
(b) As two coal-burnt onions.
(c) As ferret sharp.
(d) As slow and languid.
10. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
(a) Christ's blood.
(b) The sky.
(d) His baby tub.
11. To which court is Godric taken where Jesus was flogged?
12. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(a) Bishop Auckland.
(d) Bishop Lynn.
13. Where does Elric live?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In the abbey.
(c) In a lean-to.
(d) In a cave.
14. Which port do Roger Mouse and Godric put into for a drink on their trip to Jerusalem?
15. Who does Goric ask to teach him how to pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
2. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
3. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
4. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
5. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)