|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
(a) Pardon his own brother.
(b) Cut taxes on grain.
(c) Execute Falkes de Granvill.
(d) Put Ralph Flambard in the Tower.
2. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(c) Raking leaves.
(d) Searching for Tune.
3. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
(a) Worthy of honor.
(c) Knight or captain.
(d) Flame or torch.
4. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A prefect.
(c) A monk.
(d) A nun.
5. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
(a) Emerald brooch.
(b) Elicit affair.
(c) Ivory spoon.
(d) Awful singing voice.
6. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His hounds and horses.
(b) His employees.
(c) His wife.
(d) His hair.
7. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) Connection to God.
(b) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(c) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(d) Solace from tyranny.
8. Where does Elric live?
(a) In the abbey.
(b) In a lean-to.
(c) In a hut.
(d) In a cave.
9. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
10. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The candles.
(b) The floor.
(c) The temperature.
(d) The weather.
11. What does Elric chase fervently?
12. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
(a) A bag of mushrooms.
(b) A hare.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A grey goose.
13. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
14. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
(d) Great Rocks.
15. Who suggests that Godric come to Durham with him and go to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric say of his incestuous encounter with Burcwen?
2. Which meat are the revelers supposed to be eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
3. Where is Aedward finally buried?
4. What does Reginald hold to Godric's lips to see if he is still alive?
5. What does Elric thrash himself with?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)