|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
(a) Saint Mary-le-Bow.
(b) Saint Michael.
(c) Saint Christopher.
(d) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
2. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) A key and some moss.
(b) A casserole of food.
(c) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(d) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
3. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
(a) The sky.
(b) Christ's blood.
(d) His baby tub.
4. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
(a) Bishop Pudsey.
(c) Bishop Flambard.
5. What does Elric chase fervently?
6. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
(d) Great Rocks.
7. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
8. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(b) Solace from tyranny.
(c) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(d) Connection to God.
9. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
(a) A grey goose.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A bag of mushrooms.
(d) A hare.
10. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
(a) Knight or captain.
(b) Flame or torch.
(d) Worthy of honor.
11. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(a) Bishop Auckland.
(d) Bishop Lynn.
12. What does Elric eat?
(a) Grub worms and leaves.
(b) Roots and nuts.
(c) Fruit and flowers.
13. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
14. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
(a) A foot.
(b) An ear.
(c) A finger.
(d) An eye.
15. Godric feels that he fails Christ as a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elric is an _____ at Wulsingham.
2. What does Elric thrash himself with?
3. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
4. Who suggests that Godric come to Durham with him and go to school?
5. What does Godric believe is the ape that gibbers in one's loins?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)