|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
2. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The Apostle Paul.
3. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
4. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) Solace from tyranny.
(b) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(c) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(d) Connection to God.
5. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
(a) Holy faith.
(b) An unlikely scenario.
6. Working for Falkes de Granvill, Godric feels that he is working his own _____.
7. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
8. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
(a) Peter the Great's.
(b) Saint Agnes's.
9. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
(a) Knight or captain.
(c) Flame or torch.
(d) Worthy of honor.
10. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(a) Raking leaves.
(c) Searching for Tune.
11. Godric believes that sometimes when the sea is calm, a splash, a spewing up of foam, makes clear that _____churn below.
12. Who does Goric ask to teach him how to pray?
13. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(d) Fur trading.
14. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
(b) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(c) A casserole of food.
(d) A key and some moss.
15. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(b) Rain water.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Lemon juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
2. When Godric gives his gold away, who does he say was as glad as he was to do so when he told Jesus that he would pay back double for his thievery?
3. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
4. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
5. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)