|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
(a) Bark brown.
(b) Flaming red.
(c) Raven black.
(d) Flaxen blond.
2. What does Godric believe is the ape that gibbers in one's loins?
3. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
4. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
(b) Odd collection of events.
(c) Empty box.
(d) Overrated mess.
5. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
(a) Visits her mother's grave for days at a time.
(b) Starts crying every night.
(c) Quits eating.
(d) Bullies William.
6. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
(b) The Apostle Paul.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) John the Baptist.
7. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(a) Holy water.
(b) Lemon juice.
(c) Rain water.
8. When Godric bathes in the River Jordan, it is as if he feels he is bathing in _____.
(a) The sky.
(b) His baby tub.
(c) Christ's blood.
9. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(a) Fur trading.
10. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
(a) Worthy of honor.
(c) Flame or torch.
(d) Knight or captain.
11. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His wife.
(b) His employees.
(c) His hounds and horses.
(d) His hair.
12. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(b) A monk.
(c) A prefect.
(d) A nun.
13. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
14. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
(a) Holy faith.
(c) An unlikely scenario.
15. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
(c) Tel Aviv.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
2. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
3. When Godric gives his gold away, who does he say was as glad as he was to do so when he told Jesus that he would pay back double for his thievery?
4. To which court is Godric taken where Jesus was flogged?
5. How does Godric's family arrive at his abode after their house burns down?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)