|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elric eat?
(a) Roots and nuts.
(c) Fruit and flowers.
(d) Grub worms and leaves.
2. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
3. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
4. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A monk.
(b) A prefect.
(c) A nun.
5. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
6. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
(a) Awful singing voice.
(b) Elicit affair.
(c) Emerald brooch.
(d) Ivory spoon.
7. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(a) Holy water.
(b) Rain water.
(d) Lemon juice.
8. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
(c) Peter the Great's.
(d) Saint Agnes's.
9. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
(b) A key and some moss.
(c) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(d) A casserole of food.
10. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
11. Who does Goric ask to teach him how to pray?
12. Roger Mouse tells the pilgrims on his ship in Jerusalem's harbor that if they want to swim to shore, they will probably encounter _____.
(a) Killer whales.
13. What does Reginald hold to Godric's lips to see if he is still alive?
(a) A cup.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A feather.
(d) An onion.
14. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(c) Bishop Auckland.
(d) Bishop Lynn.
15. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The queen of emptiness.
(b) The Devil's daughter.
(c) The Devil's bride.
(d) The Devil's housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elric thrash himself with?
2. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
3. What happens to the man who steals sixteen eggs from Falkes de Granvill?
4. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
5. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)