|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) Saint Michael.
2. What happens to the man who steals sixteen eggs from Falkes de Granvill?
(a) He is sentenced to the dungeon.
(b) He is pardoned.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is drawn and quartered.
3. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His employees.
(b) His hounds and horses.
(c) His wife.
(d) His hair.
4. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) Seven times seven.
(c) One only.
(d) Ten times ten.
5. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(c) Searching for Tune.
(d) Raking leaves.
6. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
(a) An eye.
(b) A foot.
(c) An ear.
(d) A finger.
7. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
8. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
(a) Starts crying every night.
(b) Bullies William.
(c) Quits eating.
(d) Visits her mother's grave for days at a time.
9. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
(a) His ears.
(b) His heart.
(c) His head.
(d) His eyes.
10. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
11. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
12. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) An end in itself.
(b) A struggle.
(c) A list.
(d) Complete injustice.
13. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A prefect.
(b) A monk.
(d) A nun.
14. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(d) Fur trading.
15. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
(a) Awful singing voice.
(b) Ivory spoon.
(c) Elicit affair.
(d) Emerald brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
2. Roger Mouse tells the pilgrims on his ship in Jerusalem's harbor that if they want to swim to shore, they will probably encounter _____.
3. To which court is Godric taken where Jesus was flogged?
4. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
5. The church where Godric meets Elric is rumored to be built from _____.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)