|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) One only.
(c) Seven times seven.
(d) Ten times ten.
2. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
3. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
(a) Starts crying every night.
(b) Quits eating.
(c) Visits her mother's grave for days at a time.
(d) Bullies William.
4. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(b) Raking leaves.
(c) Searching for Tune.
5. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
(a) Great Rocks.
6. To which court is Godric taken where Jesus was flogged?
7. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
(a) Ivory spoon.
(b) Elicit affair.
(c) Emerald brooch.
(d) Awful singing voice.
8. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
(c) Saint Michael.
(d) John the Baptist.
9. Where does Elric live?
(a) In a lean-to.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a hut.
(d) In the abbey.
10. Elric is an _____ at Wulsingham.
11. Who summons Godric to Christmas mass at Durham?
(a) Bishop Pudsey.
(d) Bishop Flambard.
12. What does Elric thrash himself with?
(a) Willow wands.
(b) Horse-tail whips.
(c) Sycamore saplings.
(d) Leather straps.
13. What is Hedwic doing in her chamber when Godric passes as he is leaving the service of Falkes de Granvill?
14. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(b) A nun.
(c) A monk.
(d) A prefect.
15. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
(d) Peregrine Small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godric say that prayer is?
2. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
3. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
4. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
5. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)