|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(b) Fur trading.
2. Who says farewell to Godric on his last trip to Farne?
(b) Roger Mouse.
(c) A seal.
(d) A great white bird.
3. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
4. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
(b) Tel Aviv.
5. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
(a) A bird's nest and two caterpillars.
(b) A key and some moss.
(c) A casserole of food.
(d) Mouse droppings and a spider's nest.
6. The church where Godric meets Elric is rumored to be built from _____.
(a) Trees from Turkey.
(b) Stones from Atlantis.
(c) Pieces of the cross.
(d) Roman stones.
7. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
8. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
9. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
(a) Pardon his own brother.
(b) Put Ralph Flambard in the Tower.
(c) Cut taxes on grain.
(d) Execute Falkes de Granvill.
10. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
(a) As ferret sharp.
(b) As two coal-burnt onions.
(c) As slow and languid.
(d) As pools of water.
11. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(c) Bishop Lynn.
(d) Bishop Auckland.
12. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(a) Raking leaves.
(b) Searching for Tune.
13. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
14. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
15. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) Ten times ten.
(b) One only.
(d) Seven times seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
2. What is Roger Mouse missing when Godric meets him for their second set of adventures?
3. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
4. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
5. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)