|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Godric come to Durham with him and go to school?
2. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) A list.
(b) An end in itself.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Complete injustice.
3. Godric doubts that Elric has washed since _____.
(a) Confessor's day.
(d) King's day.
4. What does Elric thrash himself with?
(a) Sycamore saplings.
(b) Horse-tail whips.
(c) Leather straps.
(d) Willow wands.
5. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
(a) Ivory spoon.
(b) Awful singing voice.
(c) Emerald brooch.
(d) Elicit affair.
6. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
7. How does Godric describe Elric's eyes?
(a) As two coal-burnt onions.
(b) As ferret sharp.
(c) As slow and languid.
(d) As pools of water.
8. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
(a) Flame or torch.
(b) Worthy of honor.
(c) Knight or captain.
9. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
10. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
(a) Saint Mary-le-Bow.
(b) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Saint Christopher.
(d) Saint Michael.
11. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
12. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
(a) A prefect.
(c) A monk.
(d) A nun.
13. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(c) Fur trading.
14. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
(d) Peregrine Small.
15. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The candles.
(b) The floor.
(c) The weather.
(d) The temperature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elric live?
2. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
3. What was the wisest thing that Godric says Henry the First ever did?
4. What is the name of the bell Godric is hired to ring?
5. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)