|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
2. Which field is thick with corpses from fighting between the Frankish knights and the Turks?
3. Elric is an _____ at Wulsingham.
4. Whose bones have supposedly been carted to Durham?
(b) Saint Agnes's.
(d) Peter the Great's.
5. What does Falkes de Granvill love most?
(a) His hair.
(b) His employees.
(c) His wife.
(d) His hounds and horses.
6. Who says, "Be fools for Christ."?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(c) The Apostle Paul.
(d) John the Baptist.
7. The church where Goric meets Elric is near _____.
(a) Bishop Lynn.
(d) Bishop Auckland.
8. Which meat are the revelers supposed to be eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
9. What does Elric eat?
(b) Roots and nuts.
(c) Fruit and flowers.
(d) Grub worms and leaves.
10. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) Connection to God.
(b) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(c) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(d) Solace from tyranny.
11. What does Godric say that life is as he describes the rich and poor that he has known?
(a) An end in itself.
(b) A list.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Complete injustice.
12. What color is Bishop Flambard's hair?
(a) Bark brown.
(b) Flaxen blond.
(c) Raven black.
(d) Flaming red.
13. What is the name of Jerusalem's port where King Baldwin wishes to be taken by Roger Mouse and Godric?
14. What does Reginald hold to Godric's lips to see if he is still alive?
(a) An onion.
(b) A feather.
(c) A cup.
(d) A mirror.
15. What does Elric chase fervently?
Short Answer Questions
1. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
2. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
3. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
4. Where is Aedward finally buried?
5. When Godric gives his gold away, who does he say was as glad as he was to do so when he told Jesus that he would pay back double for his thievery?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)