|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose throat does Godric slit for martyr's blood when Peregrine Small's runs out?
(a) A cat's.
(b) A dog's.
(c) A squirrel's.
(d) His steward's.
2. Who says farewell to Godric on his last trip to Farne?
(b) Roger Mouse.
(c) A seal.
(d) A great white bird.
3. What does Burcwen have in her lap when she arrives with her family at Godric's abode after their house burns down?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A hare.
(c) A bag of mushrooms.
(d) A grey goose.
4. What does Godric say of his incestuous encounter with Burcwen?
(a) That he himself is now a rapist.
(b) That it has ruined his life.
(c) That it was done out of love.
(d) That it was solely Burwen's fault.
5. Godric built a little church of wood for ______ near the Wear.
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) Saint Michael.
6. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The floor.
(b) The candles.
(c) The weather.
(d) The temperature.
7. Which meat are the revelers supposed to be eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
8. Aedwen, in one of her sick stupors, thinks she remembers that the pilgrim Maud had an _____.
(a) Emerald brooch.
(b) Ivory spoon.
(c) Awful singing voice.
(d) Elicit affair.
9. By the reckoning of men, one half of Godric's life is an _____.
(a) Overrated mess.
(b) Empty box.
(c) Odd collection of events.
10. Working for Falkes de Granvill, Godric feels that he is working his own _____.
11. Who does Godric think never bathed more chaste and fair than Burcwen?
12. What does Elric chase fervently?
13. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(a) Rain water.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Lemon juice.
14. What is the name of the woods around the Wear River?
(c) Great Rocks.
15. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) Ten times ten.
(b) Seven times seven.
(d) One only.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Flambard was Lord Chancellor, it is said that all _____ slept and money ruled the land.
2. Where is Aedward finally buried?
3. What does Godric say that prayer is?
4. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
5. Where does Elric live?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)