|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric say that prayer is?
(a) Shooting shafts in the dark.
(b) Connection to God.
(c) A good way to exercise the tongue.
(d) Solace from tyranny.
2. What does Godric say of his incestuous encounter with Burcwen?
(a) That he himself is now a rapist.
(b) That it has ruined his life.
(c) That it was done out of love.
(d) That it was solely Burwen's fault.
3. Who does Godric think never bathed more chaste and fair than Burcwen?
4. Which meat are the revelers supposed to be eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
5. What is Godric doing when he sees Burcwen bathing?
(a) Raking leaves.
(d) Searching for Tune.
6. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
(b) Rain water.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Lemon juice.
7. Who has chased Roger Mouse and Godric through the streets before with murder in his eye?
(a) Peregrine Small.
8. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's housekeeper.
(b) The Devil's bride.
(c) The queen of emptiness.
(d) The Devil's daughter.
9. Which port do Roger Mouse and Godric put into for a drink on their trip to Jerusalem?
10. What sort of brigands accost Godric and his friends on the way back from Christmas mass in Durham?
(b) Fur trading.
11. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The weather.
(b) The candles.
(c) The floor.
(d) The temperature.
12. How many seas does Godric say he has sailed in his mind?
(a) Ten times ten.
(c) One only.
(d) Seven times seven.
13. Godric believes that sometimes when the sea is calm, a splash, a spewing up of foam, makes clear that _____churn below.
14. What does Elric chase fervently?
15. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
(a) Bullies William.
(b) Quits eating.
(c) Visits her mother's grave for days at a time.
(d) Starts crying every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Like Jacob, Godric considers his _____ to be a stone.
2. Where does Elric live?
3. What does "Flambard" mean in Norman?
4. Godric asks, " Dear Lord, strew _____ upon my hermit's dreams to make them sweet."
5. What is the name of the school where Godric finally learns his letters?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)