|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric want God to anoint so that he may be a better person for Burcwen?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His ears.
(c) His head.
(d) His heart.
2. What does Hedwic complain about when she starts her conversation with Godric at the feast?
(a) The floor.
(b) The weather.
(c) The temperature.
(d) The candles.
3. Who says farewell to Godric on his last trip to Farne?
(a) A seal.
(b) Roger Mouse.
(d) A great white bird.
4. What is Hedwic doing in her chamber when Godric passes as he is leaving the service of Falkes de Granvill?
5. When Godric gives his gold away, who does he say was as glad as he was to do so when he told Jesus that he would pay back double for his thievery?
6. What does Godric call the notion that the dead will live again?
(a) An unlikely scenario.
(c) Holy faith.
7. Who says to Godric that life is like porridge?
8. What does Elric eat?
(a) Grub worms and leaves.
(b) Fruit and flowers.
(c) Roots and nuts.
9. When Godric shuns Burcwen after watching her bathe, what does she do?
(a) Quits eating.
(b) Bullies William.
(c) Visits her mother's grave for days at a time.
(d) Starts crying every night.
10. Hedwic sees her life as being in Hell with her as _____.
(a) The Devil's daughter.
(b) The Devil's bride.
(c) The Devil's housekeeper.
(d) The queen of emptiness.
11. In Godric's opinion, who is easy to love?
(a) A mother.
(c) A babe.
(d) A brother.
12. Who is the kinsman of Tom Ball that hires Godric to ring the bells ?
13. Which meat are the revelers actually eating at Falkes de Granvill's feast?
14. How does Godric's family arrive at his abode after their house burns down?
(a) By ox-drawn cart.
(b) By horse-drawn carriage.
(c) By caravan.
(d) By chariot.
15. Who does Goric ask to teach him how to pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Godric to Burcwen's unmarked grave?
2. Perkin says a tomb is like a _____ when Godric trims a slab of rock for his tombstone.
3. What does Perkin say he found in Godric's hair when he cleans him up for Christmas mass?
4. What is Godric sprinkled with when he is being prepared for Christmas mass?
5. Where did Jesu walk barefoot to that causes Godric to walk barefoot for the rest of his life?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)